Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

I don't know if it's been posted already but...

"Psst... I bet the pizza dragon knows something about the portal."

http://gyazo.com/5cc8d25ad05f59aaa180aee99e522719 Just saw it and I was VERY confused until I checked out this thread.

;w;
"Sometimes the shape of the seal is a clue... And sometimes it's just a shape."
I think we may want secondary lists of possible topics relating to the riddles of the remaining shapes. Like for the dragon one a list of stories that involve knights, elves and green heroes (Whether they be young/inexperienced or actually green). May get this moving faster.
Sanne Moderator

I'm having a lot of fun watching this thread. XD You can do it guys!!
Nikina told me post my clue... So, here.

The Knight flashes a handsome smile.

"Aha, a fellow hero! I hear you've been questing to open the dragon seal. I'll tell you what I've discovered in my own travels. Your first clue is: Green, served his queen, fought the knight.."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has earned 1 accolade, but no more."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has not yet received any kudos."

"Your third clue is: Blocked the light with a dome of death, caged elves."
It seems as if the fawn has been waiting for you. She speaks in a soft voice.

"I know something about the tree seal... But I will only tell what I know to those who are worthy of the forest's secrets. Your first clue is: In the water, something watches it."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone whose birthday is on the 4th of any month."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has given out 50 or more kudos."

"Your third clue is: Notable architecture; would have been featured in the Middle Earth traveler's guide."
Tree seal is done, it was Doors of Durin. That third riddle was quite telling. :D Though it did take me a few tries and a bit of a I'm an idiot moment to get the right wording and place.
Dragonfire Moderator

Awesome! One more down.

It dawned on me that we didn't have a collection of answers to the seals anywheres yet - so here's a recap of the solutions, for those curious:

Wolf seal: Unsolved; two clues known
Moon seal: House Goratrix (World of Darkness)
Unicorn seal: The Faerie Queene (English literature)
Sun seal: Muad'Dib (Dune)
Fairy seal: Navi (The Legend of Zelda)
Dragon seal: Cyan Bloodbane (Dungeons & Dragons)
Lightning seal: Golden Snidget (Harry Potter)
Tree seal: Doors of Durin (Lord of the Rings)
Sword seal: Heigan the Unclean (World of Warcraft)
Mushroom seal: Pauline (Mario vs Donkey Kong series)
Dragonfire wrote:
Awesome! One more down.

It dawned on me that we didn't have a collection of answers to the seals anywheres yet - so here's a recap of the solutions, for those curious:

Wolf seal: Unsolved; two clues known
Moon seal: House Goratrix (World of Darkness)
Unicorn seal: The Faerie Queene (English literature)
Sun seal: ?
Fairy seal: Navi (The Legend of Zelda)
Dragon seal: Unsolved; three clues known
Lightning seal: Golden Snidget (Harry Potter)
Tree seal: Doors of Durin (Lord of the Rings)
Sword seal: Heigan the Unclean (World of Warcraft)
Mushroom seal: Unsolved, guardian not yet located

The Sun Seal answer was Muad'dib ( From Dune!)
Dragonfire Moderator

Strangedisease wrote:
The Sun Seal answer was Muad'dib ( From Dune!)

Aha! Thank you!

I had a feeling Dune was going to be represented here somewhere, but I was totally thinking about another seal for it, hahah.
I hope the mushroom guardian turns out to be a badger.</oldinternetfads>
Vixen

The Knight flashes a handsome smile.

"Aha, a fellow hero! I hear you've been questing to open the dragon seal. I'll tell you what I've discovered in my own travels. Your first clue is: Green, served his queen, fought the knight.."

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has earned 1 accolade, but no more."

"Your second clue is: Twisted forests, minds, kings and countries."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has not yet received any kudos."
mk_97 wrote:
I hope the mushroom guardian turns out to be a badger.</oldinternetfads>
HA! I just went back and watched all of those Weebl videos a week or two ago, for some fun XD
Loren

((Ya know, I get the feeling the dragon seal has something to do with camelot...the green, served his queen, fought the knight part...could be talking about Lancelot. Or Arthur. Or Mordred, cause he DID serve Gwinevere AND Morgana. Hmm. There's also the twisted minds, which is generally on the evil side of the Camelot lore...

Anyone has any idea about the caged elves XD ? ))
Loren

((Actually, now that I think of it...

- Blocked the light with a dome of death, caged elves...can't it be talking about the Drow, maybe?
Loren wrote:
((Ya know, I get the feeling the dragon seal has something to do with camelot...the green, served his queen, fought the knight part...could be talking about Lancelot. Or Arthur. Or Mordred, cause he DID serve Gwinevere AND Morgana. Hmm. There's also the twisted minds, which is generally on the evil side of the Camelot lore...

Anyone has any idea about the caged elves XD ? ))

It's not lancelot. I've tried him. Caged elves, I don't recognise from any of my readings but Bredbeedle is the Green Knight and that wasn't the answer, neither was oh I can't remember how to spell it. x.x It was another name for Bredbeedle. Might try Mordred if ya think that's it. :)
I was thinking this too Loren about the Camelot Lore. I've tried several key words though and no such luck as of yet. XD
Loren

I tried Mordred, didn't work. Actually, there are no elves in Camelot lore, so maybe we can exclude it? :/ I'm thinking about the Forgotten Realms' Drow. Didn't they get banished underground by a dragon or a demon? (And I only read the first trilogy of those books, a couple of months ago. So I'm ..I'm not sure.) I don't think it would serve a queen, though... bother.

Ooh, ooh, and :

first clue: Banished Word.
second clue is: Mage taught you words

Maybe the Earthsea cycle? (And I also read those books once, a year ago...)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I am so tickled to see you guys starting srs debate. <3
Kytsora wrote:
On another note, did anyone think to just post the links to the guardians? I know it would make it too easy for those, but at the same time it would probably have made finding them that much easier after the clues had been posted so someone could try their hand at unlocking the right clues.

From the starting post:
Kim wrote:
This is a group game! It is designed to be played as a community. There are no rules against discussing the locations of the guardians, sharing their clues, or debating what those clues mean amongst yourselves. If you are lucky and clever enough to find the answer and unlock a seal, feel free to tell the group what the answer was. Unite and conquer!
(emphasis added)

So for those worried about cheating, posting directions to the guardians and/or links is kosher.
Loren wrote:
I tried Mordred, didn't work. Actually, there are no elves in Camelot lore, so maybe we can exclude it? :/ I'm thinking about the Forgotten Realms' Drow. Didn't they get banished underground by a dragon or a demon? (And I only read the first trilogy of those books, a couple of months ago. So I'm ..I'm not sure.) I don't think it would serve a queen, though... bother.

Ooh, ooh, and :

first clue: Banished Word.
second clue is: Mage taught you words

Maybe the Earthsea cycle? (And I also read those books once, a year ago...)

So many books with elves. But twisted forests, minds, kings and countries it gets harder, dragon seal I'm not sure if the shape is just a shape or another hint.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus