Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

[I will be giving the rules a heavy update over the next few days. Please do read them through carefully! I hate to do this but will be harder on broken rules in the future, at the very least till the confusion is cleared up.

Until then, try your best to be clear in what is happening to your character, what do they do? where are they? what changes from before the post till the end of the post? This does not have to be an OOC note.

For those on break, I am sorry it all got so messy so sudden. I will do my best to get this cleared up so you do not feel like this is wasted. I hope to see you all back soon!

If anyone have any interest in helping me with lore in the future, please send me a PM! I have come to the conclusion I simply cannot keep up with it by myself, and would like someone to discuss matters with to get a deeper more interesting lore that you as the players may even enjoy!]
[Leaving the forest and in the tavern now]

Tybalt enters the tavern, he has come to a realization that it's not the human he should be trying to persuade but the werewolf instead. Sitting at a table waiting for him is Wallace who chomps down on a whole chicken within ten seconds, bones and all. Tybalt sits at the table with him.
"Nice to see you Wallace..."
Wallace continues gobbling up the poultry.
"I think we have a new employer my friend, do you see that canine girl. Yes her Wallace, she seems like she knows good service when she sees it."
Frog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

[In the tavern.]

Frog's hands drew themselves around Nina's shoulders, her cold embrace followed by the words, "Someone has been released. They come this way and will not allow your rest. And you need your rest." Her dark digits draw themselves along the femme's shoulders until they drift away. Nina's hand faltered, dropping the fork onto her plate with the meat half-eaten, her hand lifting up to wave in front of her mask as if it wasn’t there, “It could be. You’ll learn that I’m never the burden, but...I need a nap.” She yawned again, before she slowly pushed her plate away from her and crossed her arms under her, laying her masked cheek down.

Off to the side, her masked face became impossibly dark and blurred, the features of the mask vanishing for a moment before becoming tangible again. After a moment, Nina sat back up and folded her hands in her lap. She stood perfectly still until her breath returned and coughed a bit into her mask. Nazga came over with a look of concern, but shrugged her shoulders in the end, and visited the kitchen area to prepare a plate of green-wrapped bread and a slab of meat of some sort.

Nina scoffed a little, "Not only can I fight, but I can blend in." Lifting a finger to tap at her mask, "If it makes my own kind uncertain, then there's a good chance it can do the same to others."
Dog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

As soon as Dog stumbled in and started to close the door with her butt, most of the beasts that were busily chatting and eating looked up and stopped. When she smiled and gave a wave with her fingers wiggling, they frowned and talked in low whispers. She sashayed her way to the snake-waiter, leaning on the counter with her palm down and tail fwooshing outwards, "I've had so much fun today, but now I'm just so hungry. Can I get a bite to eat...?" Nazga was walking past her and most of the smaller monsters got up to either leave in groups or to sit together.

Dog didn't wait for an answer and just pinched the piece of meat off of the plate that was destined for the other human visitor. Biting into it, even though Nazga frowned deeply, Dog tore at it with her teeth and hands, a muffled, "Thanks!". Nazga delivered the strange bread to Maxwell, "I'm sssorry, I'll bring you another pieccce."It didn't take long before Dog consumed the entire steak, lifting her head up and letting the chunks fall into her stomach. After, she licked at her fingers, one by one, eyeing those that didn't leave. Especially taking in the Baron's appearance.
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

The black haired man raised his head just to see Nina being... there. But it was so strange. She looked like she was dead in the inside. After all, was she really a human like him? He couldn't tell with the mask after all.

Suddently, the girl spoke again, and Maxwell was surprised. Even if it was her voice, she looked different. However, this world was strange, he won't blame the girl on acting strangely. If he had one dollard for every strange things he saw here since he woke up in this world he would be rich by now.

Speaking of strange things.

Nazga brought him his half-eaten meat, apologing for the incovenience. He just hoped the werewolf would finally pay him for the meat, that was all he was asking for.

Maxwell, however, was boiling with anger. He stood up and looked at the werewolf, his good eye was burning with rage:

"You FRICK!" He yelled, "That was MY meat!"
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

As soon as he saw the starving human getting up and yelling, visibly angry AND hungry, Sombreplume waved his hand, silently asking him to chill and sit down, frowning at him.

When the human finally obeyed, the demon stood up politely and walked toward the creature.

"Good evening, or late night, dear creature. What a pleasure to meet one of your kind here!" He said, taking of his hat and bowing.

He looked at the werewold deep in the eyes and smiled.

"I'm sorry to be a burden, however, mu new acquaintance you see here was probably more hungry than you and you just... well, ate his meat." He chuckled, "I know, this is hilarious, i would have laughed in other circumstances. But in this situation, i just hope you know this was very impolite of you. And poor Nazga here has prepared the meat especially for him. What a shame. You should have waited, and ordered your meal, like any deceny soul would do."

Some creatures whispered. Some may say it was a suicide to talk like that to a werewolf. But Sombreplume wasn't new in this world, and he could handle the anger of a werewolf.

Dog had snuck the half-piece back onto the plate and set her delighted gaze on others, until human critter yelled. Perking her ears up and pushing off of the counter, she smiled and barred her teeth, "I what? Was it? Funny, it didn't taste like your meat." Then she leaned in, with her fingertips hovering just above the stool behind her, "Ohh, you're own of those things I tossed in the canal. I actually, matter of factly, and literally..."

She lifted a finger to tap at her lip, "Never eaten one of you before." She cast her eyes to the side and lifted a foot as she laughed gaily. She seated herself on the stool and spun about, kicking her feet. Stopping as the Baron approached, she curled her feet around the stool's ring below. She eyed him, turning her face to the side, "Is it--of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?"

Dog wiggled her butt on the stool and leaned in towards the Baron, her tail swishing from side-to-side, "As long as I don't have to carry you. Critters are heavy. Was he?" Crossing her arms and leaning back, "Well maybe he should have asked how hungry I was. It's not like I ate all of it, he just doesn't like my gift." Unwrapping her arms, she gripped the side of the stool in her hands, "It was, wasn't it! If your critter ever needs more meat, then he just needs to ask. I know where the bloodiest meat is." Her head leaned over to the side to get Maxwell in view. She gave him a mischievous smile.

"How fortunate for you to turn the events like that." Sombreplume answered, "You say this is a «gift». But all you have done is eating somebody else's food. Even if they will not say it, everyone knows it."

He looked at Nazga and smiled.

"Nazga, another meat for this starving man here. ONLY him." He said as he looked at Dog, "I'll pay you this one. Promise."

"You know, my dear werewolf. Those «critters» as you says are armed. I know you are protected against a lot of thingd but those weapons..." He took a more somber tone, "I don't know what they are. And i'm an old man. Who knows, perhaps those are made of silver? No one's sure. And what they need now is a food that is refined and cooked by my dear friend Nazga. Not the kind of food you eat."

He smiled again, his orbs becoming pitch black, looking at wolf. He loved to do those kind of things. This is harmless, but it could surprise or making them afraid.

"Think about that. You just killed a spider and you are hungry. You have never been that hungry before. You are preparing yourself to eat the best meal you ever had. And suddently, i come and steal it, only leaving the worst part of it. How mad would you be? And don't be an hypocrit, we all know this isn't considered as a gift."
Tybalt watches silently as these events unfold, Wallace doesn't care whatsoever and continues being a glutton.
Tybalt then gets up from his seat and walks to the two in the argument.

"Ahem, Excuse me... but if you two are about to instigate a fight in this friendly environment could I ask of something? Would any of you two be willing to pay some extra money to have me and my compatriot Wallace over there to assist in your assault towards one another? I'm specifically talking to you girl. You should analyse who and what your opponents are before instigating a fight."

Tybalt subtly gestures at Baron.

The demon eyed to the creature next to him and chuckled sightly.

"Dear, i'm glad you are asking this. But i unfortunatly must refuse this offer. I'm old enough to take care of my problems alone. More, only the weaker souls are fighting to prove their non existent strenght. I was just teaching a werewolf a lesson of politeness. She should know that eating somebody else's food is an act of pure vileness."

He turned around, his back facing the werewolf and Tybalt.

"And eating this soul here!" He gestured to Maxwell with his cane, "Will only get you sick! He is always so angry and tense, the meal wouldn't be so good!"

Sometimes, hating on everyone was so good.
Tybalt turns to face Sombreplume.

"Good sir, being what you are you should know that the balance of good and evil has broken a long time ago. There is only existing and surviving in this world. But, your Philosophy is what you believe and while it comes off to me as ignorant for such an ancient being I will not interfere with this. Unless there is money involved of course..."

Tybalt walks back to his table.

"Feel free to notify me if any of you are in need of dire assistance in the following ten minutes."
Blackarrow (played by Scarletwolf)

She kept cleaning her notebook then she wrote in it. 'Where am I are there humans out there where am I' she wrote then she put it up she kept her hoodie over her face she didn't care if people came up to her or looked at her but she felt weird where she was she heard everything happening and was so confused so she sat quietly and didn't say anything to anyone or tryed to intervene with the people cause she didn't know if they were humans or creatures like the one that thew her like she was nothing she was really mad about that but she didn't really care she was used to it. She let out a sigh before asking for a drink. "This place gives me the goosebumps" she muttered under her voice.
Katherine (played by Liannah2)

"Yeah! And they look like us! Except more..solid..?" Katherine's friend ended, sounding unsure of his word usage. They were both sitting on her bed, having a talk about what one was hearing from others that night.
Her brother was probably still out hunting, and her parents were asleep. Or at least they should be. This gave her the time slot to talk to her friend. She liked his company.
"Where did they come from?" She asked, curious to know more.
"I donno. A group of them just appeared out of nowhere. Crazy right? If you want to know more, I saw a couple of them at the Tavern on my way here. Maybe ask them yourself? Anyway, I have to go, see you tomorrow?" He replied. He then climbed out of the window which he came in, but not before waving goodbye.

Katherine KNEW he was joking, since it was too late for her to be out in the first place..but this may be her only chance to talk to these new creatures. Plus, if they did appear out of nowhere, maybe she could offer them a place to sleep? If they didn't already find a place that is.

After changing clothes and grabbing a hoodie, she scurried out the window as well. On her way to the tavern, her plan was to simply view them from outside, and only come in if it seemed safe.

(Something tells me..I hade this too long..)
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Sitting in his chair, Maxwell looked at everything that was happening to him, Sombreplume nearly insulting (in his way) the werewolf and the man who said he could help them if they paid, and even him, now.

just because he let his emotions out and yelled at a fricking werewolf. What an idiot he was. He better be gone before averyone remembers he is there.

he slowly stood up and looked at Nina, her eyes switching between him and the other creatures.

"I... need to go. Other places and businesses to do. Come with me if you want, but i'm out of here." He said, as he walked out of the inn.

once he was outside, he started running to Sarydel's house. He didn't wanted to look behind him, he was too afraid that werewolf was following him.

Finally, he arrived at the doctor's house and entered without even knocking. He found himself in front of an angry Sarydel, unhappy to see someone entering like that.

"I'm.... Sorry." he answered, "I thought that perhaps my companion needed help here... i'd... rather wait with them before returning to the inn, please?"

The young woman seemed confused, but shook her head and sighed.

"Fine, fine, you can stay, but i hope you haven't brought problems with you! This place isn't a inn or a battlefield!" She said as she let the young man walk in.

Dog gave a knowing nod, “And isn’t the loss of something important a gift in disguise? Even if nobody says it is, everyone knows it.” Shimmying her shoulders a bit to the side, she turned her head to face Nazga in one smooth motion, “Yes, Nazga, would you please? He’s so –very- hungry.”

Dog made a shocked face, “They are? All I saw was primitive pointy sticks and rope, clearly barbaric, if I do say so myself.” A short pause, “And I do, just so you know.” But she stared hungrily at Maxwell, her eyes searching his person, “There’s only one way to find out. There’s always a way to find out.” She stared up at the baron, still seated, “For their sake, I hope they grab as much silver as possible. Sometimes, I have social anxiety. It’s terrible...”

Dog’s shoulders shook as she inwardly laughed, as Nazga sighed heavily and returned to the kitchen to cook up more meat. As she waited, she folded a leg over the other and settled her hands on her knee, looking up at the Baron’s eyes as if she was waiting for something else. But she simply shrugged her shoulders, “I wouldn’t be mad, but I would try to take it back because I am stronger and still hungry. But I’m certain being charitable has grown since I was gone.” She gaily flopped her hand about, “Kudos to you for feeding the weak! You are so nice, whatever you are!”

As soon as Maxwell started to move, Dog was getting out of her seat to sit at his table, “And who are you talking to, hmm? A ghosty, toasty ghost?” She looked across directly at Nina, but seemed to be confused, until she reached for his plate and grabbed the other half of the meat, sinking her teeth into it. Just for him, she growled and shook her head from side-to-side, the meat flapping wildly about.
Frog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

Nina was still seated when Dog came over, but she didn’t say anything about it. Lifting herself out of the chair, she collected her weapon and slung it over her shoulder. Taking a moment to look towards the Baron, her mask shifted to face Maxwell, offering him a single nod. Gesturing to the door, she followed quietly behind him. Her finished plate was left behind. Nazga returned with the fresh order of meat, but looked about and sighed again, “Thisss iss sssomthing elssse.” Then the meat strangely vanished from the plate and appeared in Dog’s hand, eating that one as well while staring at the Baron.

Nina followed quickly behind Maxwell, but her stride was shorter. However, she didn’t seem out of breath as they busted into Sarydel’s house. Offering a nod towards Sarydel, “Sorry, things became messy in the tavern. But we haven’t brought anything but us.”

Before he could do anything, Sombreplume found himself confused for the first time in his entire life. In less than 5 minutes, the two possible souls he could gather were now gone and were replaced by a werewolf. Not that he could take her soul if he wanted to, but he already had one and they were so... commonplace.

He looked at the door for a while, not even listening to what Dog was sying to him. He was boiling with anger but yelling and trying to kill a werewolf here wasn't the best thing to do, and Nazga would sure get mad at him for that.

"I'll... pay you for that, Nazga." he said, depited. Of course, he could find them again, it would be easy. but all he has done to keep an eye on this soul just for her to vanish like that... it was unbeliveable.

He looked at Dog and breathed heavily. He tried to contain his anger and it was difficult. he ven fet some feather growing on his back, but he tried to restain himself. Transforming into his demonic form now would be unfortunate to Nazga.
Talayna Sky (played by BreezyDawn)

Talayna had finally been notified that her room was ready, and wasted no time in removing herself from the tavern portion of the building, her clear amber eyes sweeping the room again once more before following the attendant that the naga had sent to show her the way.

Having remained quiet throughout her wait, she had observed some pretty interesting things. So many unique beings, with stories all their own. .. She mused as she moved after the squat toadlike creature who kept making slurping noises as he walked. Ugh, some beings could be so disgusting. Upon reaching her room she dropped her rucksack on the floor and flopped onto the squeaky bed - with a cursory glance about the room it was apparent she had not been given the best the inn had to offer. One small end table stood against the wall next to her bed, cracks upon its surface showed it had not been tended to in some time. Cobwebs decorated the ceiling and wall corners, offering a somewhat somber feel to the room. No dresser was to be found. Ah well... it's not like she had any belongings to fill one anyway.

Feeling more relaxed now, having noted the window she could get through quickly if need be, she pushed her hood back from her face. Her skin was pale, and her fiery red hair made it seem even paler. A few Reddish brown feathers could be seen mixed among the strands of her hair which tumbled around her tapered ears, and it was these she absently stroked in a habitual gesture as she lay back on the bed without removing so much as her cloak. Ahh, her muscles thanked her - at long last she could rest upon something that offered a semblance of comfort, despite it's lumpy nature.

Tomorrow, she thought as her angled eyes drifted closed, she would figure out what to do with herself. So many possibilities, so much choice. Freedom... the word was the last she thought of as the blackness of sleep decended upon her prone form and a rhythmic soft inhalation/exhalation the only sign she was still among the living.
Tybalt spins his finger around the rim of a cup of a strange, alcoholic substance in waiting. Oddly enough there aren't many minds to read in a facility dedicated to self destruction. After a second thought however, Tybalt began to develop a theory... THE TAVERN IS A TRAP!!! Tybalt quickly stands up smashing his hands onto the table but before he could do anything he came up with a far more reasonable idea as to why his senses failed him. Perhaps some people are simply too unimportant in the grand scheme of the universe, which would explain as to why the common man isn't the protagonist of a story. Yes, those with something to hide are the ones most noted in an interrogation. The Wherewolf wouldn't pay for his assistance even if she were at the grasps of Wraith, she's far too strong headed. As for the demon, I guess it just proves that beings older in body aren't the smartest. The cowardly boy is of no interest, however he will eventually intertwine with the others again. There is definitely something occurring here, a conversation which could spark an adventure, and as Tybalt knows Gods live to see adventures. There is also a girl upstairs who emits a keen aura of claustrophobia. She will eventually mend with the others if Tybalt is correct. All Tybalt will have to do is follow along with them, But not at this moment.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus