Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

A disturbance in the force... Or something else equally odd, at any rate. There's a distortion in reality at the edge of the glade, the air rippling and contracting on itself, colors going all funny around the outline of a middle-aged man with a bit of a gut. The rippling stops, and then there he is, standing there in his coveralls and peering around at the party with a look of frustration. "Of course, of course," he mutters to himself, looking down at a clipboard he's holding. "Party just about starting, always last minute, no thought bet they'll expect me to put on a tophat while I'm installing..." Setting the clipboard aside, he lets it go as if he were putting it on a shelf rather than just generally into the air. However, the clipboard obligingly settles as if it were put on something solid, and a moment later just isn't there anymore. Still muttering to himself, the handyman approaches the dance floor, and begins installing strips of LED lights around the edges of it using a staple gun he is now holding but definitely didn't have before.
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Mini Might looks around and spots something to play with and tackles what appears to be a spoon as if it was a prey item flipping in a head over heals summersault in the process.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

Tabetha was taken aback, but nonetheless chuckled at Mimi. Almost evilly. "Why thank you, darling! I know, I'm amazing."

Redirecting her attention back to Koi, she looks mildly unamused. "Well, maybe it is, maybe it isn't."

Clearing her throat, she snaps back to her sudden enthusiasm. "But alas, who cares! At least I know what to call you by! What a pleasure to meet you, Koi!"
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess laughs and applauds as Mimi twirls, grinning in approval. Then they are approached by Lilandra, and the Duchess half-turns so that she is now included in the group with Mimi, a trio of women who are dressed to the 9s -- albeit in very different styles.

"My dear, I would not think for a single moment to hold this party and not send you an invitation," the Duchess responds to Lilandra, her voice filled with sincerity. "And have the two of you met my friend..." she gestures toward Mini Might who is seated just a little ways away.
Mimi (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Mimi offered Tabetha an enthusiastic nod and a beaming smile. Apparently she was oblivious to the almost evil note in that laugh... Or maybe she just didn't care? Either way, she seemed inclined to agree that this random stranger was indeed amazing.
Lilandra Eule (played by Mirafin)

"Lilandra Eule," she says, with a graceful nod. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Lilandra and Mimi, you do me a great honor by attending. Please, enjoy the refreshments, meet everyone who has come and feel welcome."

Hearing the crack of a staple-gun go off behind her, the Duchess' smile almost falters. She turns her head to gaze at the Interdimensional Handyman with barely veiled consternation. trying to decide whether to make the man stop adding decorations and enjoy the party, or just to let him get on with adding even more festive lights.
Koi (played by HONEYBLOSSOM)

She replied nonchalantly, her voice almost sounding like a low, droning noise
"Well, its a pleasure to meet you too, Tabetha"
For a moment, she turned around looking at all the guests, and their outfits, admirably, before turning her gaze towards Lilandra
"..I like your dress..! Where did you get it..?"

"Thank you," replied Lilandra. "It was made for me by a very talented seamstress I know. A small smile came to her face, "I like yours too, though pink is not a color I normally wear."

Mini Might gets bored with the spoon he was playing with and decides to hop around sending out a telepathic image of a creature waving "hi" to everyone within 100 feet of him.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"Refreshments?!" Tabetha perked up with sudden determination, overhearing the Duchess.

Taking a moment to recompose herself, Tabetha's hands snaked out from the slits in the worn cloak she donned, smoothing out the wrinkles in it. "Ahem, forgive me- Are we free to help ourselves to the banquet yet, by any chance?"

Tabetha was salivating. "I'm... absolutely famished."

A lightbulb seemed to go off above Mimi's head as her attention suddenly snapped to the refreshments table. Somehow managing to gain even more enthusiasm, she bounced over and began perusing the selection of treats, eager to satisfy her sweet tooth.
Alfred Williams (played anonymously)

Alfred wandered over to the refreshments table, looking at what was on offer. After having a peruse of the table, he picked up a plate and took some of the food.
Koi (played by HONEYBLOSSOM)

"Thank you..!" She took out a small scrap of paper from her pocket, presumley ripped from a book and a fountain pen, holding them out to Lilandra
"Can you write down the seamstresses shop name for me..?"
Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The handyman almost staple-guns his own hand as he jerks when a telepathic image of someone waving gets smooshed into his brain. He straightens up with a great deal of coughing and sputtering, looking around for the source. "Oh, geez!" he cries, spotting the little mini dragon. "Aw no, did someone drop you off here?" He thumps over to Mini Might and attempts to pick him up, calling out, "Hey, whose kid is this?? Did anyone lose a kid?"

"Certainly," she replies and writes the name and address in a lovely script. "I'm going to see what refreshments there are, would you care to join me?"

Her attention briefly taken from the arrangement of food, Mimi glanced over to the little commotion with the handyman and the little dragon. "Whoa! Is that a mini dinosaur?" She asked, pointing with one hand at Mini Might while the other was plucking a snack from the table.

"Oh but of course!" the Duchess says, nodding enthusiastically to Tabetha. "Please, please, fill your plate with whatever you wish. Everything here is for you." To illustrate her point, she steps over to the buffet table and picks up a plate of pastries and chocolate-dipped strawberries, all decorated with little snowflakes in white icing, and tries to press the plate toward Tabetha.
P.que (played anonymously)

Like a mist I float on by wearing red cloak dragging on the floor to hide my feet while my face is covered a full plague mask as i just stand near something red

Mini might looks miffed at being called a kid but lets the person pick him up anyways and sticks his tongue out at being called a Dinosaur.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus