Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Chris_Pike

"I think the Centurion's first clue is an anagram."

"Maybe you should try using the konami cheat code."
Dragonfire Moderator

Loren wrote:
second clue is: Mage taught you words

It looks like part of that clue got cut off somewheres! Degu said it was "Mage taught you words and healing", if the healing part makes anything clearer to anyone.

Hrrrm. I'm almost thinking we need to take a closer look at the shapes of the seals, too. They all seem connected, somehow, to their subject material. So our green one fighting the knight and being tied to twists and elves also has something to do with dragons, maybe. And likewise, the wolf might have something to do with our banished words and mage-taught healer.
Dragonfire wrote:
Loren wrote:

It looks like part of that clue got cut off somewheres! Degu said it was "Mage taught you words and healing", if the healing part makes anything clearer to anyone.

Hrrrm. I'm almost thinking we need to take a closer look at the shapes of the seals, too. They all seem connected, somehow, to their subject material. So our green one fighting the knight and being tied to twists and elves also has something to do with dragons, maybe. And likewise, the wolf might have something to do with our banished words and mage-taught healer.

Yeah the wolf seal could be a werewolf if they are speaking of any of the TES games as someone has thought before. But my big confusion is over banished word, is it meaning that we have to figure out what the word is? I have no further real thoughts on the other suggestion cause I don't know that series of books.
HRA

Lorvilran wrote:
Dragonfire wrote:
Loren wrote:

Yeah the wolf seal could be a werewolf if they are speaking of any of the TES games as someone has thought before. But my big confusion is over banished word, is it meaning that we have to figure out what the word is? I have no further real thoughts on the other suggestion cause I don't know that series of books.

I remembered something, but what about Wolfsbane? It's a type of plant that can be used for healing. I looked it up and it was used in the TV series Merlin which does have a dragon in it, and magic is banned? Legend also has it that Wolfsbane can make you into a werewolf when it blooms.
Loren

Really? Ah...I saw all the clues at the beggining of this forum :) at the list, it means. Hmm, the healing part was missing.

Wait...AHA! I might have found something interesting. Check this out...

Edit: Bercilak didn't work -.-
Dragonfire Moderator

Banished Word is an anagram, huh? Hrrrrm!

Oho! I just got this from a helpful centaur:
"If you ask me, select and start are overrated."

No doubt to do with our Konami code hint, hehe.
Loren

HRA wrote:
Lorvilran wrote:
Dragonfire wrote:
Loren wrote:

I remembered something, but what about Wolfsbane? It's a type of plant that can be used for healing. I looked it up and it was used in the TV series Merlin which does have a dragon in it, and magic is banned? Legend also has it that Wolfsbane can make you into a werewolf when it blooms.

I'm a bit unsure about Merlin...in the show, he tought himself, and he didn't properly teach anyone magic. I suppose.
HRA

I may be mixing clues up, but a Dragon DID teach him magic...
Chris_Pike wrote:
"I think the Centurion's first clue is an anagram."
Anagram generators might be good, then. Unfortunately, so far, all of these but Navi have been beyond my knowledge of things, so when I saw the list... I had no idea what to look for. >.<
Dragonfire Moderator

Ahaaaaa! Got it! Search for "up up down down left right left right b a", and you get:
Quote:
The princess smiles softly at you.

"Oh brave adventurer, are you here to unlock the secrets of the mushroom seal?"

She tosses her hair, and gives you a haughty look. "This is your first clue: Your princess is in another castle.

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has made more than 50 posts in the introduction forum."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has given out 20 or more kudos, but less than 50.
HRA

Dragonfire wrote:
Ahaaaaa! Got it! Search for "up up down down left right left right b a", and you get:
Quote:

She tosses her hair, and gives you a haughty look. "This is your first clue: Your princess is in another castle.

"I can only reveal the second clue to someone who has made more than 50 posts in the introduction forum."

"I can only reveal the third clue to someone who has given out 20 or more kudos, but less than 50.

Mario, perhaps? Or related to Mario?
Maybe legend of zelda, then...
Dragonfire Moderator

We've already had a Legend of Zelda one - Navi was the answer to the Fairy seal. I don't think there'd be double-ups on the clues.

I tried a few variations of Mario-related things, though, but nothing so far. We need to find someone who's been an active greeter or kudo-giver. :3
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Loren wrote:
I'm a bit unsure about Merlin...in the show, he tought himself, and he didn't properly teach anyone magic. I suppose.

Which show, though? There are dozens and dozens of movies, books, poems, comics, TV shows and legends with Merlin as their main character.
Dragonfire wrote:
Quote:

I kinda wonder if this has to do with the Mario games? Mushrooms and princesses and all xD
Dragonfire wrote:
Quote:

Ffff... I tried that, but I had a and b backwards...

"Your second clue is: They dated once, but now they are just friends."
Loren

HRA wrote:

Yeah, but the dragon isn't a mage.
Kim wrote:
Which show, though? There are dozens and dozens of movies, books, poems, comics, short films and legends with Merlin as their main character.

I meant the tv show that HRA mentioned, when he said Wolfsbane.
HRA

Loren wrote:
HRA wrote:

Kim wrote:
Which show, though? There are dozens and dozens of movies, books, poems, comics, short films and legends with Merlin as their main character.

No, but Merlin is, and magic is banned under pain of death.

Novalyyn, reminds me of that cover YFM did for "Somebody that I used to know".
HRA wrote:
Loren wrote:
HRA wrote:

Kim wrote:

No, but Merlin is, and magic is banned under pain of death.

Novalyyn, reminds me of that cover YFM did for "Somebody that I used to know".

I thought that the doctor to the king taught merlin, having once used magic himself.
HRA

Dragon did, but in secret.
Loren

Hmmm...tried Gaius, didn't work.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Official portal thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus