Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Heartless City

The Black Swan was what you would call, a classy pub. It was on the border of the rough side of the city, but still welcomed all manner of person in from off the stret. The waiters and waitresses were well groomed and dressed, friendly, and quick to please. Besides the large sitting area, there were two off to the side rooms on the left or right side. Here people gathered in the booths, or sat alone to think to themselves. A rather nice looking young man was behind the bar, polishing the redwood surface, and greeting those who sat there with a smile.
Agana (played by ChaosTheMew)

A blood red haired woman who wore a plain black short sleeved shirt and dark blue jean shorts pushed the door of The Black Swan open.She walked in and sat at the bar where the young man sat.She looked at him with her purple eyes.After watching him for a few seconds she closed her eyes,put her elbows on the bar in front of her and rested her head on her hands.She knew a few people were staring at her blood red hair but she ignored them.
Lucia Jarious VanDrayle (played by Drayle88) Topic Starter

The young man smiled at her as she sat down, and after she was comfortable he asked what she would have to drink. "Unless you're seeking something other than spirits, then you'll have to be a bit more specific." He was good nature, and had seen all sorts come through this way. A redder than most headed woman was hardly a surprise to him.

The red haired woman looked up,a little startled that someone was talking to her."I'm not looking for anything.I'm just trying to calm down."She looked at the man."I got in a fight with someone and I got so angry I almost beat him to death."

The bartender raised an eyebrow, nodding sagely. "Ahh... I see. Been there a couple times myself. Then I opened a bar." He chuckled good naturally and poured a glass.

"Here, a little something on the house." He pushed the amber liquid towards her and went back to wiping the counter.

"Want to talk about it? Sometimes it helps."

The red haired woman took the glass and took a small swallow then put it back down."Thanks."She went silent for a few seconds."The guy came up to me and made fun of my hair and eyes.I ignored him at first but he must have saw that it sorta ticked me off so he said something about my father."She leaned back slightly and looked at the bartender."That's when we started to fight.From what I heard when I finally got myself under control a little bit after the fight,it took six guys to get me from killing the guy."

THe bartender listened, nodding a bit here and there and she spoke. When she was done he turned, made a motion for another to take his place, and he pulled a bottle out from behind the counter and poured himself a drink. He sat down, across form the woman, and sipped from his glass.

"People these days are surprisingly short sighted. They tend to be prejudice for no reason."

The red haired woman smiled."Hard not to agree with you."She looked at her hands."Thing is,I shouldn't have been even close to killing him.I have enough training to help me control myself."She took another small sip from her own glass."I don't know what got over me."

"Training?" He asked curiously.

The woman looked up."Yeah."She laughed slightly."I may not look like it, but I'm actually a swordsman."

"Ah." He said, as if that explained everything. He finished his drink and slid the glass away. "At any rate, don't let some thug off the street mess with you. People who throw stones should at least put up a fight." He pushed himself up and made a motion behind her.

"Feel free to drop by should you need another drink or an ear to listen. In the mean time... If you're interested in training you might consider the young man in the back booth. I hear he's good with a sword."

"Guess I could."The red haired woman gulped down the rest of her drink and stood up."Thanks."She said as she headed for the booth the man talked about.

THe east side was a longish room, with booths on either side. most were empty, save for the occasional one reading a paper, or having a quiet conversation with another patron. In the far back however, there was a young man.

He looked to be early 20's, thick black hair and skin that made him look almost boyish. He was leaned back in his seat, hands behind his head, and eyes closed.

The woman approached booth and saw the man."Excuse me?"She said as she tried to make it seem like she wasn't nervous.

The man opened his eyes, and the startling golden hue stared at her for a moment. They looked like sun bursts, with flecks of silver around the edge of the gold.

"May I help you?" Young voice too... was he really a swordsman? If anything his eyes looked more odd than hers.

She looked to the side to avoid his eyes as she felt heat come to her cheeks."One of the bartenders said you were a swordsman.I was wondering if you could help with my training."She looked at him then looked away again.

The young man tilted his head for a moment then shrugged.

"I don't know... a shy girl like you doesn't look like much of a fighter..." He remained in his relaxed position, but did not pointedly ignore her.

"I'm only shy around men.Besides I'm a good swordsman.My teacher wouldn't have made me a fighter if I wasn't one."She looked him directly in the face,anger bubbling up inside her.She closed her eyes against the mounting anger and took a few deep breaths to calm herself.

"And I can already tell you're a good fighter. Self control is something few fighters have." He sat up, smiled, and gestured to the seat across from him in the booth.

"Please. Sit. And I apologize for the remark, but I have to make sure you were worth the time."

His overall attitude had changed completely. He was more... something.

The woman sat down across from the man.She looked at him with her purple eyes."Who are you?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Heartless City

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus