Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » A belated introduction

Hello there,

You can call me, Oligophrenic, or just Oligo, it is nice to meet you.
Roleplaying is one of my favourite hobbies, but sadly enough I haven't been having good experiences when it comes to it, so I thought that maybe trying out once again, freshly, would help me overcome certain anxiety I have over roleplaying and interacting with roleplayers, in general.

When it comes to hobbies, there are several things that I like to do, for example:
    - Horseriding
    - Swimming
    - Reading
    - Writing
    - Drawing
    - Playing TTRPGs
    - Watching films, series and anime
    - Listening to music

Unfortunately, I don't do many of them consistently, because time plays an important factor in that.

When it comes to roleplaying, I believe I am relatively recent to it, as I have only been roleplaying for 2-3 years now, but it is something that I find entertaining, and I get so attached to the characters in general (expect me fangirling over characters a lot XD). My favourite types of roleplays are horror-based (especially if they have some Lovecraftian and/or psychological influence), thriller, suspense, mystery, historical, sci-fi, cyberpunk and steampunk. Dark topics are something I usually introduce in a lot of my roleplays, but I try my best to establish great communication with my roleplaying partners and to know their limits and preferences, as well as discussing trigger issues. Communication is key!

I hope to get to know you! Thank you so much for reading :D
Hey Oligophrenic! Welcome to RPR! :)

Hopefully you can find some fantastic partners or groups here to RP with! The genres you listed, at least some of them, are popular here. If you haven't already, check out the Find RP tool to search for games currently recruiting for players.

I haven't tried a Lovecraftian style RP before, but I imagine that it might be fun!

PS. Always great to meet some fellow writers that know horses! <3
Hello and welcome to the site, Oligo!

I hope you're settling in okay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are ton of people around willing to help out.

Cheers to making new friends and having a ton of fun RPs! :D
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
MordosKull

Greetings and well met.
β™‘π’’π“‡π‘’π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’²π‘’π“π’Έπ‘œπ“‚π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 π’žπ‘œπ“‚π“‚π“Šπ“ƒπ’Ύπ“‰π“Ž!β™‘

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!β™‘
Morrigan

tumblr_op5jtaaOGp1t0hhm9o1_400.gif

Hello and welcome to RPR! I hope you are ready to find all sorts of interesting writing styles and potential writing partners...and maybe even a few friends! This is a great role play community, and there is so much here to use for resources, for suggestions, or for tips to improve your own writing! I wish you the best of luck!

Once you have your character(s) build, and are ready to get them out for interest, don’t forget to check out the Looking for Roleplay forum, here.

That being said, remember to have fun, and best of luck!
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Oligophrenic Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Hey Oligophrenic! Welcome to RPR! :)

Hopefully you can find some fantastic partners or groups here to RP with! The genres you listed, at least some of them, are popular here. If you haven't already, check out the Find RP tool to search for games currently recruiting for players.

I haven't tried a Lovecraftian style RP before, but I imagine that it might be fun!

PS. Always great to meet some fellow writers that know horses! <3
Thank you so much :)

That's awesome, sometimes it is a bit hard to find roleplaying partners for some genres/plots, but I am really enthusiastic about exploring more and actually maybe even step aside from my comfort zone. I have given it a glance over, but I think I definitely need to dive deep into that part of the site.

Oh, I love those types of roleplays! Both text-based roleplays that fall under such category, but also TTRPGs, like Call of Cthulhu! It is great for cosmic horror fans!

Indeed, equestrian squad over here hahah

MissPixie wrote:
Hello and welcome to the site, Oligo!

I hope you're settling in okay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are ton of people around willing to help out.

Cheers to making new friends and having a ton of fun RPs! :D
Thank you so much for the availability! I am so eager to explore this community and actually meet new people :D
See you around!

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
ChocolateIceCream wrote:
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
MordosKull wrote:
Greetings and well met.
Thank you all so much for the warm welcoming, I hope to see you around :D

adriticellai wrote:
β™‘π’’π“‡π‘’π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’²π‘’π“π’Έπ‘œπ“‚π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 π’žπ‘œπ“‚π“‚π“Šπ“ƒπ’Ύπ“‰π“Ž!β™‘

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!β™‘
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!
That is fantastic, I am very enthusiastic about roleplaying here and meeting new people, as well as improving my writing skills, but, experiment new things and, most importantly, to have fun alongside the way.

Thank you so much, you too!

Morrigan wrote:
tumblr_op5jtaaOGp1t0hhm9o1_400.gif

Hello and welcome to RPR! I hope you are ready to find all sorts of interesting writing styles and potential writing partners...and maybe even a few friends! This is a great role play community, and there is so much here to use for resources, for suggestions, or for tips to improve your own writing! I wish you the best of luck!

Once you have your character(s) build, and are ready to get them out for interest, don’t forget to check out the Looking for Roleplay forum, here.

That being said, remember to have fun, and best of luck!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and for the insight! I am really looking forward to meet new people, but also to improve my writing and, most importantly, to have fun by roleplaying! It is great that there are several resources, and I'll be sure to check them out, as well as the roleplay searching section.

Thank you so much, see you around!

Rachel2876 wrote:
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Thank you so much for the availability! See you around!
Hey there! Welcome to the RPRepository. :) Glad to have you here, and we hope you'll have a wonderful time! :D

It seems you have a lot of interests- that's great! Thank you for sharing with us. :D I personally enjoy reading, writing, and some form of art, as well as a few musical pursuits. I don't play a whole lot, though. I can do... kazoo... And maybe a few things on an ocarina. Hahaha! I like sci-fi and fantasy, and I like some sword-and-sorcery stuff, too! I like mythology, historical fiction, and slice-of-life. Also drama, comedy, romance... riddles, sometimes... I haven't ridden a horse, I suppose, but they do look cool. I like cooking. Uhhhh.
Moving on! :P There are Guides in the dropdown menu, so you can figure out how to get around the site, and where to get what information, and how to do things. :P :P :) :) :D And there's a Help section with a lot of handy-dandy things in it! :) There are moderators, to whom you may speak by using the Mod Request button. That's for if you're having a lot of trouble. Or if someone's being bullied. Or something like that.
There are forums, threads, groups, art, and uh, introductions, but I'm pretty sure you know about that last one already. :P :) :D
So, to get started you can just jump right in, or get used to the site and just chat around a little bit first, or something. :P :) :P :)
Anyway, I'll probably be seeing you around. I'm on here every now and then. You can feel free to message me if you want to! :) I'd be glad to chat, worldbuild, or banter around weird questions like Does pineapple really go on pizza? Which Lord of The Rings book is most readable? How many times can you safely watch the Harry Potter movies in one night before going slightly insane?
And then I might respond with such questions as, Is the pineapple chopped up? How much time have you got to read the books, and also have you got a dictionary and/or a fun reading lamp or something? And, Do you have a Time-Turner or are you going to cram the movies in all at once in a normal-er human way? :P :) :D

Anyway. That was sorta fun to write. :P Heehee. I'll be seeing you around, probably, but in the meantime just have fun, be good, and let your creative juices flow! :D :) :P Bye bye! :) :) :) :) :) :P :3 :D :P :D ✽ <3 πŸ’ <3 🌺 <3 🌷 <3 🌹 <3 πŸ€ <3 🌼 <3 🌻 <3 🌷 <3 ❀ <3 ✀ <3 🌸 <3 πŸ’ <3 πŸ€ <3 🌻 <3 🌼 ❀
And a belated welcome to RPR to you!!! :D
Hello! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have wonderful experiences with all of us! Good luck to you!
OjVcdsk.png
SALUTATIONS!
Welcome to RPR, I am Salazar and it's lovely to meet you! This is a great site, everyone is very friendly and helpful here, so don't be afraid to ask for help or advice at any point, we've got a wonderful community of people who would be more than happy to help. But here's a few tips on getting started:

- If you're looking to post a looking for roleplay post: go here. We also have a looking for adult roleplays forum, but you will need to go into your settings to be able to view that if you are 18+.
- Always make sure you address what kind of roleplay themes and writer styles you are looking for when making a LF RPs post. This prevents any misunderstandings.
- Don't be afraid to tell people if you can't respond or don't want to respond to a roleplay any more. Whether it's due to problems IRL or just a lack of motivation, we'd prefer to be told you'd like to stop the RP rather than being ghosted.

That's all from me for now, but I do hope you'll start some amazing RPs and make some awesome friends on this site!

Sincerely,
Salazar.

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Hey there! Welcome to the RPRepository. :) Glad to have you here, and we hope you'll have a wonderful time! :D

It seems you have a lot of interests- that's great! Thank you for sharing with us. :D I personally enjoy reading, writing, and some form of art, as well as a few musical pursuits. I don't play a whole lot, though. I can do... kazoo... And maybe a few things on an ocarina. Hahaha! I like sci-fi and fantasy, and I like some sword-and-sorcery stuff, too! I like mythology, historical fiction, and slice-of-life. Also drama, comedy, romance... riddles, sometimes... I haven't ridden a horse, I suppose, but they do look cool. I like cooking. Uhhhh.
Moving on! :P There are Guides in the dropdown menu, so you can figure out how to get around the site, and where to get what information, and how to do things. :P :P :) :) :D And there's a Help section with a lot of handy-dandy things in it! :) There are moderators, to whom you may speak by using the Mod Request button. That's for if you're having a lot of trouble. Or if someone's being bullied. Or something like that.
There are forums, threads, groups, art, and uh, introductions, but I'm pretty sure you know about that last one already. :P :) :D
So, to get started you can just jump right in, or get used to the site and just chat around a little bit first, or something. :P :) :P :)
Anyway, I'll probably be seeing you around. I'm on here every now and then. You can feel free to message me if you want to! :) I'd be glad to chat, worldbuild, or banter around weird questions like Does pineapple really go on pizza? Which Lord of The Rings book is most readable? How many times can you safely watch the Harry Potter movies in one night before going slightly insane?
And then I might respond with such questions as, Is the pineapple chopped up? How much time have you got to read the books, and also have you got a dictionary and/or a fun reading lamp or something? And, Do you have a Time-Turner or are you going to cram the movies in all at once in a normal-er human way? :P :) :D

Anyway. That was sorta fun to write. :P Heehee. I'll be seeing you around, probably, but in the meantime just have fun, be good, and let your creative juices flow! :D :) :P Bye bye! :) :) :) :) :) :P :3 :D :P :D ✽ <3 πŸ’ <3 🌺 <3 🌷 <3 🌹 <3 πŸ€ <3 🌼 <3 🌻 <3 🌷 <3 ❀ <3 ✀ <3 🌸 <3 πŸ’ <3 πŸ€ <3 🌻 <3 🌼 ❀
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

That's so interesting! I have never played an ocarina, but they sound so pleasantly :D Sci-fi is definitely one of my favourite roleplaying genres, and it is always so interesting to mess around with science. Even though lately I have been really interested in doing so alongside with historical fiction. It is fun to distort slightly how some scientific events happened. And damn, cooking is so good! In my case, especially if they are savoury foods :) What's your favourite food? And what do you like to cook the most?
Thank you so much! I have been working on a roleplay interest check and also on a character, and even though the whole aesthetic thing isn't perfect at all, I am rather pleasant with the result, and the BBCode resources are great! I love them! It's really easy and functional! I'll definitely keep it in mind :)
I'll definitely going to check the site around, aside from the Find RP page. It really seems a friendly community, and honestly, that is all I ask for!
Thank you so much! My PMs are always open as well, being it to roleplay, worldbuilding, or just to have a casual chat.
Oh goodness, I guess I can easily answer them hahahah So, pineapple on pizza... I don't think that there is anything wrong with it, but as I don't like pineapple, it's a no for me XD When it comes to LotR hum... I like all books, to be honest, The Fellowship of the Ring is definitely my favourite one. When it comes to Harry Potter films, I am always ready to binge watch them! Bring on the popcorn hahah

It was so nice to meet you! See you around as well! Thank you so much <3 <3 <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » A belated introduction

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus