Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Unpopular video game opinions

I enjoyed playing Dragon Age 2! There I said it! Yes the levels are repetitive and it's super short and SCREWYOUANDERSYOUPUSSY but there were some great characters, interesting themes and it's one of the first and only times I've enjoyed playing a melee rogue in that franchise. So there!
Dndmama wrote:
I enjoyed playing Dragon Age 2! There I said it! Yes the levels are repetitive and it's super short and SCREWYOUANDERSYOUPUSSY but there were some great characters, interesting themes and it's one of the first and only times I've enjoyed playing a melee rogue in that franchise. So there!

DA2 is the best dragon age game so far if only because of the characters; This game has my favorite characters ever. Also, same - I didn't much mind the repetitive caves and stuff, I just loved the crazy character hijinks lol - I kinda appreciated how small scale this game was in its scope - there wasn't any real "End of the world" type of stuff (at least as I saw it / how I remember it), which was kinda nice for once lol
IloveFenriswaytoomuchokayshutup
mass effect 3 had an amazing ending to end the series on and i love the final choice making in the game. that said, Andromeda wasn't THAT terrible as everyone thought. people were just still sad about ME3 that it tainted the amazing feeling that Andromeda gave
Cryptal wrote:
mass effect 3 had an amazing ending to end the series on and i love the final choice making in the game. that said, Andromeda wasn't THAT terrible as everyone thought. people were just still sad about ME3 that it tainted the amazing feeling that Andromeda gave

I too enjoyed ME3 and it's endings. Solidarity.
I actually came in just to say I loved ME: Andromeda and Dragon Age 2 myself. Okay, Inquistion has my favorite characters... but that's beside the point.
Unpopular opinion; I love the Saints Row series but GTA V is borderline unplayable and I don't get the hype for it at all. I tried to like it, I tried to get into the online to see if that's where the magic happens, but... no. It's probably just not for me, but that's odd considering a very similar franchise sits among my top 50.
Final Fantasy IX and X are the best FF games. While 7 is good (OG, not remake) it's combat system was a bit screwy for a FF game. The game just felt to distant. The storyline was spectacular, but the lack of a consistent battle mechanic made it feel weird to transition from 4 and 6 to 7 (Haven't played 5 and I refuse to based off of what I've seen.
Taramafor

There are actually people that consider the Phantom Pain a "polished" and "finished" game. It's clearly not. There'c countless evidence to this claim.

1: kojima quit (or was let go?) BEFORE the game was fully developed. He's the heart and soul dang it.
2: There's an ENTIRE MISSION/ENDING that was CUT OUT. You can youtube the cut content.
3: Repeated missions halfway through (seriously?)

But most importantly of all patrols in the "open world" were SERVERY LACKING. You get like 2 guys on a road very rarely at most. No "groups" or "armies". No hunting for you. No wanted level or anything to that effect where you can hide and run and fight without being in a mission. Can you imagine how much better the game would have been with enemy APCs on the road and helicopters flying around as you travel where you have to be careful outside of missions? That game needed it badly.

It's a decent, even good game. But it could most certainty have been better. Also, anyone know of any mods for the game that would address the above? That would be awesome.
This is gonna sound super silly, but I freaking loved the Barbie: Super Model game for SNES. It came out in 1992, I think??? Sometimes, I'll still play it online through simulators and what have you. Same with the Barbie game for NES that came out in 1991. >_>
Oh man. Pixie's post reminded me of something I'm not super proud of but I can't deny. I really enjoyed the Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball game on my original XBox way back in the day. The mini games were fun, okay?! And they had all the dress up options that you could unlock for the girls and the locations were pretty and I got pretty good at the actual volleyball... It...it wasn't ground breaking and yea I know it wasn't made for straight girls like me but I had fun and that's all that matters!
Hot take: the only game that will ever drive me to buy another Nintendo product: a Yoshi Story port.

I don’t care about the Marios and the Animal Crossings, I don’t give a rat’s rip about any other fat Nintendo game. Not even Pokemon, much as I love Pokemon. No other game exists that would drive me to buy a switch or anything— unless it’s Yoshi Story.

Srs faxx, like I was tempted by the Mario 64 thing they’re doing with the switch but...

But...

Yoshis. Excellent game. Challenging, fun, adorable. Soundtrack? It slaps. Whupping Baby Bowser’s butt? Satisfying. Eating fruit and finding the fancy black and white yoshis? YES. Easily one of the absolute best titles N64 ever carried. Slam dunks Mario 64. Kinda scratches Zeldas but that fishing game in Ocarina of Time makes the Zeldas competitive in a vs with the Yoshis. Those who haven’t spent hours blepping at fruit and throwing eggs were robbed of an experience on par with some kinda...pure spiritual and existential enlightenment.

Go. Go yeet those Yoshis. Find them and discover the only game in Nintendo’s library that matters.
I'd rather play something short but with good story, than something long with little to none. What I greatly enjoyed about undertale is that it was a short game with plently to work off of, which kept you thinking for hours on what could happen and wanting more. As much as I love games like Fallout, I can't help but think those games are just actually really short with most of the gameplay just being filler until plot involved moments. Go to raider base, get thing, get back, and repeat. And even when you do something bad, your actions seem to have little to no consequence on you, everyone's just like "hey you blew up that one place, I hate you" and then go on with their day, yet the entire town tries to murder you if you steal a paper plate.
the Chicken Run game for PS1 is harder than most metal gear solid games. I love both.
I love me some Sonic the Hedgehog, and I say that those who say it's too fast-paced are missing an important point: the game is supposed to start off awkward to control. It's the kind of game that is designed to be replayed until you master it and blaze through the stages like a freaking boss! Once you get to that level, it's like butter-smooth speedy goodness.

Oh, and I liked Sonic and the Black Knight.
WarioWare for Wii is why I've kept my Wii for what like, 12 years now? Easily the best party game available.
The shooting in the early halo games feels clunky and inconsistent. It favors hard hitting weapons and burst damage way too much as seen in weapons like the shotgun, sniper, battle rifle, grenades, rocket launchers, and so on.
i think my opinion is more unpopular along teenage boys but playing simulation games like the sims and animal crossing makes you just as much of a gamer as somebody who plays more violent video games (cs:go, cod). like to be a gamer, you just have to play a video game, that’s it
Fallout 4 had a lot of potential, which is why it's such a shame it's poor quality. Both me and my friend wanted to love the game, but we see a lot of inconsistency within the guests, story, lore and some of the character development.
Well, the whole world might hate it, but I at least keep it high on my list just because in the end I do love it's dark sense of humor, some of the guests or ideas and especially the characters. And along with my friend we can nerd about it and together fix it with our own headcanons or structure changes.
Honestly, Sonic Generations and Mania were pretty overhyped! Sonic Mania is one of the games my nephew has, and I played it after he begged me to! First off, Knuckles was incredibly slow and I used to love playing as him because he was pretty fast, and glided and climbed quick, not on this game. Knuckles was unfun to play as!
I also thought the new levels were ‘meh’ except Studiopolis.
The music wasn’t that impressive, either.

Sonic Generations… I don’t even want to get started!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Unpopular video game opinions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus