Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Unpopular Opinions

Hades_

Roueg wrote:
Hairless kittens are quite cute. *Shrug* Sue me.

Hairless cats are stunning, beautiful chicken breasts and I will never not love them.

I never understood the insane amount of hype behind Attack On Titan, it's ... boring and completely ineffective as a series to me. Most of the main characters die in the very first episode that people become utterly obsessed with. The concept of the story itself is not "new" and "incredible." It's the same plain story we've been presented with hundreds of times in anime.

Boy has terrible childhood. Boy's mom dies. Boy's dad dies in military. Boy becomes the "chosen one." Boy then has to choose between being the villain or the good guy and decide who are the real villains and the real good guys.
It's the same narrative, all over again. It's... boring and I personally think it was terribly executed both in the anime and the manga.

Harry Potter isn't that interesting of a story. I read the books and watched most of the films. I liked the concept and sure it's good enough to watch at a friend's house, but I will never go out of my way to watch it or read it again.

People who write "beautiful and alluring" as their characters "good qualities" or "key identifying features" and amp it up in every aspect of their character descriptions are bland and boring. I will not write with anyone who cannot stop describing their character's "physical aesthetics" with a forced perception of "this is beautiful."

Beauty is 100% subjective.

I do not hate children, but I wish that kids were allowed in less places. I don't believe we should be excluding kids from experiencing anything specific for growing up, experiencing reality in general, but I'd like there to be locations for people who just do not want to around kids or cannot mentally handle being around kids. Theme parks, grocery stores, movie theatres, restaurants, and so on. I still want kids to be able to go to all of these kinds of places, but I just wish there were locations that are just like them and don't allow kids.

My Little Pony is a terrible series and I cannot stand it. I've been told "well if you liked this show you can't complain." No, I very much can still like this one show and still absolutely hate this other one. No one was ever mega-hyped and obsessive with Power Puff Girls like they are My Little Pony. It's annoying and has no true value, just like Spongebob.

Frozen is not an "amazing break through" movie. Yes, Elsa broke everyone when she said "you just met, you can't get married" but the fact that they also made two female main characters also doesn't make it even more incredible. It's rather poorly written, but it marketed better than all the others. That's great, but it's market value doesn't suddenly make it better than any other disney movie ever. I liked it, but I do not care to watch it again and I do not love it. Tangled and Brave are hundreds of thousands times better.

I don't like Ed Sheeran. At all. I will turn off the car radio or change stations the second he starts playing. I will also do this with all of Drake's music, and most of Adele's.

I don't like the little Minions from Despicable Me and really don't like that they get far more attention that the movie itself. Grue is a fantastic character.

I'm not that into Beyonce. I only like some of her music, not even a full album's worth.

I could go on, but I'll take my leave. XD
PrettySir wrote:
Frozen is not an "amazing break through" movie. Yes, Elsa broke everyone when she said "you just met, you can't get married" but the fact that they also made two female main characters also doesn't make it even more incredible. It's rather poorly written, but it marketed better than all the others. That's great, but it's market value doesn't suddenly make it better than any other disney movie ever. I liked it, but I do not care to watch it again and I do not love it. Tangled and Brave are hundreds of thousands times better.

Thaaank Yooooou!

I'm so tired of hearing about how great Frozen is and how it has the first woman hero and blah blah. Umm, excuuuuse me! No, it doesn't. What about Mulan or Pocahontas? The only good thing about Frozen was.. um.. not sure.
I personally get really annoyed when people on rp sites just.. copy a rp instead of joining it. I mean, really?
If you MUST read anything by Sarah J Maas (ugh!) “A court of Thorns and Roses” works better as a stand alone than part of a series. Because afterwards the author does her best to decimate a previously established relationship and character with feeble or little reasoning given.
That ultimately just makes you hate the MC more than anything else.
In all honesty, I’m just not into the Marvel universe; I suppose it’s a combination of repetitive story or the fact that Disney puts political issues from the background, but it just isn’t as great as everyone believes. I respect Stan Lee himself, but what his creations have turned into by the newer films is just rubbish, in my opinion. That and Fortnite, PUBG, and all those repetitive shooting games of similar structure; it’s boring and formulaic, ruining the genre for newcomers and professionals all. It’s not fun! But again, my opinion is not yours and I respect your opinions as well.
KatayokuNoTenshiVII wrote:
Straight away smut in RP is okay as long as both parties agree.

This. Thank you.

I don't get the appeal of first-person shooters. Halo, Overwatch, Call of Duty, and yes, even Splatoon, are far too overrated to me.

Also... I like Hawaiian Pizza. Pineapple on pizza? Yes. All of it.

I hate children. All of them. Teens aren't my thing either.
Just because a toxic relationship, whether it be an in series thing or not, is fiction, doesn't make it okay for someone to like. I cannot stress this enough. Sure, you may not support a relationship such as that in real life, but just because it isn't real, doesn't make it okay.
I still really don't think people should have to pay for water, even though I pay for water.
Angelina Jolie is not that hot.
North-Wood

Bettas should be in 5 gallon tanks with a filter and heater, nothing smaller.

No fish belong in bowls, cups or vases

Goldfish need tanks 100 gallons and bigger, or a pond.

Fish do not just grow to the size of the tank, they grow to whatever the species size is. If they are in a tank that is too small, their growth will be stunted, resulting in a short life.
people can RP whatever body type they want. skinny, chubby, fat, "thicc" and whatever else i neglected to mention. if it's not your thing, go the other way and don't vague post, no matter your side of the fence.
Yellow is criminally underrated.

All white is just as good as all black. I demand white-themed goths.

There's nothing wrong "tragic backstory" characters. It's more realistic and common than people seem to think, and it's not like we say "you're so cliche" to real people who lost their parents, right?

Art/anatomy classes to teach people how breasts actually look and function should be required by law. People who intentionally draw "helium balloons" should be punished by having to walk around with actual helium balloons in their shirt for a month.

Both hyper-femininity and hyper-masculinity are disgusting.

Math isn't that bad. It's the people who give everything super long, complex scientific names that we should be shunning.
RimCaster

Classical Architecture is more beautiful than contemporary architecture which we have now.

Also music from that period is better in my humble opinion than most of the current 'music hits'(You can say it's like comparing apples to oranges since most of classical music is played on instruments, piano, violin. cello you name it while I'm comparing it to song which have vocal. but it can't stop me from saying that I like one over other since it's matter of taste which is subjective. you can like idk techno or whatever other modern genre while despising classical music)

Also music from 70's and 80's is cool, I think more people need to appreciate that, sure it's not ideal but it's quite good in my opinion.

I believe we should treat children less as a kids and more as a adults as they can think for themselves, what I mean let kids explore world in their own way and support them when they ask or need it, however please don't under any circumstance do work for them, they can figure it out if you give them time.

As for kids I like them, honestly I would rather want big family but if I can't well I would be content with one or two.
Outdoor cats should be illegal. An outdoor cat tends to live up to 5 years, yet indoor cats live an average of 15-17. And cats are an invasive species just about everywhere, they hunt and kill anything they think might be good prey and end up destroying native animal populations. We don’t let dogs roam free for the same reasons we shouldn’t let cats roam free, so why do we still do it to cats?

On another note. If you claim to have no problem with queer people, but then go on to say you don’t want queer people to be represented in media, then you do have a problem with queer people. If, for example, you think the pronoun picker in the new V:tM Bloodlines game is forcing “the gay agenda” down “normal” people’s throats and consequently going to ruin the game... That’s transphobic, no ifs, ands, or buts. If the only gay characters in a TV show that don’t make you uncomfortable are comic relief or butt monkeys, that’s homophobic. If it’s not an acceptable view to have about people of color, it’s not an acceptable view to have about queer people either! No decent person these days would be caught dead saying that the ability to play a black character in a video game ruined the game, but you still get people complaining about queer options in video games. See people’s criticisms of Dragon Age, for another example.
Hades_

Malachite wrote:
Outdoor cats should be illegal. An outdoor cat tends to live up to 5 years, yet indoor cats live an average of 15-17. And cats are an invasive species just about everywhere, they hunt and kill anything they think might be good prey and end up destroying native animal populations. We don’t let dogs roam free for the same reasons we shouldn’t let cats roam free, so why do we still do it to cats?

On another note. If you claim to have no problem with queer people, but then go on to say you don’t want queer people to be represented in media, then you do have a problem with queer people. If, for example, you think the pronoun picker in the new V:tM Bloodlines game is forcing “the gay agenda” down “normal” people’s throats and consequently going to ruin the game... That’s transphobic, no ifs, ands, or buts. If the only gay characters in a TV show that don’t make you uncomfortable are comic relief or butt monkeys, that’s homophobic. If it’s not an acceptable view to have about people of color, it’s not an acceptable view to have about queer people either! No decent person these days would be caught dead saying that the ability to play a black character in a video game ruined the game, but you still get people complaining about queer options in video games. See people’s criticisms of Dragon Age, for another example,

Both yes.
Arcol wrote:
In all honesty, I’m just not into the Marvel universe; I suppose it’s a combination of repetitive story or the fact that Disney puts political issues from the background, but it just isn’t as great as everyone believes. I respect Stan Lee himself, but what his creations have turned into by the newer films is just rubbish, in my opinion. That and Fortnite, PUBG, and all those repetitive shooting games of similar structure; it’s boring and formulaic, ruining the genre for newcomers and professionals all. It’s not fun! But again, my opinion is not yours and I respect your opinions as well.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU! Finally someone said Marvel has been an absolute shite storm since Disney bought it. Captain Marvel is the worst out of them all. “Oh look at me look at me! I’m a strong female lead! I’m a feminist!!!!! Look at me everyone! *lacks any real qualities of a strong character and there’s no real plot*” Literally all I got out of that movie...Brie Larson will absolutely ruin End Game as well, I miss pre-Disney Marvel where it was all fun. Black Panther started the political crap, especially since there was unnecessary comments directly at certain ethnic groupings (if you know you know), they had such potential and it became a political debacle....I’ll still go see the movies to give them a chance but it’s just ridiculous at how they think they can get away with political stuff that doesn’t belong there, Stan is rolling in his grave
RimCaster wrote:
Classical Architecture is more beautiful than contemporary architecture which we have now.

Also music from that period is better in my humble opinion than most of the current 'music hits'(You can say it's like comparing apples to oranges since most of classical music is played on instruments, piano, violin. cello you name it while I'm comparing it to song which have vocal. but it can't stop me from saying that I like one over other since it's matter of taste which is subjective. you can like idk techno or whatever other modern genre while despising classical music)

Also music from 70's and 80's is cool, I think more people need to appreciate that, sure it's not ideal but it's quite good in my opinion.

I believe we should treat children less as a kids and more as a adults as they can think for themselves, what I mean let kids explore world in their own way and support them when they ask or need it, however please don't under any circumstance do work for them, they can figure it out if you give them time.

As for kids I like them, honestly I would rather want big family but if I can't well I would be content with one or two.

Modern architecture is ugly af
First off! It doesn't matter if a character is a multi-ship character, that character, canon or not, does not make that character a slut, whore, man-whore, ****-boy, etc. They are only such a thing, if that's what the writer envisioned and specifically says so. After all, I envision one of my characters as a "slut", and I imply it too.

Second! ...This one is a bit different. If a canon character is played differently from their canon, it's not a "stupid thing on a stupid writer's" deal. Alternate universes can and do exist for people. Research on a game and/or character that you like is certainly not the greatest (trust me, I know). Not every source for that game is necessarily right, sometimes. However, a canon character acting differently than canon, means one of a few things: One: the player is probably new to the character/game, and is interested in the game/character, two: the way they are portrayed is the writer's interpretation of that character (which I am definitely guilty of), and three: What if the reason, is both the first and second reason? Certainly a possibility.

And my third, and final thing, though maybe not as "unpopular", roleplaying is just an easy way to learn to write! After all, from where I've started, and where I've gotten to, are a huge, vast difference, but I still try to accommodate for others, and in fact, I still use my "old style" on an online Ace Attorney game, Attorney Online.

And that's all I have to say.
if you're a girl that can't "be friends with other girls because they're too much drama" you should probably start examining the common variable.

this mindset has always infuriated me. my girl friends have been some of the most supportive, loving figures in my life and i wouldn't trade them for the world. it is terrible that this mentality still exists. it's cringy, toxic, and i'd even say narcissistic to a degree. there's absolutely no way all the girls you've met have been so awful you can't bring yourself to befriend more. i'm not saying girls can't be bad people, but if all you've ever had are issues with any female friend? maybe it's time to start looking inward.

and please don't conflate this with, "well i'm shy and have a hard time making friends so this is unfair." this is not what that's about.

this post is 100% directed at women who claim they can only befriend guys because other women "can't be trusted" or are "too much trouble." i'm not here for it. inspired by one such post i saw written by a woman on another social media platform with a startling and depressing amount of agreement.
Dream wrote:
if you're a girl that can't "be friends with other girls because they're too much drama" you should probably start examining the common variable.

this mindset has always infuriated me. my girl friends have been some of the most supportive, loving figures in my life and i wouldn't trade them for the world. it is terrible that this mentality still exists. it's cringy, toxic, and i'd even say narcissistic to a degree. there's absolutely no way all the girls you've met have been so awful you can't bring yourself to befriend more. i'm not saying girls can't be bad people, but if all you've ever had are issues with any female friend? maybe it's time to start looking inward.

and please don't conflate this with, "well i'm shy and have a hard time making friends so this is unfair." this is not what that's about.

this post is 100% directed at women who claim they can only befriend guys because other women "can't be trusted" or are "too much trouble." i'm not here for it. inspired by one such post i saw written by a woman on another social media platform with a startling and depressing amount of agreement.

What you just described is internalized misogyny^

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Unpopular Opinions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus