Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Genre Jumble 2013! (Official Art Contest)

Kim Site Admin

The amazing variety of characters and games on the RPR is one of the things that makes this place great. Every year, a new "Genre Jumble" representing that diversity takes its place on our homepage:

2012's genre mascots
genre-jumble-may-2012.png

2011’s genre mascots
genre-jumble-may-2011-contest.png

2010’s genre mascots
groupshot2.png

Did you know that those characters were all drawn by members? Now it’s time again for a new group of characters to represent our diversity and creativity!

To enter:
Pick one (or more) of the following genres and draw an original character that you think embodies the spirit of that genre.
  • Fantasy
  • Sci-fi
  • Steampunk
  • Mutants
  • Historical
  • Anthro/Furre
  • Cyberpunk
  • Superheroes
  • Fae
  • Creatures: Wolves, Dragons, etc...
  • Suggest a new one!

Rules:
  1. Must be your own creation.
  2. Cannot be a previously made character. The genre mascot must be your original creation made for this contest.
  3. You must agree that if chosen, your drawing becomes property of the RPR, to be used on the RP Repository website and on promotional material for the RPR. That means your genre mascot could have the chance to represent us far and wide, on and off the homepage!
  4. All genre mascots must be appropriate for a PG-13 type audience.
  5. Genre mascots should be presented on a transparent background.
  6. The entries will be judged based on how well they appeal to their particular genre, creativity, effort, and skill.
  7. You may enter more than one image into the genre jumble, but you will only ever have one entry into the winners raffle.

Prizes:
The winning genre mascots will be combined into their own genre jumble, and immediately featured on the homepage.

Each person who contributes a character used in the final jumble will receive a 12 month epic membership and a set of RPR bookmarks.

The following prizes will also be raffled off between the winners:
  • a DVD of RPR adventure videos
  • An additional 3 months of Epicness, on top of the 12 you get automatically as a winner!
  • 2 extra character slots
  • 5 pages
  • An RPR t-shirt (tell me your size if you win)

If there are lots of entries, more prizes will be added.

Deadline:
May 28th.
I AM GOING TO DO IT THIS YEAR! No freelance jobs, broken tablets or anything will stop me!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Can't wait to see! :D
Count me in!
I'm so in!!
What? This year's genre jumble requires a new wizard? Consider it done!
Me me me!! I'm in!
i'm totally in~~
Do we post them here when they are done?
I definitely want to try this out! <3 Expect me to enter!
I will get to work on Stick McStickMan right away >.> He'll be the best stick figure ever to grace the land of stickdom. And by this I mean...Good luck to you all I can't wait to see your wonderful drawings!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Quote:
What? This year's genre jumble requires a new wizard scantily-clad fantasy barbarian? Consider it done!
I'm so joining this °_° 12 months of epicness? Heck yeah! :'D
Sanne Moderator

I didn't enter the last two years, but I may work on an awesome Sci-Fi genre character for 2013. :)
Count me in!
Aww, no fair! I wish i could draw! D:
Anyway, GOOD LUCK you guys! :D
Where do we have to post them though? I guess we need to send them to the RPR email adress? :3
Sanne Moderator

Entries last year were submitted directly on the topic itself. :) So it'll be fine to submit them right here this year too!
Oooo I think I'll join this! :O
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Yes, please post your entries here. :) You can also email it to admin@rprepository.com if you really need to for some reason. :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Genre Jumble 2013! (Official Art Contest)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus