Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Have you ever RP'd with yourself?

I have had two characters I actively play, meet up and rp with one another when there was a third or fourth person with us.
I've had two of my characters meet up when someone else was involved but I've also RPed with myself. OH THE LONLINESS! lmao
Mm, I've had multiple characters in a game with others who sometimes interacted... And I've posted multiple times in a row when trying to bring attention to a thread... And I've just plain written stories... But I've never outright just RP'd with myself.
Rogue-Scribe

ThatAndalite wrote:

Questions:
- Has anyone ever role-played with themselves?
- How many times have you RP'd with yourself?
- How often?
- Do you do it when no-one's around to RP with you, or otherwise?
- Did you mistake yourself for someone else?

- Has anyone ever role-played with themselves?
Yes, many times.

- How many times have you RP'd with yourself?
Countless

- How often?
Times uncounted

- Do you do it when no-one's around to RP with you, or otherwise?
Usually otherwise. I always RP with my partner in our epic tales we write together. I do tend to write a lot myself and also when people line-out on me in the middle of an RP I usually write a close to it.

- Did you mistake yourself for someone else?
All the time... gotta keep those characters straight in my head...
JetStorm

I Role-played with myself a lot,....usually if my friends are offline....
Since I was 8. It's not even on a forum. It's pretend play. I wouldn't play as myself, but as multiple characters fighting with each other at once.

-How many times have you RP'd with yourself? I can't count, but I still do it.

-How often? I don't really know, but it's often I can tell you that.

-Do you do it when no-one's around to RP with you, or otherwise? Yes, by myself. My family doesn't care, but it's still embarrassing.

-Did you mistake yourself for someone else? No? I don't understand.
I actually havent--would it be fun? :)
ehh rping with yourself? Maybe? Im not sure but id come off as crazy. Kek. But it is sometimes needed
I did this a number of times years ago back when I was on MUCK (I forget the exact meaning of the letters. It's a world for rping and there are or were many of them). The MUCK I was a part of was based off a book series so the all the characters had to fit the setting and follow the same set of rules. I did end up rping with two people regularly on there and we had our little group sessions in a far removed part of the map (each section of the game was a 'room' and each room could only see and talk to people in that room publicly. Anyone could pm another from wherever). Because I was new, because I'd seen others do the same and there weren't a lot of other characters in our group I made a second character to add to our number and there were times when they would talk to each other and one plot involved a side story of the two together without the other characters so I was rping with myself then as well. The characters is question were William and Amethyst Tazan my rat couple who I have yet to use on here or anywhere outside their native world so far. At one point they had a kid and I was playing all three off each other and with other characters, but keeping track of them all was tricky as the game in question required me to have a separate tab open for each character to reply in. The group I was in drifted apart and our old character mostly were retired - one player had his character die of old age after a long absence (the game encouraged having characters age and change over time so this was a normal part of the game's setting for characters to be born, grow up and die - often having the player continue with the character's child or other related character if they wanted.)
Wooohoo another Animorphs fan!! :D Hi Andalite! ^_^

RP'ed with myself.... a couple times actually. Once because I was really invested in the story between two characters, and one of them was adoptable and no one wanted to play him, so I literally made a spoof account to have them at least get to their love declaration. I'm a sucker for romance X'D

Another time was when I was GM of a rather large RP with a ton of characters and many were NPCs or adoptables, so I often had to juggle them in multiple posts and ended up having I forgot how many chars to write for, often interacting between themselves as well as with other PCs. It was an amazing experience but I don't know how I managed to juggle it all X'D
Pretty sure roleplaying with yourself is just called wring a story (and by extension a book or other novella.)
Other than pretend games when I was a kid, I occasionally do this thing where I write a dialogue on paper between two characters. It can be a casual conversation, maybe beginning with a phrase stuck in my head, or even just something like, "hey, why are we talking to each other in this notebook/word document" or whatever. No dialogue tags or descriptions, just a paragraph break with each new person, as if they were in a chatroom. It sounds very silly and never goes very far, but it's a good way to practice character voice without the pressure of coming up with a whole plot.

This second one isn't quite as similar to RP as the first example, but: One of my friends is currently too busy to RP, but we still like to talk about each other's characters and share memes/drawings/what have you. So sometimes I'd write short "fanfics" of our characters' shenanigans to bide my time (as long as I knew they were comfortable with me using their characters), and that was essentially like roleplaying with myself—heck, you could even call it "godmodding with permission". Those fics were only shared between our circle of friends for fun (with the exception of some because of spoilers), but on a few occasions we ended up workshopping some of the ideas and turning them into proper RPs during the few times she was free. c':
ChebaTheBee

I have rp-ed with myself when playing games before, one of them being a horse game I play here and there.

-How many times have you RP'd with yourself?

That I'm not sure, because I didn't exactly follow but basically not much.

-How often?

It was a pretty rare thing for me and I think last time I tried was last December?

-Do you do it when no-one's around to RP with you, or otherwise?

I rp-ed with myself out of boredom and when no one was around to hear me. However, one time one of my parents caught me roleplaying while playing that said horse game outloud so I really wanted to retract my head into my shoulders from embarrassment.

-Did you mistake yourself for someone else?
Nope.
CheshireMitsu

yeah, ive roleplayed with myself sometimes *out of extreme boredom*
actually, one of those times was today lol, its on this website Rolechat thats pretty much roleplay Omegle. i was going through the impossible feat of trying to find someone thats not gonna just leave before i have a chance to read thier names. doing it both my characters were connected for a roleplay, so i just had them have a little short convo for some fun ^^
also in real roleplays, if two of my characters know each other or whoever one of them are roleplaying with know each other, then ill plan what my character thats not with the two would do if they were with them, in case he has to be put with them for plot reasons

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Have you ever RP'd with yourself?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus