Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Nervous newbie

I've been procrastinating, putting this little introduction off for far too long, but what do you expect from someone who suffers with alexithymia, lol.

The last time I dared to even attempt braving the roleplay scene was probably over eighteen years back, in the wonderful world of Neopets no less. Recently though, an old friend who I had met on Furc, reached out and gifted me the majority of their characters and designs with the hope that it would encourage me to give creative writing a stab once more.

So here I am, my name is Aiden, I'm in my mid-thirties, spend most of my time gaming and reading. I'm not too sure what I'm expecting from this, but I promise despite my complete lack of social awareness and ability to properly introduce myself that I am excited to be here, albeit a bit anxious, and that I'm itching to get some world building dome and meet new friends.

( Orcus and Osbourne are a work in progress, but I'm still happy to brainstorm and test the waters!)
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or is unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
I totally get the anxiousness, new places can be difficult, but this place is really nice and people are super friendly and helpful! But of course no need to rush into anything!
Hello, welcome to RPR
Hello, welcome to RPR! That’s what I felt like when I joined for the first time too…but everyone in the RPR is very friendly and you’ll soon befriend a lot of nice people, so don’t worry! :)
AK54sxu.gif

Welcome to RP Repository -- a place where there's all walks of people from different backgrounds, neurodivergence, and quirks that gather in a community that we've all come to love. We're easy-going here and kinda slow and steady. It's very diverse and a lot of us hail from ol' Furcadia as well! I hope it ends up being the sort of recupe you need to get back into the writing game!

That was very kind of your friend to be your inspiration like that. I had a friend like that once as well and she was always so inspiring -- she was the reason I took a chance of original character creations outside of my comfort zone. Friends like that are rare. I am definitely going to take a peep at your profile and gander at your characters! Though I don't get to role-play much due to work and the insane life I lead, I certainly love lurkin' about other people's profiles! Hah hah...

Anyhoo, I hope you find what you're looking for here and if you have any questions, curiosities, concerns, or what have you, feel free to reach out to anyone of us. We'll gladly help out where we can! :)
Pleasure to meet you, Welcome to RPR!
The sands look choppy today!
XGAaun6.gif
Hey! Welcome! I'm a huge fan of anthros and fantasy too! I have a few plots themed around one or both of those. Feel free to check those out!
Welcome to our writing community! 📝✨ We're thrilled to have you join us!
*looks up alexithymia* ... @_@ *adds to list of things to ask a professional about*

Anyway, welcome to RPR! We're a pretty chill community. Sure, there's time folks will disagree on something or other, but this is one of few places I've seen that, in addition to having means to block people and such, also has materials and threads focused around helping folks to communicate more effectively and encouraging self-care. :)
Welcome! So glad I am not the only one here who remembers Neopets!. :)
Hiya, nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :3
Welcome to RPR!
hey, welcome to RPR :D
Aya

Welcome to RPR! ♥️
Hello Aiden! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
Welcome to RPR!
Hello! Welcome to RPR!
Welcome to RPR Aiden! Glad you introduced yourself! I think you did a wonderful job, don't sell yourself short! 💕
Welcome!!
Welcome to RPR! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Nervous newbie

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus