Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2015

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Moki wrote:
I will be submitting mine tomorrow - pushing it to the absolute last minute I can as always XD

I BELIEVE IN YOU. GO GO GO XD
Tate

Kim wrote:
moonlit-serenade wrote:
Ahh I just use SAI you see, it was such a pain to get the background transparent ^^;

And it's pretty much the outfit she is wearing, she's actually a program or an AI on a computer, its normally the person who made her who holds the gun ^^;

Unfortunately, entries into this contest need to be characters made for this contest, not existing characters that you've played in the past. :(

I use sai! If you're having a hard time getting a transparent background, are you using an older version? Try getting the newest version and making sure your brushes for colouring int he character itself and doing the lines are not set to low opacity.
I'm not sure, I just bought it last year ^^; And yay! I have a friend! XD
Kim wrote:
moonlit-serenade wrote:
Ahh I just use SAI you see, it was such a pain to get the background transparent ^^;

And it's pretty much the outfit she is wearing, she's actually a program or an AI on a computer, its normally the person who made her who holds the gun ^^;

Unfortunately, entries into this contest need to be characters made for this contest, not existing characters that you've played in the past. :(

Oh and I don't play, I write them. But I completely understand if its anything to do with copyright or something.
Tate wrote:
Kim wrote:
moonlit-serenade wrote:

I use sai! If you're having a hard time getting a transparent background, are you using an older version? Try getting the newest version and making sure your brushes for colouring int he character itself and doing the lines are not set to low opacity.
moonlit-serenade wrote:
I'm not sure, I just bought it last year ^^; And yay! I have a friend! XD

This was meant for you, I don't post in the forums as much ^^;
Can Wizard finish a wizard in Time to meet the deadline? We just don't know!
Tate

Wizard wrote:
Can Wizard finish a wizard in Time to meet the deadline? We just don't know!

Please do. Last year's looks lonesome.
Sanne Moderator

I present to yooouuuu: Kitty Tibby! (Feral RP category)

cn4M6e6.png

And a flipped version with the correct RPR tag on her tail!

hpq5006.png

Tibby is an RPR rescue kitty who was wounded during this year's Goblin attack. Oh no! She was rushed to Sanne's Cat Sanctuary and nursed back to health. Tibby has one peculiar... problem, though. She likes to randomly turn into a tiny dragon that steals socks! It really frightens my other kitties so I'm hoping she can be rehomed with the other mascots to provide purrs and warmth. <3 (Mind your socks though...)

Although that image is indeed cute, the backstory is my favorite part. Also, very clever providing a flipped version!

In more general news...

It's the final countdown! About 15 hours left! :D
Goat

There are some really stunning entries so far. I can't wait to see what these last few hours round in 8D Come on, guys! <3

I'd like to suggest a new mascot category this year, in my personal favorite genre for writing and character design: HORROR

ghostfinal.png
CrimsonKnight212

Soooo.....NOT an artist, and I tried the shading and it did NOT work, buuuut.....here's my entry :P

Totally just for fun, since I know it's nowhere near the quality of all the other entries haha

2gudzie.jpg
d0e70330f13e8416f32fa36bbf7229b8.png Last sneak peek of progress. She's just about done with highlights!
Because I am queen of last minute, I decided to get going on this today xD A few hours later I have this wonderful space lobster. He is a rorbster, a sentient race of lobster aliens tasked with being a centurion force in the sea cosmos. He heard of our recent invasion issues here at RPR from the hallowed space squid and prayed to the mantis shrimp on high for the strength to travel here and offer his help. He hopes he can be of service.

tumblr_novnh3ud8L1qci0wdo1_1280.png
Oh anD I guess he goes in sci-fi?
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
tumblr_novnh3ud8L1qci0wdo1_1280.png

This is disturbing and yet really cool at the same time.

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Because I am queen of last minute, I decided to get going on this today xD A few hours later I have this wonderful space lobster. He is a rorbster, a sentient race of lobster aliens tasked with being a centurion force in the sea cosmos. He heard of our recent invasion issues here at RPR from the hallowed space squid and prayed to the mantis shrimp on high for the strength to travel here and offer his help. He hopes he can be of service.

I adore that this follows up on your space squid, complete with backstory!

Goat wrote:
There are some really stunning entries so far. I can't wait to see what these last few hours round in 8D Come on, guys! <3

I'd like to suggest a new mascot category this year, in my personal favorite genre for writing and character design: HORROR

Oh man yes Horror is absolutely a valid genre! I am so glad you decided to do a write-in category, if you will. Plus, horror is hard to do convincingly and still be G-rated, but you got there!

CrimsonKnight212 wrote:
Soooo.....NOT an artist, and I tried the shading and it did NOT work, buuuut.....here's my entry :P

Totally just for fun, since I know it's nowhere near the quality of all the other entries haha

She is beautiful! :)
I started a sketch in April and forgot all about it until a couple hours ago. Were we in a piratey mood back then? Here's hoping I haven't fallen behind the times.

Epic_week_2.png

Best of luck to everyone!
rprcollab_by_shadowskiss-d8unfuv.png

IT IS DONE!!!
HUGE kudos to RevanStar for doing such an awesome job on the fur!!
And HUGE Kudos to weird0freak For getting that fur started!!
I couldn't have done this without them :D

No signature version: http://sta.sh/01dpnktnj6zd

EDIT: Oh and I suppose the category.... Creatures or Fantasy? Not sure which

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2015

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus