Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Character Show-and-Tell!

Hey y'all! To get introductions out of the way: I'm a bit new to this site, and marginally new to RP. I've been writing all my life, but have always longed to co-op some thrilling adventures! My favorite genres are pre-technology fantasy and romance, but I'm a bit of a sucker for blood and guts with a side of betrayal. Please do feel free to introduce yourself!

Anyhow, onto the meat of the post! I thought a fun way to get into the community would be a character meet and greet! Not IC (In-Character) of course-- rather, sharing our character site links to put ourselves and our creativity out there. I encourage all of you to share your finished sites, your WIPs, and especially your character ideas! Rather than scrolling through the community characters one by one, I figured this would be a nice way to be involved and social with our character snooping.
I'll go ahead and push off a start! I encourage y'all to spread positivity and constructive questions/criticism! This is supposed to be an interactive forum afterall ;) Please do be kind to all who post
Here's one of my two (posted) charas: Tolkien Auber Character Site
However, I'm in the process of creating a satyr (25F). Does anyone have any sage advice they can grace on me to help me make my character creation as accurate as possible? Dnd, mythical, and headcanon knowledge are all welcome! I'm a bit lost :'(
heya welcome
59371e16bf2c92a158a0bf84e1e70bb6.gif

HELLO THERE AND WELCOME TO RPR!
Please do enjoy your stay and don't be shy to ask any questions.
Everyone is super friendly and would do their best to help you.
Anyway, have a good day and always take care!
See you around!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
Spikycactii wrote:
... but I'm a bit of a sucker for blood and guts with a side of betrayal.

I tend to like those kind as well... >:)

I can't help with the satyr, but Tolkien's profile looks lovely! There was a thread somewhere for showing off characters. Let me see if I can find it in case it's of interest.... hmmm...

Ah! Found it: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forums/topic/70099

Anyway, welcome! Happy RPing!
Spikycactii Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
There was a thread somewhere for showing off characters. !

Thank you! Much appreciated :)
Hello and welcome to RPR! I hope you're settling into the site okay!

As for creating a satyr, or any character of a race, I sort of read through a bunch of various sites starting with wikipedia and then kind of let myself fall down into a rabbit hole. I know a lot of people tend to also pick the traits that inspire them the most and apply that to their character, so even if you make something that isn't 100% accurate, as long as you're happy and having fun, that's what matters. :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers to making new friends and finding a lot of fun RPs to be a part of!
Spikycactii Topic Starter

@Somnom
Thank you! I hadn't thought of conducting research and basing a character like that! It sounds super fun to be honest. I'll do so right away! :'o thanks again!
Also, I wanted to mention that I've noticed your posts a sprinkled everywhere,, it's become a bit of an egg hunt for me to find your comments! I'm very happy that you are so involved in the community-- you make a lot of people feel very welcome! Thank you for your reply :)
Spikycactii wrote:
@Somnom
Thank you! I hadn't thought of conducting research and basing a character like that! It sounds super fun to be honest. I'll do so right away! :'o thanks again!
Also, I wanted to mention that I've noticed your posts a sprinkled everywhere,, it's become a bit of an egg hunt for me to find your comments! I'm very happy that you are so involved in the community-- you make a lot of people feel very welcome! Thank you for your reply :)

You're so very welcome! I think a lot of times people forget that folklores aren't super binding. Sure, there are traits that are found commonly, but a lot of cultures have different versions of the same creature in a sense. So there are many interpretations of the same thing. Plus, if you're writing fantasy, it's supposed to be fun and not a chore! :D

And thank you for the kind words!
Hello and welcome ! Hope u have fun!
Welcome to RPR, and enjoy your stay! Feel free to check out my profile to see what kind of characters I have. Most of them are from my imagination, and others are from previous RPs that have been deemed incomplete.
Pen_Tsunami

Hello! Welcome to RPR!
I’m into those topics to! But I stopped playing violence games since I grew tired of the same concept. But roleplays involving gore is fun! I like making comics with some gore in it to and NO I’m not a psychopath I meant that in a ‘it’s a horror comic’ way. A lot of people here love most of those topics so I’m sure it won’t be too hard to find someone to rp with! ( maybe me as well, ehehehe- )
Enjoy your time here tho!
Welcome to RPR! This is s wonderful site filled with friendly, creative people, there is something for everyone! I'm sure you will fit right in here and make lots of friends and play lots of great games! Happy gaming! 🤗
Hello, Spikycactii! :) Have a superb time on the RPRepository! :D I'm pleased to meet you.

I'm Shinyrainbowlithogra, or Shiny / SRL / Rainbow / etc., for short! I like romance, magic, intrigue, and stunning plot twists! I'm a big fan of dramatic fight scenes, and non-dramatic fight scenes, and I'm also kind of a fan of emotional bonds between characters, perhaps spanning time, space, and external forces-!!! ;D I like to read, I'm sort of getting back into writing and drawing, and piano and violin are some of my favorite instruments to listen to. Manga and anime are also pastimes I like. And cooking. And... Eating, mmf. Anyway, it's nice to be acquainted, and I hope you'll have a grand time here. Feel free to message me- I'd love to chat or discuss character building or awesome fantasy/myths stuffy stuff with you. :) Meanwhile, the Find RP forum is fantastic. The groups are great. The OOC chat threads are obviously full of delightful people. ;) So go check that stuff out, and maybe get involved in Epic Week! Whee, fun!

That's it from me! Have a good one, follow the rules, don't stop, believiiin'~! ;P Bye bye! 🌻🌷🌺 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 🌺🌷🌻
Salutations, and welcome to RPR!
Welcome to RPR, happy writing!
Mipps

Welcome to RPR :star: I hope you have lots of fun here!
Spikycactii wrote:
I thought a fun way to get into the community would be a character meet and greet! Not IC (In-Character) of course-- rather, sharing our character site links to put ourselves and our creativity out there. I encourage all of you to share your finished sites, your WIPs, and especially your character ideas! Rather than scrolling through the community characters one by one, I figured this would be a nice way to be involved and social with our character snooping.

This is my girl Rowan, who's an urban witch type character, although she originally started as a character for a Harry Potter rp lmao. She's definitely the character I've spent the most time on developing, especially her page on the RPR. Lotsa custom stuff there. XD
Spikycactii wrote:
Here's one of my two (posted) charas: Tolkien Auber Character Site
However, I'm in the process of creating a satyr (25F). Does anyone have any sage advice they can grace on me to help me make my character creation as accurate as possible? Dnd, mythical, and headcanon knowledge are all welcome! I'm a bit lost :'(

And I know this probably isn't what you're looking for, but I think it's really fun when characters have the essence of folklore or mythology (or fantasy or whatever) but the writers take their own little spin on it. I think that's what makes the characters truly unique and their own. That's just my take, though, haha!

Also, welcome to the RPR! I hope to see you around at Epic Week!!
Wow, that subject title was not what I expected to see in the introductions forum ahhaha

As for my finished characters...I don't have a lot that are actually finished, but here are some WIPs!

RouEn here for example is more of a character I made purely for aesthetic at first, but I realised that she is rather suitable for the slice-of-life/romance/hurt and comfort roleplays. She is basically my really old, but not really wise character XD

Also, while I don't know much about creating a satyr character, but I do have a harpy character. What I did most was to look into the characteristics and habits of their animal counterparts I suppose, and try to incorporate them into my character somehow- well, I say that, but she is still a major WIP and in 0 rp's so...

But oh wow, your character! Waah! Are you looking for a rp partner right now? He looks like he would be pretty interesting to roleplay with XD

Anyways-

Welcome on RPR! I hope you would have a great time here~ just in time for Epic Week as well XD
Hey there!! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here!! I think your idea would thrive a lot better on the Rp Discussion post, just so this post isn't constantly bumped to the top of introductions and some people don't get welcomed!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Character Show-and-Tell!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus