Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Cris thought it over, lightly tapping the muzzle of her mask.

"Well... I don't think it's a bad thing for two different but equally valid reasons. If you got any reason to suspect that the contract's rigged, or has anything fishy 'bout it - it warrants against such tricks, and if the contract holder's in bad faith, your going over every little detail is bound to make 'em nervous - so you can get further confirmation of already existing suspicions."

"Second reason is... somewhat more amusing", she explained, a shadow of what could have been a smirk briefly lighting up her eyes. "Dates back from my pirate days - but well, reading a contract real thoroughly means you can see better where and how to infringe it without being caught! That was the rule in pirate duels; know the rules, know how to break them."

"Speaking of which! What's your opinion on pirates?"
Holly (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"I would get in a lot of trouble if certain people heard me say this..." Holly paused briefly, as if to assure herself that 'certain people' would not hear her. "...But I think pirates are really cool. They get to travel the seas and disobey laws... it sounds so freeing. Dangerous, too... which is probably why I haven't run away to join a crew yet." She had a thoughtful, almost wistful look, that she quickly replaced with a more stoic expression. "I'm only kidding, I swear. I could never actually— I have too many obligations..." She frowned slightly, shaking her head.
"Hm. Just, nevermind. I'd like to know what your opinion is on... true love. It's kind of cheesy, I know, but I'd still like to hear an answer."
"True lo--"

For a moment, just for a moment, words failed the masked vigilante. She breathed deeply - whether to steady herself or hold back tears was hard to say. And for the same split instant she seemed... vulnerable, almost frail.

"True love is that kind of thing that changes you - the way you look at the world and stuff. And it never happens the way you think it will. It gives you a new perspective and more stregth that you ever could fathom yourself having... and when there are difficult times, for there always are - it gives you the certainty that you'll see it through with the one person who means all the world and more to you." A sound, similar to an embarassed laugh, escaped her. "Well... it's how it is - how it was for me, at any rate. Guess I didn't help much with the cheesy factor...." She shrugged and looked away - a strange glimmer to her eyes as she did so.

"Well, on a lighter note... what's your opinion on, hmm... something fun and thrilling. Rollercoasters!"
Zubairad (played by hexblading)

"'Rollercoasters', you say? I don't believe I've ever heard of the contraption. Could you, in your simplest terms, explain to me what it is?" He'd ask, and wait for an explanation. Once one was given, Zubairad spent quite some time pacing to fully ponder the notion of high-risk entertainment. If the frown on his face didn't portray his given distaste of the idea of being strapped in a small metal unit and being launched at high speeds, then nothing would.

"My opinion is that to call it unsafe would be a good place to start, and unwise a follow-up. No, I do not care for the safety guards; they are mere contingencies, if what you described is true. They could come off at any time, as any item could give way with wear and tear. Constant vigilance is necessary. It is too large a risk for only a minute's worth of screaming and a blood rush; that you can achieve by me roaring in their face, free of charge. No children of mine are going on board that contraption at any point of time in their lives." He huffed, drawing his arms across his chest.

"That being said, what is the next person's opinion on music?"
"Are you kiddin' me?" Mixie entered the fray, seated comfortably on a ledge, peering down as if she were a gargoyle. "Music is one of my favourite things!"

She readjusted herself, sitting herself down and crisscrossing her mutated legs. "Here's a fun fact for ya, did ya know I was wantin' to be a music teacher back in my human days? That's right, the big bad demon loves playin' guitar! I wasn't in a band or anythin', but I was an A student in music class, y'know."

Mixie sighs sentimentally. "Been ages since I last picked up an instrument. I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't miss it."

"Now, what's your opinion on guitars? Do you like the sound of 'em, or do you prefer some other instrument?"
Sascha (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Guitars are great! I mean, I love the sound of all sorts of instruments, but I can actually play the guitar pretty well... Though it's been a while for me too." Sascha shrugged. There was clearly more she could say to expand upon that last note, but she wasn't going to.
"So uh. Hmmm... What's your opinion on doing stuff in front of a crowd? Public speaking, music, acting, whatever. Just, having an audience I guess."
Midnight (played by Icysoul)

Midnight flicked his tail. "I honestly do not care." He muttered. "As long as I can get stuff done."

"What's your opinion on revenge?"
Lazarus Mercury (played by Avalon)

"A wise man once said, "When embarking on a journey of revenge, one must first dig two graves.", which is a stupid quote, because I'll be killing more than two people. Vengeance and justice come from two separate places, you want justice so a man never does what he did to someone else ever again, you want vengeance so they never do it to you again. Some folks like to think justice is handcuffs and court rooms and vengeance is blood and shallow graves, I prefer not to see the two as mutually exclusive. If someone had buried Cain in a shallow grave perhaps the world would be a better place. They say if you kill a murderer then the number of murderers in the world doesn't change, I argue the one who said that didn't kill enough murderers."

"That's your opinion on horror movies and their monsters? Zombies seem to be rather popular, vampires and werewolves have pretty much fallen off the public radar."
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

Lazarus Mercury wrote:
"That's your opinion on horror movies and their monsters? Zombies seem to be rather popular, vampires and werewolves have pretty much fallen off the public radar."

"Well, I haven't given my opinion in this, but I think you meant to say 'What's'?

"I like the old school movies... Frankenstein and Dracula from the 1930's are awesome!"

"What is your character's opinion on cosplay?"
Xaria Li (played by Yohanon)

Xaria beamed at the prospect of Cosplay "Ooh, it's great! You get to see so many fans show their love and appreciation for fun icons from all over pop culture. Costumes are fun, imaginative, and people seem to have a great time gathering, showing off their skills, and having fun!

"What's your opinion on Parallel Universes?"
G. Hectic (played by GLiTCh)

Glitch walks out a portal, waving goodbye to a group of himselves. "Oh, that's a pretty good question. I'd have to say It's odd. Like, experiences make the person, so all the parallel Me's are all different people. Hell, the evil me, if you can call him that, still chills out with this me" he points at himself "To was movies sometimes. So, in conclusion... Confusing." he closes his eyes and smiles an exhausted expression.

"Well, what's your opinion of Magic?"
Sigtýr's scarred ears go lopsided as he considered the topic. His gaze wandered as his arms come to fold, shifting his weight between his feet.

"I not having much strong feeling, I think," he replied. His Common was heavily accented with the pronunciations of his native Ravanese. "My wife, she use magic. Is simple magic, normal. Using it for garden and on tree. She part of people who protecting Golmore Jungle. We all is, but. . ."

He did so no longer. His lips thinned a moment.

"Earth magic making me think of her. So I like it. My kind - Gilda, of 'fire' - strong feeling in fire magic. Just like Nong, of 'ice', strong feeling in ice magic. Or 'Dvre' for lightning. Every Wood-warder of every element make magic balance. He not needing be mage. It just is."

He finished off with a shrug.

"What is your feeling. . . sorry? Opinion on. . . I think word is 'nostalgia'? Good feeling of old thing. Do you want it go away? Or do you enjoying?"

What is your character's opinion on nostalgia?
Eulogy (played anonymously)

Eulogy tilted her head as she cupped her chin in one hand in thought "I suppose I have not given it much thought. While I remember memories that can be considered as feeling good, I have no type of sentimental attachment to them."

She finally just shrugs her shoulders "In my opinion nostalgia is a useless and unnecessary concept...at least to me."

"What is your opinion on artificial life such as myself? Not born but created?"
Amukhat (played by Leighoflight)

Amu had to sit down and think for a moment before answering. “I can’t say I’ve met many artificial creatures…I suppose that raises a lot of questions before forming an opinion. Such as is it an imitation of everything about a living creature or just parts? I’d have so many questions that I don’t think would be able to form a concise answer to your question.” She smiled.

“How about you?” Looking to the next to answer “whats your opinion on altering life? As in twisting something beyond its nature?”
Metallic, heaving breaths filled the void when the hunched-over shadow that'd been looming over Amu showed its face. For a strange and unsettling change, there was no hunger or desire for feast in Clickjaw's eyes- instead, it looked down at the sphinx with empty, gloomy despair. To alter life itself. He was an expert at such things; the beast knew this all too well, being one of His creations itself. Opting to stare into the soul behind the two 'normal' eyes on Amu's face, Click finally unhinged its lower maw to speak.

"…..ppppaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnnfffffffuuuuuuullllll.." croaked the choir of ghostly voices in the beast's swollen throat. "…..ttttttooooo ccccchhhhhhaaaaannnnnngeeeee issssssss ttttooooo mmmmmaaaaaaaaimmmmm…" Not everything required an full-on flood of words to be explained. In fact, Clickjaw's - or was it Him, speaking for it, this time? - lack of wordiness showed exactly the sort of 'maiming caused by altering life' that it had spoken of. Therion weren't physically able to talk, and yet here it was, having word after word wrung out of its malformed throat, to pain beyond describing. To demonstrate its point even further, Click tried to straighten its crooked spine a bit to push its chest forward, extending its arms to the side as it did so to showcase the throbbing source of its agony and, well, alternation. Withered muscles, protruding, lumpy bones. A drabby, rotten skin ravaged by post-pock craters, and at the center of it all, the glowing green growth that had consumed its once soft and human belly. Pushing the natural to become unnatural was a crime against existence itself, and Clickjaw aspired to be the living proof of this.

Alas, there was no saving this abomination no more. He knew this, and that was exactly why for those few seconds of speaking and admitting how much He was hurting the beast, it was allowed to do so freely. No amount of resistance could reverse the effects of Click's malformation.. which in turn, offered a plateful of interesting food for thought. Because, wonder, what would the next person's opinion be on the existence (or lack thereof) of 'irreversible' changes? Would they believe that no mistake could be undone, or would they believe that there is always hope and redemption for those who try hard enough to change the past?
"Hmmmm... This question seems right up my alley."

Mixie seemed calm this time. She once had a seat in the same boat that Clickjaw was festering in. To think, they were both relatively normal for once in their lives. Now, they were both deformed monsters, mutations plaguing their body, their main instinct to fill their stomachs with the flesh of the innocent. The amount of lives it costs to do that... That, too, is irreversible.

"Listen, irreversible changes? They're real, and they sure do happen. To different people, for different reasons," Mixie side-eyed the ground. "Most of the time, they happen if you're just an unlucky bastard. I mean, hey, I know I was. I never asked to be a demon, y'know. But accidents happen, and BOOM! Suddenly somethin' happens to ya that you just can't undo."

Mixie couldn't undo the damage done to her own body, much like the abysmally mutated Therion in front of her. Her legs were stretched and reformed the most severely, there'd be no removing the extra arms from underneath her pits, and she could've sworn all her normal teeth had fallen out when she underwent the transformation, only to be replaced by bone-shattering fangs.

"As they say, the past is in the past. Really, once any change happens, you're stuck with it," Mixie smirked. "Even if you somehow managed to change it back, the impact it once had will never go away. Life isn't fair to anyone! And it expects you to adapt to the curveballs it throws at ya. It sucks, but ehh. If I'm gonna be stuck this way forever, I might as well enjoy myself, y'know?"

"Let's keep the train rollin'! I'm likin' this conversation," Mixie's hunger-filled eyes turned to the next person. "You! What's your opinion on redemption then, hmmmm? Do you think even after such a drastic change, things can take a turn for the better?"
"Redemption, now?"

She repeated that word as if enthralled by it - but it was an act. A moment later, the artificial woman gave into a contemptuous laugh that was too bitter, and too nasty, to bide anything good.

"Redemption is merely another term that people", her voice echoed with a deep fury, "use as a last-effort excuse when they are at the short end of the rope! What IS there to redemption? Just the whines of the losers who beg for a second chance, who tear their hair and promise, distraught, that they won't repeat the same mistakes over again... hah!"

"You know", Derane continued, shaking her black hair pensively, "there's people who _revel_ in getting their opponents to the curb so the can hear that plead, that promise for redemption. Maybe it's just how... what's the human term... oh yes, how they get their kicks, or maybe it makes them feel in power." She grinned deviously, a smile that lacked any warmth or humanity. "Myself, I've alwyas preferred to hear my opponents scream in agony - I find that much more rewarding than some pathetic, stupid promise of redemption!"

Her face changed expression so quickly it was almost sickening to try to keep up with it. One moment she was relishing in her own cruelty, the next irritated at the mere thought of her enemies imploring forgiveness - and, with Derane, it was just a matter of beats before irritated became angry ad angry became furious.

So when she turned sharply to the next person, her eyes were completely wild. "You!" she barked sternly. "What's your opinion on justice?"
A'sallit (played by hexblading)

"Justice? Well, by definition it is an act borne of the laws of the land, but when we pick it further apart, the concept of justice is only relative, is it not?" The scholar mused, tilting his head. "One man's justice may stem from a system meant to oppress, thus damning those it subjects itself to. Another man's justice may simply be wild vigilantism, putting innocents as well as their intended targets in danger.

Nevertheless, they are ad theorem various concepts of justice themselves. What I'm basically saying is that anyone can talk themselves to thinking what they do is just, but as with every action, someone will view their act as questionable at best, tyrannical at worst. In short, justice is only a vehicle for one's sense of morality, and it is as varied as the amount of people alive at any given point of time. No more, no less."

A'sallit then let out a soft laugh, and leaned further into his chair. "But do ignore me, lest I prattle into tomorrow."

"What is your opinion on the concept of the lesser of two evils?"
Ikar (played anonymously)

"There will always be evil in everything we do." Icarus murmured against the black tips of his fingers, elbow resting on whatever surface. Chin heavy in his velvety palm. "Mn, there was a time where I wished to boil myself like water. To be pure." He softly shook his head, eyes resting for a brief moment. "But, that cannot be done. There will always be a lesser of two evils that appeals to us. Mnn, choices can be difficult. Especially evil choices." Icarus leaned forward to snuff out a lit cigarette in an ashtray I just made up; sifting to properly deal with the moody embers. "I personally do not put myself in a position to choose between evil and evil." There was a bitter cough before he attempted a smile. It looked more like a 'sweetened grimace' than anything. "I am the fool that does not chose and that is truly evil."

He hums, speculating his answer with a thoughtful pause. Unsure if that was really his thoughts on the matter or just how he felt at the moment. Before asking: "Do you think people can change for the better? or are they doomed to their ways forever."
Eliotte (played by 13ee)

There were few questions in this world that could create a palpable pause for Eliotte, but this was one of them, questions that created a stir of quizzical emotion in his gut, or smeared the smirk off of his lips. Wetting his whistle with a graze of his tongue, he considered his choice of words prior to their delivery. "Well," a beginning, sounding uncertain through the huff of a sigh, "I'd like to think people can change for the better, that's something I believed for a very long time," he muttered. Anxiety could boil up in simpler circumstances, but its presence felt daunting and heavy now. Running the point of his thumbnail across the cuticles on one pointer finger, he began to dig at the skin in search of comfort.

Did good people stay good, and bad people stay bad? Or were things worse than he initially bargained, perhaps bad people stayed bad and good people turned evil eventually? Pressing his spine into the back of his seat, feet kicking outwards to toe at whatever nearby surface they might find purchase on, he continued in a nearly passive tone, "Nobody I've met that was bad ever became good. But then again, the few truly good people, those people seem to have stayed that way," without the influence of Eliotte's vengeful ways, that was.

"What I can say for sure, though, is that sometimes good people are better off bad, and sometimes that's the only choice they have. To make peace with the ugly parts of themselves." This assertion emptied his lungs once more of pent up air, expelled slowly through pursed lips. This topic, like so few, chomped at his brain. Deviating from himself, he nudged the nearest party to inquire, "But enough of that whack sh**, let's get real. What do you think about people in positions of power? Is it for the better, or should everyone be left to their own devices?"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus