Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Clove (played anonymously)

They pull out their journal, and tapping a pencil to their chin while they look around for someone willing to be drawn--but jump, startled at the very loud arrival of one beached whale. "What was--oh." They stared, blinking at the creature. That's... that's a predicament.
Dahlia (played by Afterthestorm04)

Dahlia picks up the baby dragon. "Hey. Can you help my little friend over there?" She points to the little fairy who's hiding out in the Christmas Tree. "She's a friendly creature.."

Realizing this is a Masquerade, she puts on a respirator, she looks at Selanna. "Zombies are a tricky creature to say the least." She tries to remember the best one to list off. "The zombie I was describing was not one caused by Disease, or an alien scourge.. but out of mechanical parts."
"You want to help too, Ollie?" Cris's eyes smiled behind the mask, as she reached out to cuddle the now-free neck of the Golden Retriever. "It should be a warm enough blanket that it indeed feels like hugging you." That gave her an idea, and she looked through the fabrics for some golden one - ah, here it was, a length of glittery lamé. She drew out the shiv she kept in her gloves for self-defense, some scissors from the sewing instruments, and sat down at table, gesturing for Ollie to come close too. "Look, I'm gonna cut out a dog figure and then we'll sew it to the rest of the blanket. Then... it'll be a bit like having a Good Boy of their own they can hug as they wrap themselves in the blanket." But, first the blanket itself. She collected some pieces of cotton, there was also some comfortably softer and fuzzier ones - ah, velvet; she'd use it for the top layer... would make it more comfortable to hold the blanket.

As she worked, a familiar tune escaped her lips, she hadn't even realized she was humming. "It is the season of the heart, a special time of caring, the ways of love made clear..."

Heh - weird, she din't remember the last time she'd caught herself _humming_ around others these days... except, of course, for lullabies to her kids. She paid it no attention though, focused on the work at hand. Velvet, cotton, cotton, ah, this was warmer, maybe pile?... then some more patches of cotton....
Monicup (played by Afterthestorm04)

She's wearing a tiny hockey mask. She also has a tiny Machete in her hands. "SPRINGTRAP!" She squeaks as she remembers her old friend.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie scrambles to his feet and trots over to pose for Light Raygun. Still holding the stick in his teeth, he says something that sounds like, "Oh yes I like to help I am SO helpful" around the item in his mouth.
Selaana Bramir (played by Jence)

The Tiefling woman walks closer to see what was happening, closer to the place where she heard the melody and a loud thud. A giant whale. On the sand. "Oh dear, we have to help it go back to the sea. Are we enough to push it back to the sea?" She talks to herself, trying to calculate everything in her head. "Does anyone know how to talk to animals? Or to whales? We should help it get back into the sea..." She lets out, before making her way toward the tall, immense, majestic aquatic animal.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess pauses, hearing the crying of the whale, and quietly excuses herself to go to the edge of the cliff and look down at the whale. "We'll have to be enough, I fear," she says solemnly to Selaana.

"Um, sir.." She looks at Selaana. "Monicup might have something that can help." She picks up Monicup, and she brings her to him. "Help him sweetheart." She says to Monicup.
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Forgets all about the fun creatures and flies off towards the whale and starts flying circles above it having no clue how to help continues to panic sending out a mental image of the whale needing help. The emotions behind His panic are emotions of panic and destress and are also transmitted with his Telepathic images.

Clover stashed away their journal--this was much more important!--and hurried over the the cliff edge. "Do you have anything in mind to help it out? I'll lend a hand where I can," they said decisively.
"You really are!" Cris chuckled and tickled the dog's ears affectionately. "A very good boy!" Alright, now that she had enough patches for the main bulk of the blanket... the dog-like decoration. Observing Ollie to get his shape as closely as possible, she traced a rough outline on the glittery fabric and began cutting it. She was keeping an ear out on what went on with the others too, and overheard something about a stranded whale, but there was not much she could do to help. "If only there was some way to levitate it maybe..." She mused out loud, still focused on her sewing work, but trying to think of something helpful. "But meanwhile throw some water over them, they must stay hydrated!"
"Donate to homeless shelters...I already do that a lot, especially this time of year...."

Candice was broken out of her focus and muttering by the same cry, compounded by the dragon's message. "Excuse me." She hastily said to Nick as she handed back the manual and hurried to the same cliff everyone else was looking at. "Goodness!" She said at the sight of the poor beached whale. Upon Cri's instruction, she immediately headed back looking for a hose or some sort of water source they could use--she got the feeling the punch bowl would be insufficent.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie did his best noble golden retriever calendar pose, taking his job of posing as the Good Boy for a blanket very seriously. That did not mean that he put down the stick at any point, of course.
Monicup (played by Afterthestorm04)

She looks at the Whale, and she summons something that a creature her size shouldn't be able to summon. A huge army of possums. "SAVE THE BIG FISHY!". She squeaks as the possums grab a bunch of water buckets, and some begin gathering other animals, Bears, Mountain Goats, Bighorn Sheep, and a Few Elephants. Clearly this little fairy has more magic than she lets people know about. "SAVE THE BIG FISHY!"
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Nick accepts the manual back from Candy with a hurried nod, murmuring, "Yes, of course, you must go." He observes their actions from a distance, doing a bit of fussing over his sleigh in the meantime.

The Duchess also remains at the top of the cliff, gazing down to see what the party goers do for the poor enormous beastie flopping its massive tail on the beach. It seems soothed a bit as water begins being splashed on it by a horde of animals.
While at this point it was redundant with the water buckets, Candice still quickly returned with agarden hose she managed to find and turn on, and aimed it down at the whale, hoping this would also buy them a bit more time to figure out how to get it back into the water. But when she saw all the animals pitching in she couldn't help but give a confused look. "Not that I should be complaining but where did they all come from??" she asked in astonishment.
Selaana Bramir (played by Jence)

Selaana nods to the Duchess. Indeed, they might need the help of all the guests to help the poor creature to get back at sea. She looks over at her latest acquaintance (Dahlia) and looks over at Monicup. Just the little dragon spinning around in the air, Selaana was a bit stressed out by this, though her body language stayed quite calm. "I could maybe conjure one of my familiars to help us... but he won't be staying for too long." She says before her mouth starts to let out incomprehensible words - probably an old language. A circle of flames appears in front of her, and a tall creature emerges from it. The creature looked like a weird demon version of Frankenstein, he did not appear to talk. "Alastor, come with me. We need to push this whale into the sea. " She says, before sprinting towards the whale. When they both got at its sides, they both try to push it towards the water.

That was a good plan. Echoing the animals' action, Clover hurries to grab a bucket as well. If they all could keep the whale damp and alive until the fairy gathered enough help, perhaps they could save it! Clover dumped water over the whales side, and rushed to collect more from the sea.

She looks at Candice. "Monicup summoned them." She says as she holds up a tiny fairylike creature to Candice's Eye level "See.."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus