Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Sage Mecker (played by Cherry_Red)

Sage looked at the cat who spoke, then blinked. After seeing what she's seen, anything was possible. "There's two others that I know of, I split from them for reasons I wont name right now. And yes, I want to get out of here too." She said and looked at the cat "since you can talk, what's your name?"
Character Dump (played by WolfieX45)

“Like what ya see?” She jests, waiting to see if this girl was going to let her in or not. She had no weapons aside from her fists and unless needed she wasnt going to be hitting anyone.

At this point she would agree to just about anything to be off the streets no telling where all those bodies came from..and what if they came back to life!?!..”look i aint got nuttin and i aint gunna hurt yall ok? Just wanna figure out where in the heck we are and go home.” She says, still rocking on her heels, and already looking for another house if needed.
At the mention of others, Victi began sniffing the air and moving her ears around, trying to pick up signs of something other than houses and corpses. There was maybe something at a distance, but too quiet to be sure it wasn't just some debris being blown around versus more conversation.

"Will you help me get out of here if I help you? The others are on their own, I left them and I made it very clear that I didn't want to see them ever again." She said, sounding a bit childish, but she didn't care. A child disrespected her, Sage didn't know what kind of world that little girl grew up in but if you spoke to someone older than you like that, you'd lose a tooth or two. She was still angry about everything that she said.
Victi became concerned. "I'm more than willing to help figure out how to get out of here. Normally I'd have been able to gate out already, honestly, but magic is dead and my coms are down. In case we start encountering more people, though, what can you tell me about those others? If we have known threats, I'd like to be able to recognize them before they recognize us." Victi said, as a toothy smile started slooowwwly creeping to her thin vulpine lips, "If the only advantage we have is surprise, I'd like to make sure we get a chance to make use of it."

"One of them is a little snotty girl, and the other one I can't remember much about, you'd be able to tell who she is if the little girl is with her. They shouldn't be much of a threat to us." She said.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

"Tch, I hate children," Raven huffs. "They pull hair and tails and think hitting me in the face is the same as petting. Only good thing about them is that they grow up. Some faster than others." She pauses for a moment, then giggles. "Spirits help the poor soul who has to deal with her."

She remembers she'd been asked a question, "Oh. My name is Raven, by the way. How about you guys?"

Sage giggled at Raven with a smile "I'm Sage, it's nice to meet you talking cat named Raven." She said and laughed softly. Sage wasn't very good with kids, but at least she tried so if that kid said she didn't try, she would give that girl a piece of her mind on the matter.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Lisa sighs and sheaths her dagger. She backs up and sinks into the couch as Liliath bounces beside her. A little too much is going on for her to make sense of everything. Stabbing random people is not going to help. "Come inside," she says. "It smells awful out there and the weather's going to get worse. It'd be rude for me to turn you away."
"Child, huh? Well, not threats I guess.... And Ni would be mad if I killed it, so I guess that's out. My name is Victi, by the way.". She replied, following a similar thought path to Raven, apparently. Speaking, er, thinking of which.... "You make it sound like you've got a partner too, Raven," she used the name in hopes of remembering it later, "I... I've been thinking about mine, and have an interesting logic problem: would it be better that they are here, in this terrible place and able to help, or not here, safe, but worried about you? Or for mine, about me."

She paused for a moment before continuing. "I'd like to think about it while I try looting some corpses. There might be resources or information to find. Either of you willing to help?"

Raven looks at her paws. "Huh, how'd you know?" She trots toward Victi, looking at the bodies. "Yeah. I have a partner, and I hate being separated but," she thinks carefully before going on, "she...she's been through a lot. I really don't want to see her here." Especially dead. She looks at the corpses and wonders, Will I recognize any of the bodies?
"'Spirit's help the poor soul who has to deal with her', my boyfriend probably says the same thing about me." She answered with with a chuckle. "I understand that. I think... I think I feel the same. I don't know if psionics would be interferred with here, but if they were.... I don't know how he'd handle being cut off. That and.... Yeah, I don't think I'd want him to have to deal with this. He's strong, but... too good. Anyway, looting! Always makes me feel better."

"I wish I had a talking cat as a partner, that'd be so cool. I could freak so many people out with one." She smiled and sat down, wondering what to do next. Then she pet Raven's head a bit more.
Victi blinked as something clicked. That the girl knew the word for that creature, but had explicitly made note and been surprised that the creature was a talking cat implied that that was not normal behavior for the creature. Interesting. "Raven," she asked, "do you happen to be a familiar?" She hoped the answer was yes, even though a genetic experiment was at least as likely. Anyone else with any knowledge of the arcane would be very, very useful.
"What should we do now?" "Let's try to find other people , so then we have more friends and more friends means more help." she smiled "We should also try to find a store and get as much food possible ." "We also need weapons if the murder is still around."

"Sure, some people call me that," Raven giggles. After graciously accepting more affection, she wanders around the street, sniffing at bodies. She's not exactly sure what Victi would consider useful, but she wants to look useful. As she wanders, she rambles about her life at home, mostly to impress Sage.

"If you think talking cats like me are freaky, you should meet some of my friends." She starts talking about creatures that Sage might only know from fairy tales and tabletop RPGs: dragons, shapeshifters, unicorns...and then stranger things like bipedal amphibians with mind-control powers (actually an exaggeration; the one basilisk she knows would find the comment insulting) and tall (only by monkey standards) winged monkeys that live in tree-top forest villages.

Frankly, a lot of her tales are either exaggerated tellings or stories she only knows second-hand. For starters, Lisa would personally murder her if she really did hang around dragons and the "unicorn" they own is only a half-breed. In many ways, however, the creatures and places she recalls are perfectly real, at least in her own world.
Victi began rooting through pockets and bags of the dead, taking whatever she could find. Cards with identities or others that could be for access or services of some kind, wallets which could have money of some kind in case there were vending machines that would be easier to pay than break, keys, especially those that looked more like work-related keys, lighters, and essentially anything she could find with obvious use, keeping things grouped my person to help keep access consistent by "clumps" of objects. being kept together. She.... didn't bother with clothing or food. Probably not safe.

Sage smiled as Raven spoke about her home and the other creatures that existed. She never would have believed any of this if she weren't in this situation of being stuck in a town with probable zombies and murderers and creatures even she didn't know about. She knew about mystical creatures, like the Kraken or a fairy or any other evil entity.
Several minutes ago, the large creature had hauled herself to her feet in a mild panic. The Hive was not present here. There were no orders, no requests. Nothing for her to give orders to. It was not that she was incapable of independent thought, but... she was used to the presence of the Hive.

Those things may be absent, but duty, and a clear sense of purpose was not. Corpses. Many many corpses. What did they die of? She needed to find if there were signs of damage! If it were damage, well, it was a war, or a slaughter. That would be... less interesting. But if not? If not ripping and tearing, it could be disease. Sickness. Plague. That was her purpose. Containment. She began going to the corpses, using her sharp claws to carefully tear off their clothing, and examine them. That.... structure, perhaps a barracks of some sort? A.... domicile of some kind? That would do. Those without signs of grievous injury would go in there, along with those beginning to rot. Put all the contagion in one place, body by body, taint source by taint source. The ones with terrible wounds? Another pile, another building.

And so she began her work....
Well, this was certainly aggravating. Combat wounds. Not illness. The worst of the decaying, of course, still needed containment, but the rest of the corpses.... Tsi'ka-ul was designated for quarantine. Not managing war dead. Perhaps whatever intelligence had been used to select her for the job had been faulty, or an error in selection had occured.... Well, she was cut off here. It was time to begin looking for a less... problematic location in terms of psionic interferance.

And so she began to move....

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus