Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » How much would you lose if RPR poofed today?

You can't go anywhere, Kim. You must live forever. We demand it.
Kim Site Admin

Highjinx wrote:

No problem I'll get right on that!
Kim wrote:
Highjinx wrote:

No problem I'll get right on that!

Perfect! XD
Nothing.

Nearly everything I have saved in my characters pages are in Microsoft Word.

...Yes, I tend to write stuff in word first and then place it in my websites. IDK, don't know how to explain it, rofl.
Pretty much everything. I haven't backed up anything...which I am suddenly going to go due cause I have the heebie jeebies now.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Earendill wrote:
What if Kim gets assassinated by a bunch of anti-RP ninjas?

Those anti-RP ninjas would then have a very angry Sith Lord hunting them down ;)
My initial reaction:
b7AVud8.gif

Afterwards:
s0b8vIH.gif
Let me die.

Now I am going to go back up my character info...
I wouldn't lose anything, really. All my characters are in MSW and all I would say I would really lose, is a way to roleplay with the characters in some meaningful matter instead of basically roleplaying with myself. Which, as it sounds, is probably not fun at all.
I'd sob. Tremendous amounts.

And then I'd remember this thread and all the stuff I have saved on the back up file.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to keep extra files of everything, and the mini heart attack.
Kim wrote:
I would lose...
In fact I think when I eventually draft a will I'd want to include provisions for keeping the RPR online as long as I could... No one would be here to fix bugs or whatever, but you could all use it until it decayed into dust. XD

Or you could get a protegé and train it for the new age of RPR.
EdtheNeko Topic Starter

Valie wrote:
I'd sob. Tremendous amounts.

And then I'd remember this thread and all the stuff I have saved on the back up file.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to keep extra files of everything, and the mini heart attack.

You're welcome :3 Its always a good habit to keep backups of certain images or info.
2u6ebnm.jpg
BUT WHY IS THE RUM RPR GONE?!
dOWJ1cQ.gif
The characters would be a bummer but...

I think my biggest loss would be a way to keep in contact with my good friends here. I can contact a couple of them through DA or Furc but not all of them and that's unsettling. I'd miss 'em alot. uwu.
I wouldn't lose any characters, and I keep in touch with the people I've met here outside of the site.

So, nothing.

Nothing at all.

#winning
Sanne Moderator

The_Ross wrote:
I wouldn't lose any characters, and I keep in touch with the people I've met here outside of the site.

So, nothing.

Nothing at all.

#winning

You can deny it all you want. We both know you would be filled with a sense of dread and despair and your life would never be the same ever again. Such is the way of the RPR. <3
Well, it would be different in the sense that it would be improved. So, yes, you are correct.
PANGAEA

A lot, actually. We all would. As inactive as I am, we would all lose something very precious that RPR has provided us: community.
I'd loose everything, because I could go back everything up. But there's one problem, I have a thing and it follows me around named procrastination. Sure, I could do what everyone else is doing and back everything up but five minutes from now I would have likely forgotten all about it and just carried on with life as normal. RPR is an integrated part of my RP life (which takes up about 16 hours of my day), it's my homepage, pretty much my facebook, and every single one of my characters have been migrated into it and I absolutely refuse to use any other platform for websites and the like because this one is So amazing!

So if anything did happen to it, I'd probably look like this:
tumblr_mh16rzgmc11qchcl4o1_500.gif
tumblr_mi3tdjJjY91s1imglo1_250.gif

And then promptly loose my mind. 8D

tl;dr I love you guys.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » How much would you lose if RPR poofed today?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus