Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Contest

Claine wrote:
This is my second entry into the contest! (Not the third! I made the rookie mistake of getting too attached to one of the designs and withdrew them!) Here is a vampire representing supernatural!

ZpQn8YV.png

And Hi Res

The RPR Mascot contest has always been a bit of a milestone for me when it comes to art improvement. It's easy to flick back through my entries and compare my art year to year. So this entry is a callback to my first ever attempt in 2013 and when I'd just started drawing - Another vampire which can be seen here. (She did not make it into the jumble!)

Absolutely gorgeous ! I really love the coloring here and her expression <3
Zelphyr wrote:
I don't know how to get up an image I can display here without having to use another service anymore but ANYWAY.

May I present for scifi/cyberpunk/that sorta thing... a Cybergoth Plague Raver.

Please pardon the hideous coloring. The screen I had to work on is old and discolored (GOOD LORD THAT CAME OUT PINK) and I'm also just not good at shading. Or anatomy. Or perspective. Or making decent lines without excessive reliance on vector lines I can tweak endlessly into oblivion.

Full disclosure: I did not draw the tattoo on the shoulder. I warped a public commons image of the biohazard symbol into place.

Very cool

RPR-Mascot-Entry-Cybergoth-Plague-Raver.png
Heimdall wrote:
The bond between a dragon and rider is unlike any other. This young rider is just beginning their journey, and is using a vibration sensor to listen to their companion-to-be's heartbeat. It looks like they're happy with the checkup, but they shouldn't get too excited. It will take a while for that egg to hatch. Maybe we should check up on these two in one year's time?

2v8N5XN.png

((This entry works for Fantasy, though I tried to include some Sci-Fantasy elements! Normally my entries are a bit grander, but rest assured, I have a plan ...))

Absolutely adorable Heimdall :)
WELP I've been waffling on this for well over a month now. Might as well. A little bit of scifi, a little bit of ninja, and a little bit of Indian fashions.

jXRKLbu.png
Here's a spooky robot bride for the sci-fi category! I'm glad I finished her in time
R4seD4X.png
dazzelthat wrote:
Here's a spooky robot bride for the sci-fi category! I'm glad I finished her in time
R4seD4X.png

This is so super cute! Glad you made it in time <3

All the entries so far are downright amazing!! I can't wait to see what the lineup this year will be. It's gonna look awesome!
Zelphyr wrote:
I don't know how to get up an image I can display here without having to use another service anymore but ANYWAY.

May I present for scifi/cyberpunk/that sorta thing... a Cybergoth Plague Raver.

Please pardon the hideous coloring. The screen I had to work on is old and discolored (GOOD LORD THAT CAME OUT PINK) and I'm also just not good at shading. Or anatomy. Or perspective. Or making decent lines without excessive reliance on vector lines I can tweak endlessly into oblivion.

Full disclosure: I did not draw the tattoo on the shoulder. I warped a public commons image of the biohazard symbol into place.

Realized I'd forgotten some details. Updated.
AJ_89 wrote:
WELP I've been waffling on this for well over a month now. Might as well. A little bit of scifi, a little bit of ninja, and a little bit of Indian fashions.

jXRKLbu.png

Oooh, wowza...I really like this one...THE COLORS ARE SO PRETTY!! 💕
iR6FVT9.png

Here's my entry, very last minute this year sorry!

Submitting him for fantasy/anthro.

This guy's a sleazy, bootleg epicness merchant/vendor. He claims to sell epicness at a knockdown price but the items do not always (see: rarely) have the intended effects.

Full Size: https://i.imgur.com/0XdyiTA.png
aQ0dg0pr.png

An entry for the fantasy genre. :3
InquisitorCat wrote:
Here is my little wizard frog for the fantasy category
9758K1M.png

I love this too much
Degu wrote:
iR6FVT9.png

Here's my entry, very last minute this year sorry!

Submitting him for fantasy/anthro.

This guy's a sleazy, bootleg epicness merchant/vendor. He claims to sell epicness at a knockdown price but the items do not always (see: rarely) have the intended effects.

Full Size: https://i.imgur.com/0XdyiTA.png

OMG I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH‼
Woah, how'd I double post?
QR-Pastel and I collaborated to make this steampunk scientist gal ^_^ She's ready to break multiple laboratory safety rules

beary.png
Photo finish, getting an entry in last minute! This guy's some kind of bird priest, he loves laws and being better than you. Submitting under creature and fantasy!

jJpHEvl.png

Full version is here!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY do I have my work cut out for me this year!!! Thank you to everyone for giving me such amazing problems <3
Keo

Kotomi657 wrote:
A shy girl for the fantasy genre. She runs a potion shop and will happily nerd out if you let her.

1590731554750.png

This is so peaceful and exactly what I needed to see right now, thank you! <3

I'm over here trying to build the genre jumble but no matter what I do this group keeps clumping up together to show each other their various shinies. That moth is a serious instigator of Shiny Appreciation Club.

shinies.png

Also, winner's raffle numbers pulled here: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forums/topic/84751

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Contest

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus