Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » For A Dollar Would You...?

Yaazecsus (played by Leighoflight)

"I rarely get to engage with the creatures I'm related to, sure why not. You MUST show me the rest of your lovely beasties."

For a dollar would you trade me for some more useful currency? what am I supposed to do with this bit of paper?
Eleanor was used to carrying different types of currency around at this point. Not everyone in the galaxy used the same type of money, after all. The scientist pulls her wallet out.

"I can trade you. What kind of currency do you take?"

"This is a tad bit awkward, but for a dollar, would you help me find Elliot? They crawled out while I had a nap, and I'm not sure where they wandered to. I don't want them getting any ideas..."
(Andrew, 3rd Gen)

The soldier blinked in surprise at the oddity of the question - but, then again, who was he to refuse to help? Especially when the request came from a scientist who looked clearly distressed. He nodded sympathethically, she clearly would have explanations to give to her superiors - he could understand the unpleasant situation.

"Alright ma'am, sure! Let's look for Elliot." He knelt, put two fingers in his mouth and let out an elaborated whistle, then clapped his hands. "Elliot! Here, boy! Where have you gone off to? Elliot?" Only then, as if struck by a thought, he looked up at Eleanor. "... uh. Just *what* is Elliot? Dog? Cat? Ferret?" He lowkey HOPED he hadn't just mistook her kid for a pet!

"Alright, for a dollar would you test your luck in the shooting range against me?" He smirked. "I promise I'll go easy on civilians!"
Aquila (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Sure!" Aquila nodded good-naturedly. "I might even do alright at this." Shooting things was one of his skills, after all. He didn't have nearly as much experience (or confidence, for that matter) as most others, but he knew he was at least good enough to, you know, NOT fail miserably.
"For a dollar would you... hm. For a dollar would you perform a song with me?"
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

"I have done some really bad Karaoke before for free, so why not for a dollar?" Nina answered. She then said, "For a dollar, would you jog with me in the rain?"
"I'm always for exercise, even in the rain so of course! For a dollar would you teach my aerobics class?"
"..ddddooollaaarrr.." hissed the tormented voices in Clickjaw's throat. From that same throat, a tendril emerged, inky black and worm-like, and snatched the green-papered bill from Karen's hand. A gulp, and it was gone. However, the real fun was just beginning! "..aaaeeerrroooobbbiccsssssss.." Promises were promises.. even when it was an eldritch monstrosity that'd made one. In a matter of seconds, the Cybervoid manifested tight-fitting, neon-colored sweatbands around Clickjaw's wrists, ankles and forehead, and before it could even get used to the feeling of the cheap fabric scraping against its rotting, peeling skin, upbeat work-out tunes came floating from the void. Mistakes'd been made..

Sadistic as He was, Clickjaw was forced to hold back its desire to eat all the athletic void-women that'd appeared out of thin air to attend this so-called 'aerobics class', swaying off-beat as gracefully as its broken, faltering body allowed it to. In the meantime, the next offer came into being, and it didn't even need to be said out loud..

For a dollar, would you release this cannibalistic beast (that most rightfully wouldn't touch with a ten meter pole) from its misery, and take it home for a post-workout massage?
Messlea ambers (played by Dib2435)

" Um yeah no thanks, I don't want to be rude it's just that I don't really understand what you are saying "

" Okay let's make this interesting, for a dollar would go to the moon and spend the rest of your life there? "
"The moon?" Eleanor scoffs. "Why would I want to live on a barren rock forever when there's so many beautiful planets out there? The moon is pretty to look at from Earth, but living on it for the rest of my life? Absolutely not."

"For a dollar, would you pet a large alien specimen?"
Messlea ambers wrote:
" Um yeah no thanks, I don't want to be rude it's just that I don't really understand what you are saying "

" Okay let's make this interesting, for a dollar would go to the moon and spend the rest of your life there? "

((Don't understand, don't ruin somebody's effort. It's that simple. Wait for somebody that you can understand.))
Churchtuary wrote:
Messlea ambers wrote:

((Don't understand, don't ruin somebody's effort. It's that simple. Wait for somebody that you can understand.))

(( I don't see a problem with Messlea's answer which was basically 'no'. It doesn't "ruin" anybody's effort. What ruins a game like this is someone trying to 'tone-police' it.))
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

Getting back to the game...
Eleanor wrote:
"For a dollar, would you pet a large alien specimen?"

"I would especially if it is cute!" :)

For A Dollar Would You... jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
Dahlia Hawthorne (played by HelpIranoutofideas)

"No, don't like dying."

"For a dollar, would you pretty much restart your life?"
Dawnia wrote:
Churchtuary wrote:
Messlea ambers wrote:

(( I don't see a problem with Messlea's answer which was basically 'no'. It doesn't "ruin" anybody's effort. What ruins a game like this is someone trying to 'tone-police' it.))

Ah yes, it's between quotation marks or asterisks so it is in-character. Classic.
I'm just doing us a favor, you know. Unlike the community at large, I'm not insecure enough I'll hold back upon seeing open disrespect because somebody can't be bothered to read, which roleplaying is all about, mind you, or at least they can't even have the patience to wait for somebody else they can actually reply to.

Frankly, I don't think which of the two is worse.
But 'tone-police' is a new one, I'll have to write this down. :^)
HelpIranoutofideas wrote:

No, don't think I would.
For a dollar would you bungee jump off the Golden Gate Bridge?

Churchtuary wrote:
Ah yes, it's between quotation marks or asterisks so it is in-character. Classic.
For You Churchuary

From IC/OOC Posts Help Article:
How do I make an OOC post?
The easiest way to make sure that your posts are displayed as OOC is to wrap your post with double parenthesis, like this: ((Your post in here))

Being you wrapped your post in double parenthesis, it reads as being OOC. I too wrapped my text in double parenthesis, so it too was OOC. Anyway, that is all I have to say to you about it. Have a Nice Day.
Dawnia wrote:
HelpIranoutofideas wrote:

No, don't think I would.
For a dollar would you bungee jump off the Golden Gate Bridge?

The question actually had Cris look up from her monitor creen, frown slightly and even slightly adjust the mask to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

"... for a dollar."

The next moment, her chair rocked back lightly on its anti-gravs as she gave into a heartfelt gale of laughs. "No, really, it's a fun joke! Why would anyone in their right mind want to bungee jump off a bridge for a dollar? At most, I'd have bungee jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge to escape the police in my pirate days, but that'd actually mean there was a loot-worth-jumping involved, if you get my drift!"

Still chuckling at the nonsense, she shook her head and thought it over. Her eyes glazed back to the monitor, but talks of her pirate days made the thought of going back to boring society papers simply insufferable. She wanted a break! But she couldn't just call herself out... easiest thing would be to just "accidentally" cause a malfunctioning in the computer but - if she did it herself, the Clan would immediately be on her case; it wasn't the first time that she used her proverbial disaster luck with electronics for her own goals, after all--

And then she got an idea. A coffee cup, newly refilled, stood on her desk - perfect. She looked up at the next person and smiled sweetly with her eyes. "For a dollar, would you attempt to juggle this coffee cup without spilling it?"
Tairloth raised an eyebrow at Cris' question. Sure she'd done some inane things for money if needed, but this just absurd for the sake of absurd.

"Absolutely not." She replied. "Or at least not if I would be expected to do cleanup."

Meanwhile her little Pseudodragon Piemyth crawled down and started sniffing at the coffee cup. She didn't seem to be a fan of the smell, but she did curl around the cup for warmth. Tairloth chuckled and turned to the next person.

"For a dollar, would you try to get that cup away from her? Careful, she stings."
Weirdly enough, coffee sounded absolutely divine right now. "So, let me get this straight," he began. "You're giving me MONEY to take a fresh cup of coffee? Sure, why the hell not?"

...The sore he got on his thumb was not worth it.

"For a dollar, would you step into a lion's den?" he asked, all the while rubbing his thumb.
Patches (played by GingerHades)

Patches snatched the dollar from Noah's hand, admiring it's sheen, before placing it in their pocket. "Patches gonna say hi to liiiooons."

A few hours later, after a trip to the nearest zoo, Patches returned, but not in one piece. What used to be their left arm was torn to shreds, said shreds stuffing their pouch so full they could not zip it up completely.

"Ohhh noooo!" Patches suddenly announced, completely unfazed by the fact their arm was in pieces. "Lions don't like huuugs!"

"For oooone dollarrrr," They began, pulling out the same dollar that they had taken. "Will you help fix Patches' arrrm?"
Floof (played by Riik)

"Oh you poor thing, I need no payment for that...! Although..." Floof poked their chin thoughtfully, gaze drifting to the middle distance as a cloudy expression overtook their face. "Does my magic work on animated dolls...?" They shook out of their thoughts. "I-if not, I am still willing to try... though admittedly I'm not so good with a needle..."

"For a dollar, would you... teach me how to sew?" Floof asked. "There has to be a way to do it that even someone as clumsy with a needle as I am can get good, right?"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » For A Dollar Would You...?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus