Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

The Wyverian canted their head, claws drumming against the sides of their own arms. "Ah. I get your meaning now. One of the oldest tricks in the book." They tap their masked temple. "Smart. Let's see how this plays out, especially since it seems some of our contestants are starting to back off. But the bone-horse has got to be getting tired by now, no?"

((See you!))
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

The Mary Lwyd rattles as the three pairs of feet under its sheet start to jig.

"Ach, your rhymes begin to hit their stride
and that I simply can't abide!
For this round I'll give ye a flower
But don't think ye've defeated my brain power!"

Grudgingly, it reaches into its basket of white roses, laying one of them on the table.
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Byrd could appreciate Light's intelligence and wit, but she worried that if someone caught on to her tricks -- namely the Mary Lwyd -- that it might cause more trouble than good. She continues to observe Light and Ollie's teamwork, but she had inadvertently moved nearer to the rhyming spectacle, watching with keen interest now that only the skulled entity and the fiddler were left.
Ollie (played anonymously)

With a whimper of pure joy, Ollie goes tearing after the squirrel toy. He nearly runs into several tables, as he is not looking at anything but the arc of the squirrel, and in one case accidentally pulls a tablecloth off the table as he goes right under it. Plates and silverware go crashing to the ground, but Ollie does not notice. Ollie sees nothing but Squirrel. As the squirrel begins to descend, Ollie leaps into the air to grab it in his jaws, squeaking it wildly. SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUE-SQUE-SQUEAAAK!

((@Rhens, lovely having you! <3))
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((See you Rhens! :D))
((OLLIEEEE WHY I CAN'T TAKE YOU HOME XD ))
" how many of the have you got, and I haven't even shot my shot, I feel like you should give at least four, sorry man we just need more. although my filddler friends is swell, I can do this for a spell, the time it takes for you to drop, it all and more of what I've got!"
Definitely the Duchess (played anonymously)

With a gasp, one of the Duchess' jumps to her feet and races over to the table, snatching up the rose that the Mari Lwyd just relinquished. "It's working! My realm is saved!"
"Sometimes old tricks work best", Light chuckled. Narrowing her eyes s Mari Lwyd seemed to lose ground. "Hmm, scales are already tipping in favor of the fiddler. Let's see if we can tip them even further!"
And then Ollie threw himself after the squeaky toy - as she had guessed, causing quite the upheaval in the process. As the confusion rose in the opposite end of the room, she swiftly handed the rose to Wyverian. "Take it to the other two sitting duchesses and tell them to make quite a show as if one of them - it can be any - has just... found it.... and it happens to be just the one they're looking for... even if it's not. But be discreet", she said, almost soundlessly.

((oh gosh, Ollie is adorable <3))
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

From the sound of things, the fiddler was quickly ending up alone in this interesting little battle of words. He was not as skilled with spoken verse as with the instrument in his arms, but this was such a unique situation to find himself in that it intrigued none the less.

And then it seemed that things were done! For the time. Behind his mask, the fiddler grinned.

"I wouldn't wish it, Mari, dear
T'was fun to speak with you
I'll only hope I can be here
for when we have round two."
((poor pan, everyone forgot about him :(, I think))
Lylith (played by SilentSybil)

Lylith makes her way over to the back of the group, to a certain distance of course. She didn't understand why all this was happening. Persephone said it would be music and dancing, flirting also came into debate. However, she was glad she wasn't forced to do any of those things.
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

((Sorry, pan, you kept saying you had to leave so I think people simply thought you did!))

(( I haven't, no worries! ))
(( oh, that was just mentioning the rose situation, he was going to go run and grab a rose from his sister when he was done))
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

"Roses, roses, from all 'round the 'verse,
I've come and gone and filled my purse!
First one, then two, then three, then more!
And though the duchess' parties it made a bore
I kept on going and grabbed a score--"

it paused in its jig, the head swivelling toward where the table full of ceramics had fallen over, very briefly distracted.
Wander (played anonymously)

"Not in the area I live in, it is always warm... and the 2 Glacions hate it"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus