Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Clove (played anonymously)

"Thank you kindly." They plucked a cookie from the offered selection--a simple chocolate chip cookie--and gave it a sniff. Gods... it smelled divine. They took a bite, humming happily at its taste. They didn't get a chance to partake in sweet things very often, which was a shame. "These are delightful," they told the Candy Fairy, grinning despite themselves.
Ellis (played anonymously)

Floating in fashionably late, Ellis curtseyed prettily to the Duchess and, after a polite 'Hello!', made a beeline for the food tables. They were so intricate and beautiful!
The girl would make herself pretty by twining a fresh rose from a glossy vase into her own shining braids, and find a pastry to munch while she awaited some gentle's notice.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

((Sorry I couldn't stick around to the end, but very happy to be here! Hope to see you folks later!! :D))
Korby Pureheart (played anonymously)

((It's been fun lad.))
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((Oh don't feel bad, this event is SO long, there is no requirement to be here for more than just a bit of it :) ))
((hey, I found this site today. It's a lot like another site I have used in the past)
Selaana Bramir (played by Jence)

Selaana's attention was caught as soon as the Candy Fairy mentioned baked sweets. Her mouth was already salivating at the sight of so many delicacies. "If it's not too much trouble, I would also like to taste one of these. " She says before leaning over and choosing a rather colorful cookie. As soon as she started munching on the delicious cookie, she felt as if she couldn't have enough. Within a few seconds, she had finished the whole thing. "Lords, these are delicious. How did you achieve to make these so... so perfect? You must have a special recipe or ingredient. These are absolutely amazing." She had to stop herself from getting a handful of other ones, or else she would have taken all the batch home.

And now, just cue Korby just being at the table. I guess it's waiting for someone to help. Maybe do a certain task for them? Who knows? This green puffball ain't gonna finish the day without any good deeds done anyway. "Poyo poyo." (Translation: "I wonder if there's anyone who needs help today.")

The Duchess is distracted from the baked goods by the bangin' ukulele solo that Tabetha performs, applauding with genuine appreciation for the display of musical talent. She did so appreciate a big entrance or exit. She does manage to catch notice of Ellis' entrance and to give her a wave, distracted as she is, though!

Nick, the white-bearded man in the red and white suit, closes up his bag of gifts and brings it back over to his now repaired sleigh. "I still need some volunteers to do good deeds for me to get this old thing flying again, of course."

((Hi Afterthestorm! Welcome in. :) This is the final two hours of the winter masquerade event, you can get some info about it so you can join in here: https://www.rprepository.com/community/news/mark-your-calendar-for-the-winter-masquerade-2022 Basically just make an anonymous character so we can be amazed when the event ends and you reveal who played that character))

As Korby looked over to Nick, they knew helping would be a great help towards people. So, they rolled over to Nick. "Poyo. Poyo poyo poyo poyo!" (Translation: "Hey. I heard that you needed help!") Korby said, holding up a smile. The Leaf Mask is still on balanced.
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

((i'm back sorry vanished had to pick up dinner))
"Red Velvet! That sounds amazing, thank you" Cris beamed, eyes twinkling in mutual recognition as she took the offered treat and lifted her mask's muzzle only so lightly to take a bite, before immediately lowering it again. "Why this is divine..." As always, she wanted to add, but she knew the Candy Fairy would stil get it. At Nick's request, she looked up quizzically and folowed him toward the sleigh, almost colliding with Korby as she did so. "Woah, sorry!" she hastened to apologize, reaching out to steady Korby. Then, she turned back to Nick. "Good deeds, hm? So how does it work? You got a list..." a faint chuckle that was disguised as a cough, "... of things to do, or...?"
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Steals a cup of tea that was left on a table and drinks greedily
"I'm glad you like them!" Candy Fairy replied to both Clover and Cris, before turning to Selaana "Years of practice tweaking the recipies" She replied honestly; she'd been in the business for over a decade at this point--plenty of time to get these just right.

At Nick's voice, she turned and did a double-take at the big man in Santa garb complete with sleigh and gift sack; she wasn't expecting someone in costume with everyone else in normal attire save the masks. Still, someone that dedicated to the part would probably also share Santa's love of cookies!

After looking around and making sure no-one else was waiting for a cookie, she walked up to the man. "Hello there." She said "I'm sorry I don't think I was here for your introduction, I only just arrived. Who might you be?" She asked, wondering if he would stay in character or if the outfit was just for fun.
Clove (played anonymously)

They finished off their cookie, taking a cursory glance around the surrounding area, suddenly realizing that it was... quite a bit more magical than back home tended to be. The people were different... they swore the host had pointed ears, and one of the guests partaking of the cookies had horns and a tail. They had to force themselves not to stare too much at Selaana, instead heading over to the sleigh where the older gentleman had requested some help. "If you need assistance, I don't mind lending a hand as well."
Dahlia (played by Afterthestorm04)

She wanders into the Bar, looking around the place. Clearly this is some sort of Inn. Or a bar.
Ellis (played anonymously)

Ellis saw a great little green balloon of a fairy creature poyo by, and looked on with interest. A glorious place! The glimmering rose, the music flowing from cheerful folks, and the hassled and delighted atmosphere. "What a joyous event!" She sighed. It even smelled good. "Hello!" Ellis called to a red dragon let nearby.
Selaana Bramir (played by Jence)

She approaches the white-bearded man, which appearance reminded her of an old fairytale that her mother would tell her as a child. She couldn't quite remember the name her mother would give to this character. Just like a few other people, she walks over to the man who apparently needed help. "A good deed? What sort of good deeds do we have to do?" She asks, before taking another puff off her pipe.
Dahlia (played by Afterthestorm04)

"Hey, Um.... I was supposed to meet someone here. I assume you guys don't know who Athen Pearlheart is? He's a Family friend of mine." She seems to be distracted by something. "I was sent to look for him, He left his mother in a hurry after a fight with someone" She smells something sweet, and her more catlike instincts kick in. "Where the heck is that smell coming from? I would pay for that.."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus