Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2015

MadRatBird wrote:
adoptttt_by_madratbird-d8sx5kc.png

DONE!

Love it!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

OMG Heimdall I've been waiting since you messaged me months back to find out what the thing was that prompted you to ask "how big is too big?" XD And then I was starting to get nervous that you'd changed your mind and wouldn't enter this year. I am floored. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was not this. Thing of beauty!
Highjinx wrote:
And, I'm done :3

Oh wow yes the shading adds a ton of punch!
kuroi_neko wrote:
I finally finished mine! She is a fae, so I would probably put her in that category.

I wish she were wearing a bikini or something so she weren't a sneeze away from disaster, but she is definitely cute and sure does fit the fae bill!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Kim wrote:
OMG Heimdall I've been waiting since you messaged me months back to find out what the thing was that prompted you to ask "how big is too big?" XD And then I was starting to get nervous that you'd changed your mind and wouldn't enter this year. I am floored. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was not this. Thing of beauty!

Ahhh, thank you Kim! :D I restarted and backtracked many times and disliked this pic for most of the time I worked on it, but... now I'm pleased with it, haha! (Originally I was considering a big, fat, roly-poly dragon though! ;))
Holy crap, Heimdall! You totally outdid yourself this year! :O
Goo

What's this? Did somebody call for a unicorn? No? Well TOO BAD.

unicornthang_zpse54dl8dd.jpg

WIP, obviously, but it's getting there!
Tate

Goo wrote:

HELLO SPECKLEBUTT, YOU BEAUTIFUL THING YOU

Whoa!!

Also, it is FASCINATING to see the WIPs. People work in amazingly different ways.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Goo wrote:

I want those harem-pants....Badly... ☻_☻
Ilmarinen Moderator

Goo wrote:

Five cheers for Goo-arts!!
Omg I vote Heimdall's be enormous and all the other characters be using it like an island. Yep.

Heimdall wrote:

O hey! I was not expecting this. I have learned much. :O

I am not sure how it made the swap from rune golem to geode golem, but I approve! I actually think getting the text on the chest of something so big to be visible behind the other critters in the pic (likely smaller and therefore in front of) would have been a huge challenge.
Heimdall wrote:
I'm finally done! Normally I draw barbarians or warriors but I decided to try something different. So here's my entry for fantasy or creatures: an amethyst geode golem. :) Full size here.

rprgolem_halfsize.png

OMG, The Detail Doe =0 I love It so Much! <3
Goo

Hanging onto the full-size, transparent background'd version just in case, but Specklebutt is finished!

specklebutt_copy_by_guttergoo-d8udr9p.png
(Click-through to dA!)

Representin' the UNICORN Anthro category!
I'm so nervous! Everyone seems to have crazy, expensive software like Photoshop (I'm so poor T_T)

Anyway I thought I'd give it a go ^^;

This is my Cyberpunk dragon, or at least my dragon character trying to be Cyberpunk.

Watch! She doesn't look as if she can handle that gun very well! XD (Don't ask me how she got the rest of her tail fluff in the costume ^^;)

My Entry
I will be submitting mine tomorrow - pushing it to the absolute last minute I can as always XD

Goo wrote:
Hanging onto the full-size, transparent background'd version just in case, but Specklebutt is finished!

specklebutt_copy_by_guttergoo-d8udr9p.png

Representin' the UNICORN Anthro category!

She looks gorgeous!! Can you PM me the link to her transparent background version?

moonlit-serenade wrote:
I'm so nervous! Everyone seems to have crazy, expensive software like Photoshop (I'm so poor T_T)

Anyway I thought I'd give it a go ^^;

This is my Cyberpunk dragon, or at least my dragon character trying to be Cyberpunk.

Watch! She doesn't look as if she can handle that gun very well! XD (Don't ask me how she got the rest of her tail fluff in the costume ^^;)

My Entry

Not necessarily! We have had plenty of winning entries done in GIMP and other free art programs. :)

Is this one of your characters in costume?
Ahh I just use SAI you see, it was such a pain to get the background transparent ^^;

And it's pretty much the outfit she is wearing, she's actually a program or an AI on a computer, its normally the person who made her who holds the gun ^^;

moonlit-serenade wrote:
Ahh I just use SAI you see, it was such a pain to get the background transparent ^^;

And it's pretty much the outfit she is wearing, she's actually a program or an AI on a computer, its normally the person who made her who holds the gun ^^;

Unfortunately, entries into this contest need to be characters made for this contest, not existing characters that you've played in the past. :(

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2015

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus