Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Madelyn (played by Sanne)

The night is still young as Madelyn arrives, helped out of the vehicle and instantly gazing upon the magnificent manor. The hustle and bustle carries over to the front entrance and grows louder as the door part. Her beautiful, deep wine gown shimmers and flows around her like water as she steps inside, her face obscured by a golden mask. She greets one of the servants and takes an offered drink, and then does her best to blend into the crowd while taking a good look around.

What an interesting gathering! Madelyn stands out not only for her gorgeous gown, but she is also tall and well built, making it difficult to miss her, especially with a few inches added from her heels!
Jacob Walker (played by FrostWolf)

Jacob heard the conversation and was slightly confused, he had no clue what was going on as he found himself looking at his design. It didn't look good at all....at least to him the feathers weren't giving a fur-like look so he took them off and separated the feather from the stem and used the hair part of the feather to make it look more like fur. It was looking better already, he took the popcorn making it into smaller pieces to make it look more like stars. He changed some of the gold glitter to silver to make it look more like stars, the black hat was giving off the night sky, the white sequin the moon, the gold, and silver popcorn the stars, and the tiny little wolf figurine standing on what appeared to be an elevated platform howling at the moon.
The Black Rock Hearted Boy (played anonymously)

The boy seemed happy to know his raccoon trap capsule was clever... "He he, thank you..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Let's see...Maybe we can put a sparkly ribbon on it and then take a smaller, black ribbon and put it over the sparkly ribbon to make it more of uhhh striped pattern!" The boy suggested, sticking the glass onto the side of the hat he was working on.
Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Striped pattern..." mutters the man, shaking his head as if that idea was absolutely blowing his mind. "You're clearly the better designer, my boy. Why don't you pick?" he gestures at the big pile of ribbons and things, uncertain himself whether satin, velvet or even leather were better choices for a hat band.
Mimi (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"I think this nest turned out good!" Mimi told Tabetha. "Maybe we should decorate the brim a bit- maybe some feathery trim? Just so the nest isn't the only attraction! And then we'll be set!"

"Oh, uh thanks." The boy smiled shyly, he wasn't used to getting compliments.

He peered through the big pile of ribbons and pulled out a ribbon that was covered in a silky, shiny white color, then a small black ribbon. "Now, we just have to use the goo to stick it around the hat, mind glueing the other side for me while I do this side?" The boy held up the ribbons.

Jacob looked around, his design was too simple but practically finished. He wondered what he should do to change it and add to it but he wasn't in a group that was one disadvantage of not being able to work together with others. His hat design could be 10x better. He debated what to do, picking up the dice and giving it a roll. If it was an even number he would ditch the design and just watch, if it was an odd number he would keep working on his own design.
Madelyn (played by Sanne)

Madelyn sips her drink quietly, trying to figure out what's going on. She turns towards another masked individual next to her and quietly asks, "What are they doing?"
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"I completely agree!" Tabetha grabbed a handful of feathers. "I have a feeling that a plumed hat would be absolutely stunning!"

He sighed before rolling it across the table, he had never been one to play the odds.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 1.

An odd number, sticking to his word he kept working on his design, grabbing one of the ribbons and wrapping it around the trip, the feathers now giving off a more of a vibe of fur from using the ribbon to smooth it out, he placed the ribbon right above the feathers wondering how it looked. He didn't like it so he took it away, and sat there thinking wondering how to elevate the design and make it better.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"A hat making contest," says the Duchess delightedly to Madelyn, handing her a drink too. "And the time is nearly out. Each team was assigned a random mystery item that they had to include in their design.. That team there had eggs, this one here had little glass bottles, and this solo team here was assigned popcorn. Time is almost up!" she adds, raising her voice so all the contestants can hear her. "Three minutes!"
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Sends a telepathic image of a child yelling hi to all the new people in the party then tries to shove a stick into his teams hat

Nodding happily, Mimi began to assist Tabetha in trimming the brim of the hat with feathers, scrounging around the table for glue to make them stick. She also added some more sequins... Just for good measure... Then carefully affixed the nest atop the hat with a bit more glue.

Jacob looked up giving a wave to the person the duchess was talking to. He was open to anyone joining him, he needed to elevate this design fast. He was wondering why he chose to work alone and then remembered it was because he couldn't stand other people, he would need to work on that.
Interdimensional Handyman (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Good choices," grunts the handyman, taking the other half of the ribbon the boy gives him and glueing it down hurriedly. He might not have much of an eye for design, but he does have a steady hand and a long familiarity with attachment methods, so the ribbon goes on nice and straight. He grits his teeth as he hears that time is almost up and looks at the kid who is helping him, his eyes popping a bit. "Quick, do we need anything else? A pin or a feather on the band?"
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

"Watch it!" Tabetha hissed at Mini Might, swatting the stick away. "You're gonna break the damn thing!"

Tabetha quickly clears her throat. That was a weird change of accent and vocal tone, there... "Ahem, forgive me. Another rude outburst. What I meant to say, darling, is that you should be more careful! You don't want to break all of these beautiful eggs, do you?"
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Nods at the mean voiced lady and drops his tiny stick with a look that sends the message -what i was helping-

The boy thought for a moment, then he had an idea. "I know!" He pulled out another thing from his pocket, a little pin of a bright, yellow sun. "I was going to wear this with my outfit, but I decided on painting the same sun on my mask instead of wearing this pin." He said, holding it up. "Let's pin that riiight here." He stuck the pin on the hat. "I think it looks good." He smiled, his bucktooth showing.

Mimi carefully assessed the hat for damage. Luckily, nothing was broken, and the glue did not come undone. She did have to smooth out the weaving of the nest just a bit, but it was fiiiiiine!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus