Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2015

Seems like a lot of superheroes this year!
Novalyyn wrote:
Seems like a lot of superheroes this year!
I was just thinking that, I may have to submit some more art just to add variety! X'D
Ah! These are all so cool, I love this contest!

I adore your demon design Sasheth, keep up the good work everyone! :D
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Epicsnail wrote:
dvlF8V2.png

Here to drink milk and save the day.
And he's all out of milk.

http://i.imgur.com/lhhsMKa.jpg

Adorable!!

Sasheth wrote:
reptilian%20alien_zps3vyhiwma.png

Still a work in progress, but being the attentionwhore I am I just have to show it off a bit now. ^w^
And it's great to see all these drawings comming in! People on rpr truly are a talented bunch!☻•☻

Impressive start! :D

MugoUrth wrote:
I might join, but... I don't have a good program for Digital art. I can draw something on paper, but that's about it. Would it still be eligible?

Pieces must be presented on a transparent background. The first post in this thread details all the rules and answers questions like this. :)
Halothane wrote:
I just drove an eight hour round trip to the nearest city to watch The Avengers - so I had to go with a superhero! :D

ICPUqz9.png

(And the high res version!)

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

I NEED To see this on the login screen for 2015!
Loki wrote:
Ah! These are all so cool, I love this contest!

I adore your demon design Sasheth, keep up the good work everyone! :D

I know! The rpr community just never ceases to amaze me!

And thanks sweety! I was originally going for some sort of space-punk furry thingie, but I guess I got a bit off track. XD
Kim wrote:
Sasheth wrote:
reptilian%20alien_zps3vyhiwma.png

Still a work in progress, but being the attentionwhore I am I just have to show it off a bit now. ^w^
And it's great to see all these drawings comming in! People on rpr truly are a talented bunch!☻•☻

Impressive start! :D

Thankies! >w<
HwoThumb

Okay, this isn't as impressive as some of the other work here, but I kinda like how this guy turned out. I guess it's my submission for the mutants category.

Ym9Asea.png

It might look better if shrunk :P

Edit: Ew, I just noticed the shading leaking out of the lines. I'll have to clean that up if I make revisions.
MugoUrth wrote:
I might join, but... I don't have a good program for Digital art. I can draw something on paper, but that's about it. Would it still be eligible?

gimp.org
HibariHaru

So here's my submission. I tried my best. Hope it's okay. :)

Character Name: Nasha (Cyborg)
Genre: Sci-fi

nasha_by_hibariharo-d8s02nx.png

Here's the High Resolution Ver.

HwoThumb wrote:
Okay, this isn't as impressive as some of the other work here, but I kinda like how this guy turned out. I guess it's my submission for the mutants category.

Ym9Asea.png

It might look better if shrunk :P

Edit: Ew, I just noticed the shading leaking out of the lines. I'll have to clean that up if I make revisions.

It's like a roach decided it was fed up with its bad reputation and was going to change minds and hearts... through FASHION. I think you have invented a Pixar movie here! XD Too cute!
Old3jK2.png

My attempt at the mutant genre, though I was kinda gearing it toward horror.
Link: http://i.imgur.com/Old3jK2.png
Here's my entry for the mascot creatures genre! Lots of LOVELY work so far.

sOMdGr0.png

Full Res Here

Some beautiful (and spooky) creatures are starting to populate this thread! :D
Degu wrote:
Here's my entry for the mascot creatures genre! Lots of LOVELY work so far.

sOMdGr0.png

Full Res Here

Ahhh!! I was going to do a cute Griffin similar to this last year! Mine was gonna be hummingbird though! I love this :D
Tate

Dani, aka Zooophagous on tumblr, and I collaborated this year on our entry! We hope you enjoy our VanGough the Peryton (a deer and a bird, or a caribou in our case)! Click for a larger version. Fantasy/Creatures category.

SDVzh2i.png

And, as it was a collaboration, I'd like to post the sketch - Dani's contribution.

rA2VA9B.jpg

From some of the WIPs I've seen (a lot of them not yet posted here), I'm excited to see the end result. c:
Auugh I love these so much!! I can't wait for my collaboration partner to finish on ours :D :D :D
Moki wrote:
Auugh I love these so much!! I can't wait for my collaboration partner to finish on ours :D :D :D

Wouldn't a collaboration conflict with the first rule of this contest? I'm just wondering because a friend of mine want to submit something but needs help.

In the past I have allowed two person collaborations if they get pre-approval BEFORE entering.

They need to do the following things:
  • Declare their intent to collaborate by PMing me, with both of the collaborants included on the conversation recipient list. This means both team members need to be members of the RPR.
  • Explain who is doing what in this collaboration. ("Person A is sketching, person B will color.")
  • Submit a WRITTEN PLAN for how prizes should be distributed and exactly what they plan to do with them, should they win any. This needs to include details for both the Hourglass of Epicness that all winning entries earn, and other possibilities that could be won in the raffle. For example, you might write...

"If we win, we would want the hourglass sent to Person A. Person A will use it once, then send the remaining use to Person B. Any further digital prizes should be sent to Person B if we get any. If we win a physical prize like a tote bag, Person B cedes any claim to those, they should be sent to Person A at 12345 SW Main st..."

Another example:

"We plan to use the Hourglass of Epicness on our Group, Group Y. Neither Person A or Person B will use any part of the Hourglass. Send it directly to Group Y. Any other prizes we might win will be raffled off to our group members, so they can also go to our group treasury. We wish to decline any physical prizes."
  • Wait to receive a reply approving their plan before going forward with the collaboration.

Tate & partner did all this. Awesome entry, by the by, you guys!

I apologize that I forgot to add these instructions to the first post. Luckily there's still a month to go, so I'll add this now. :)
Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE what people have already submitted? They're gorgeous!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2015

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus