Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Greenroom (An IC OOC/Meta Chat, OPEN!)

I mean, yes, I could, I could do something like make it explode or zap people or bounce people in the air or make them stick to stuff or whatever, but I don't really see the point? Yes, I like messing with people, but mostly people I know well. I'm not just gonna be a jerk to random people for no reason. That's just being mean for the sake of being mean, which is wasteful. I was thinking, like.... protective warding or being the light source or having ambient white noise or something. Either way it's a lot of effort, but I could.
Winston White (played by CrystalDisc)

[Winston re-enters carrying a small portfolio about the size of a toolbox. It looks musty.]

I took art classes at the academy, and they made us all get one of these. I've had this thing for years. Now, don't laugh too hard, but...

[He chuckles.]

...I call it Vincent. You know, after the guy who made The Starry Night? Anyways-

[He places down the case and digs out a mechanical pencil, holding it in his dominant hand, and his phone with the reference image in the other.]

You guys ready?
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

I actually wouldn't argue against protective wards, just in case something happens-

I'm sorry. You...you call it *what?*

*She looks down at the case, eyes widening, and slowly shuffles toward the other side of the room, in front of Chiro but slightly behind Victi*

V-Victi, I'm almost afraid to ask, but did you ever see the thing turn into an inanimate object?
Chiruko 'Chiro' Kennai (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

By the shadow's grace, you name your- Lisa, are you okay?
No, No I haven't. I am, however, about to real quick define some wards, okay? okay. All of you had better follow.... these glyphs.

A series of sigils appear on the wall to be painted, glimmering in purple tracery

Integrate them in with, like... branches, rivers, lakes, positions of critter and leaves, whatever. Weave 'em all in please and thanks. I'm not gonna let that thing play that game.
I'll... actually, lemme go get something real quick, let me paint those over, and then... yeah. Just gimme a sec.
Teleports away

[Winn is visibly confused, but brushes it off with the shake of his head.]

I'll...- sure. Sure, yeah. We can do that.

[He clicks the pen and begins sketching the outline on the wall, careful to mind the shape of the sigils.]

*Ignoring Chiro and clutching the hilt of her knife- still sheathed -in one hand, she approaches the portfolio and nudges it with her foot.*

[Winn looks over his shoulder.]

Hey. Hey, it's cool if you wanna check it out. I don't mind! But he's a little old, alright? Be gentle.

There's some old artwork in there if you're really interested. Mostly costumes, but-

. . .

-well, yeah. If you're into that sorta thing.

[He goes back to sketching.]

Huh? Uh, oh...sorry. *inhales* I guess I should explain myself-
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

*Vincent slips in while the others seem distracted by an art kit coincidentally sharing its name, not as the kit or a person but as a small, furry critter. It reverts to its "true" form behind Winston-

Winssston...

Winsssston, Winston Winston Winston. It'sss nice getting to read names below the faces. I don't have to remember to assssk.
Pops into view with an elegant hard-wood brush with a fine point and shiny-black bristles as well as an inkwell-shaped opaque pot containing a very shiny light blue paint I'm back!

Hey. Heyhey. Vincent Vincent Vincent. Move. I need to pint those sigils in to keep you from.... you know. Unexpected tricks. I don't even trust you here. Anyway, you're in the way.

[Winston turns around upon hearing his name.]

-OH, SWEET OUROS.

[He holds a hand to his mouth.]

I'm sorry. I am so sorry! I didn't mean to scream in your face like that-

[He squints.]

Are you... one of the extraterrestrial characters, or-?
That's the monster. In the actual game, it will try to eat your face. Assuming it doesn't decide to be someone else, first.
Usually it follows the rules here. I still like to take precautions.
Chiruko 'Chiro' Kennai (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

GAH! What the- why'd you have to make an entrance like that? Uh...Lisa...?

*visibly shaking* It- Vi....V-V-Vincent. Y-you know the rules. *Deep breath, she steadies her voice.* And you...you know Victi and I have our powers here. Keep that in mind.
Lisa, go get some water and sit down. Remember that, specifically, I can and will echochamber it if needed.

Oh, relaaax. I heard you were redecorating, thought I could lend you my assissstance.

And don't apologize- my earsss aren't as sssensssitive as anyone else in here.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Greenroom (An IC OOC/Meta Chat, OPEN!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus