Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Waves his tail at all the new faces and continues to drink his mug of tea that he found just sitting on a table with his snout nose first in the cup
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Oho," chuckles Nick at Raygun's quip, catching the list reference. "I happen to be quite a fan of lists, yes I am... And it does just so happen that I have a list of good deeds that my sleigh could benefit from.. Hold on just a moment." He fumbles around in the front of the sleigh, shifting packages and bags this way and that until he pulls out what appears to be an owner's manual for Flying Sleighs. He pulls out his spectacles and balances them on his nose, clearing his throat. "Ahem... Yes, it says here that any of the following will do: Knitting or quilting a blanket for a child who is cold and laying it across the front of the sleigh so that it can be taken to where it needs to go, driving a monster away from a defenseless village with no expectation of reward for doing so, raising the self-esteem of another person, plant a tree, clean something that's gotten quite dirty... hmn, this is quite the list, it goes on a bit..."
Dahlia (played by Afterthestorm04)

Dahlia looks at Mini Might.
Korby Pureheart (played anonymously)

((Well, i'ma head out of this event. It was fun :D))

((Just a reminder since it's been about 6 hours since the venue info was posted: The venue is an outdoor party in front of an manor:

On the appointed evening, the trees part to reveal a grand manor, its eaves softly glowing with tiny, flickering white lights. Surely some form of enchantment? The adjacent field has been prepared for a banquet, filled with cloth tents embroidered with holly, tables laden with food and sweets rim the area, and a band plays beside a temporary wooden dance floor, their music intermingling with the sound of crashing waves far below. The whole is bathed in the hushed blue light of a full moon.))
Selaana Bramir (played by Jence)

((Aw, well, it was fun meeting you Korby! You made me want to play Kirby ahah :3 ))
Korby Pureheart (played anonymously)

((Yup. Been fun while it lasted. I certainly must be going. Cya lads!))
Clove (played anonymously)

Clover tilted their head. "And doing these good deeds will... help you fix your sleigh?" They seemed skeptical, but more curious than critical of the idea. What did all these tasks have to do with fixing that sleigh?

Clearly they were at all not familiar with Christmas spirit.
((I only knew Korby for a brief amount of time and I already love them X3))

((Oh hey Taro! :D ))

((been fun Korby))

"I have never seen a Dragon before... and believe me, I have seen things you can never imagine" She seems proud of the fact that she has fought demons, goddesses of war and somehow lived to tell the tale of it all, she clover, "Hey, Do you need help with that? I don't know how to fix a sleigh... But I know a few things about cars."
The eyes behind the mask gleamed at the mention of driving a monster away, but in less belligerent fashion than one might expect from a vigilante. Monsters, dangerous as they were, also had an unarguable coolness about them, and some could even be reasonated with , be they sentient or feral. It wasn't always the case, of course, but sometimes... "The helpless village thing sounds like it's up my alley, if I knew where this village is I could see to it, no problem..." She had hoped for a nice evening off, but hey, when work calls, it calls. However...

... her heart ached when he spoke of knitting a blanket for a cold child. "... Nick? You got some sewing tools or wool in your bag, by chance?"

She'd have loved going monster hunting, no doubt. She was better at sewing than knitting, but... anything that could help a child had priority, even over what she'd enjoy.

Pulls his snout free of the tea mug he found and looks around all goofy looking cause he has tea all over his red snout

"I have never seen a Dragon before... and believe me, I have seen things you can never imagine" She seems proud of the fact that she has fought demons, goddesses of war and somehow lived to tell the tale of it all, she looks clover, "Hey, Do you need help with that? I don't know how to fix a sleigh... But I know a few things about cars."

((Sorry Candy, just realized you introduced yourself to Nick! Getting on that, one sec))
((NP, I was wondering but I didn't want to be pushy by pointing it out))
Selaana Bramir (played by Jence)

Selaana's expression becomes quite serious. "That is, indeed, quite a list..." She says, not sure if all of those were doable at this very moment. And even then, how could good deeds help someone build a sleigh? Her eyes started to shine with excitement when a thought came to her head: Maybe... it could be a new kind of magic? One she had never heard of before? "Are you a magic user, dear Nick?" She asks, out of the blue. "Either way, any chances you have a good deed that can be achieved by controlling fire?" Her head then turns over to Dahlia. "Really? What have you seen that could be more impressing than dragons? I am quite curious." She says, leaning just a little bit closer to her, her eyes filled with curiosity.

She looks at Selaana. "Demons. Goddesses with the heads of Lions. Fairies who inhabit coffee cups, Mutated dogs who follow men with Rabbit ears. Zombie Rabbit men, Suits of armor that are animated by the wrath of a mad goddess." Dahlia rubs a patch on her Jacket reading Hellyfino "My friend, he said he was coming this way to look for an archeological site.."

Nick looks to Candy Fairy, grinning. "Well hello there. You can call me Nick. Do you mind?" he raises his white eyebrows, nodding to the plate of baked goods she's holding. He barely waits for a response before choosing the biggest cookie he can find, taking a big bite. "I'm afraid I got caught in the spell of this place while I was flying overhead and rather crashed my sleigh. It's a bit of a disaster, there's so many counting on me. Earlier party guests helped me to fix the physical damage, but it needs to be recharged, you see. And the only thing that really gets it going to good deeds done without expectation of reward." He says this as if it's a very normal thing.

At Raygun's request, he looks around. The Duchess subtly gestures toward the tables that were still set up from the earlier hat making contest, laden with various fabrics, feathers, sequins and sewing supplies. "You could look through the contest supplies, my dear. I'm happy to contribute to the cause," she says.

Nick is nodding to Clover and Dahlia, "Oh yes, these things will most certainly fix my sleigh."

To Selanna: "A magic user? Well... certainly I'm well acquainted with magic. We have an excellent working relationship, you might say," he says with a wink. "Fire, fire fire," he mutters, adjusting his spectacles and looking back down at the sleigh owner's manual to see if he can find anything to do with fire.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus