Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Genre Mascots Art Epic Week 2018

jckomar wrote:
What if we want to submit a piece of art for someone else to draw up with no expectation of any kind of reward?
Clarifying: Do you mean you want to submit an idea for someone else to draw, and the reward only goes to the person who drew it?

A decision like that would be up to you and the artist. It counts as a collaboration, and the collapse in the first post explains that those involved in it must write out a plan for how an prizes are to be presented.
Kim wrote:
Want to enter a collaboration? Please check here for the rules regarding that
I allow two person collaborations if they get pre-approval BEFORE entering.

To get approval, the team needs to do the following things:
  • Declare their intent to collaborate by PMing me, with both of the collaborants included on the conversation recipient list. This means both team members need to be members of the RPR.
  • Explain who is doing what in this collaboration. ("Person A is sketching, person B will color.")
  • Submit a WRITTEN PLAN for how prizes should be distributed and exactly what they plan to do with them, should they win any. This needs to include details for both the Hourglass of Epicness that all winning entries earn, and other possibilities that could be won in the raffle. For example, you might write...

"If we win, we would want the hourglass sent to Person A. Person A will use it once, then send the remaining use to Person B. Any further digital prizes should be sent to Person B if we get any. If we win a physical prize like a tote bag, Person B cedes any claim to those, they should be sent to Person A at 12345 SW Main st..."

Another example:

"We plan to use the Hourglass of Epicness on our Group, Group Y. Neither Person A or Person B will use any part of the Hourglass. Send it directly to Group Y. Any other prizes we might win will be raffled off to our group members, so they can also go to our group treasury. We wish to decline any physical prizes."
  • Wait to receive a reply approving their plan before going forward with the collaboration.
horse_chan_by_madratbird-dcalcki.png

AH YES, meet Horse-Chan.

I wanted to do something comedic and silly this year. So she'd probably fall under comedy, and... I dunno. I saw a lot of yandere posts sifting through LFRP so it kinda played part in it.

Edit : horror comedy! Friend mentioned that!
Tar

( My love for Horse-Chan is eternal. )
Novalyyn wrote:
Here's this creature I think someone fished up.

rpr_mascot_entry__fuzzy_sluggy_by_novalyyn-dc9wr27.png

Legitimately the first thing I thought of was this childhood toy
Aaaah I wanna do it again. Last year was a hoot!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Oh my gosh the entries so far this year are off to a strong start! :D
Soooooooo Horse-chan has officially freaked me out (as awesome of work as it is). Congrats on the Horror-Comedy thing, I think you nailed it XD
Nativity wrote:
Soooooooo Horse-chan has officially freaked me out (as awesome of work as it is). Congrats on the Horror-Comedy thing, I think you nailed it XD

LMAO thank you so much ;v; I love her lol
Auberon Moderator

I'm gonna do it this year. :D
I don't usually have the chance to partake in these contests, but this time I had time haha. I originally drew my Cat Toulouse as a donut thief for this contest but decided I wanted to keep that design because he looked so cute. So instead I made this one based off my Kitty Priss who passed a couple months ago. Here is my witch kitty for the fantasy genre.

priss_for_rpr_contest_by_inquisitorcat-dcb5r1c.png
N5tA4Zw.png

It felt like it took forever but I got this done! I am hoping I do really well this year! She is for a Slice of Life Genre, something simple but interesting because most people love fun colored hair! :3

Also, I did use a drawing that was my own to help make the pose so the image of that will be below!
Pose image!
moriah_drawing_by_kurosakuranbo14-dcb0sjm.png
We can enter a few different characters as long as they are created for this event correct?
Claine Moderator

Cyanymph wrote:
We can enter a few different characters as long as they are created for this event correct?

Yes :D
Just making a reservation post now that I've actually started on working on my design for my entry. TT v TT;; I hope to have her done soon. Maybe over the weekend?

47858243d11de7581af81417d3d5333e.png

Also, it appears that no entry of mine will ever be safe from carrying a sharp dagger of one kind or another.

I made a modern day tiefling rogue! So I guess my genre this year is modern day fantasy. :'D

I have a smoking and non-smoking version!
genrejumble2018_smokingsmol_by_freejayfly-dcci8su.png

genrejumble2018_smol_by_freejayfly-dcci8si.png

As always, click the image to go to the full size pic!
Claine wrote:
Cyanymph wrote:

Yes :D
Awesome thank you!

Also FreeJayFly that is awesome!
FreeJayFly every entry you do for these are amazing!!!!
Can we enter pixel art, or no?
So.. I usually do a few entries, got another one half done but here is my first for the time being.

5MC8U6W.png

Catfish? Merpurr?
Idk but I think it is cute!!

Link to both sizes! Though I got it saved even larger, but it would not load without a white BG after a certain res.

Edit: I guess this is creatures/fantasy grouping?
Lyss wrote:
So.. I usually do a few entries, got another one half done but here is my first for the time being.

5MC8U6W.png

Catfish? Merpurr?
Idk but I think it is cute!!

Link to both sizes! Though I got it saved even larger, but it would not load without a white BG after a certain res.

Edit: I guess this is anthro/fantasy grouping?

Calikoi 8)))
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Panic_ wrote:
Can we enter pixel art, or no?

One of the requirements of entries is large size and 300 DPI. Most pixel art can't hope to meet those requirements. If yours can, you're welcome to give it a go. :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Genre Mascots Art Epic Week 2018

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus