Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Interdimensional Hangout

Void (played by DragonBorn123)

She looked at Aello with curious and intrigued eyes, while she spoke normally. "Something wrong?" She asked even though she knew that she'd either get a growl, get a rock to the face, or get a glare.

((Hehehehehehehe video game memes XD XD))
Anatolie (played by suzixspectrum)

"Same here, more or less. Traveling is tiring and all," Anatolie said. "I love places like this! All these people around who I don't know, and so many of them with good stories to tell. It's great."

He paused, eyeing the other woman who had just growled at him. "Oh, um... I don't mean any trouble, Miss. Don't mind me," he stammered, holding his hands in front of him in a sort of please don't hurt me gesture.
Aello Icewing (played by Angelus-Relator)

The hybrid snorted and looked back at the stone she was working on. Goblins, at least most of them, were wary of others by nature. With her dwarf blood, Aello was even more so, but, in truth, she was simply warning the male not to attempt anything with her. save for conversation. She sighed as she noted the shape the stone was taking and turned it so that she could carve in another direction. Her throat felt sore, which made the thought of more conversation seem like a daunting task.

Void once again got lost in her thoughts, as she often did. This time she was thinking about what would or could help Aello. Void believed that out of all the magic and alchemy things out there, that there must be something that could help her. She stood up and began pacing and calculating her odds of capture, death, and possibility of finding something helpful at her birthplace, the Neutral Zone. The place where angels and demons and everything else could go without worrying about separation laws and the like.

(( . ))

Aello looked at the pacing woman, shaking her head, fully guessing what she was thinking. The goblin hybrid sighed and spoke one last time,
"There is nothing to be done, it is as healed as it will get." Her voice sounded gravely, like a high pitched dwarf.

She sighed in her head and sat back down, hiding her processing eyes. "Yeah but who knows how long it will take? What if it doesn't ever heal? There has to be something to help...at least help with any pain or soothe your throat."

She looked at Void with steely eyes, then focused back on her carving. She shook her head, deciding to not bother correcting the lass. It wasn't first time someone tried to do something about her old injury, but it was a very precious few whom did.

She watched the flames, thinking. She had always wanted to make a difference; she didn't really think that her origin was much of a good difference to the angels or *demons. She knew, and felt, like there was something she could do but she didn't know what that would be.
*More info about this topic in Void's backstory.

She felt her hands grow heavy, lowering the knife and stone. Aello had sat by the fire for too long and was paying the price. Standing up, she yawned as she placed the stones in a pouch. Folding the knife, she placed it in its own pouch as she looked for a broom; finding one, she grabbed it and swept up the small pieces from the floor and into the fireplace. Once finished, she moves to a cold spot, well away from the fire. This was a lounge chair with a small table in a corner by the entrance.

She notices Aello move and her curiosity grew. She wondered why she didn't like the fire or heat. Maybe one day she would tell her but Void wouldn't force it.

((Gtg bbt))

Anatolie felt for Aello, wanted to help with her injury, despite the fact that she had growled at him and nearly scared the life out of him in the process. He pondered the issue momentarily. “Okay. This is a stupid idea, but hear me out,” he said, presenting his idea to Void because the idea of following after Aello scared him too much. “Now, you know, I’ve been on a quest of sorts, trying to figure out how to cure people with music. Well, you probably didn’t know that, actually, ‘cause I don’t think I ever said it. But now you do. That’s why I’ve been traveling. For research. It’s really hard to research when you don’t know how to read, but I’m trying my best. I’ve learned from lotsa people, and I’ve even been taking notes, but they’re all in pictures and I’m probably the only person who could understand them. I’m not all that good at drawing.”

He collapsed into a seat near the fire before he continued. He cradled his lute atop his lap. “Anyway. Death is like, the hardest thing to cure, if it can even be done at all, and that’s what I’m trying to do for my friend. Point is—and I did have a point with all this, I promise—I know some music magic. Not enough for my purposes, but maaaaaybe it’s enough to help her out with the throat thing, you know?” he suggested. “I haven’t really successfully cured anyone, except this one time I played a song to cure a bruise on my knee. But it worked, so I think that’s a good sign.”

He’d felt it was a foolish idea to begin with, but now that he said it aloud, it sounded even worse. Music magic was notoriously hard to pull off, even for those with experience; most of the time it didn’t work and just left the musician looking awfully silly because they thought their cute little lute song could cure a broken bone or a deadly disease.
Ja'vassa Anair (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

As the Khajiit overheard the conversation, he heard the bits of death and was about to interject, but then he realized Anatolie was singing and this wasn't a conversation about necromancy, so he figured staying silent was the better option." He looked towards the lute, rubbing his chin for a moment. "Hey, lute boy. We're looking to hire a bard around here... I went to the bard's college myself, but I hadn't gotten far with it.. but, that's beside the point. I'd be more than happy to offer you a decent wage and of course, there's always the chance for you to make tips as you perform. What do you say?"

Aello ignored the two as they spoke, finding it confusing and amusing that they were trying to aid her. She wasn't used to this, but she would let them try It wasn't possible anyways, as with most damage done by the poison that seeped from what she called Toxic Ice.

((How I designed her: No one would really care. What is actually happening: "How can we help the tiny creature?" lol I am loving this.))

He jumped at Ja’vassa’s offer for work. “I would love to! You won’t regret it. I’m a great performer. World-famous, you know. And by that I mean, a handful of people in a few different kingdoms have seen me play but most likely don’t remember my name. It’s Anatolie, by the way; I don’t think I ever introduced myself but there you have it,” he said. “Really common name, where I’m from, so that’s sort of an issue as far as fame goes. But farther away from home it’s okay; you say my name here and hopefully the other person is thinking, Right, Anatolie, that cute little bard with the melodic voice and the nice hair. Love that guy. Hopefully.”

“Now, what should I play for starters? Any preferences? A happy tune? Some sort of adventuring song? Or — ooh, I know! A depressing dirge! Doesn’t that sound fun? I don’t know if it’d really energize people but it definitely would tug on the heartstrings. But I dunno. Maybe I shouldn’t make people cry right off the bat,” Anatolie said. “Unless you want me to. You’re in charge, after all, and if you wanted me to make your patrons sad, I guess that’s your prerogative. But it would be kind of weird.” He stood and slipped his cloak off of his shoulders, setting it aside along with his bag. Couldn’t play anything with such a heavy garment encumbering him.

In the back of his mind, he was still considering some of the musical cures he knew that might be of help to Aello. One song in particular seemed the most promising to him — but it was hardly appropriate for his performing debut here. Like a lot of magical music, it was pretty bizarre and not really a crowd pleaser.
Ja'vassa Anair (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

((The small bean must be protected, lol.))

"Skyrim's still recovering from the recent war, I think we need something a little more upbeat." Ja'vassa replied, heading over to a small shelf from behind the counter. "Let's see here... The Aetherium Wars, no... On Oblivion, no..." He paused, finally coming across the book he wanted. "Ah, here we are. Songs of Skyrim. It's full of popular folk songs of the province. Ragnar the Red, Tale of the Tongues, the Dragonborn Comes, and a few others. Perhaps you should look through it and see if there's anything you'd be interested in singing or playing. Of course, there's plenty of other taverns that could always use your services should you make yourself a name here." He chuckled softly, grinning. "I normally save the sadness for storytime when I tell some sad tale of my past." He said jokingly.

Raeza smiled towards her sisters, "Faith, Amelia... what kind of story should I tell you tonight? Should I tell you one of father's stories or something else?" She asked them, patting a spot on either side of her. "Should we get Ma'isha and mother out here for storytime as well?"
It was around this time that Ja'vassa's partner, Mercy ((by the time her and Ja'vassa get together, she'd have gotten out of the relationship with her previous partner)) Mercy had emerged into the tavern area, their youngest daughter, Ma'isha in tow. Upon seeing Ja'vassa, she called out "Hey, honey, have you seen Raeza, Faith, and Amelia? I thought I saw them heading out here a little while ago."

Faith and Amelia look towards each other for a moment, seemingly silently agreeing on something before both responding in almost perfect unison ""Romance story!" though they both nodded in response to what Raeza had said next with Faith exclaiming "I'll get them!" and hurrying inside.

Upon entering, Faith quickly located Mercy, wrapping her in a tight hug. "Mama! Raeza's gonna tell a story outside! You and Ma'isha should come and listen!" she exclaimed, grinning up at her adoptive mother.

Mercy let out a soft laugh, returning the hug from Faith. "I was wondering where you three were. And a story does sound nice. What do you think, Ma'isha?"

(( Yup— we’re like the small bean protection squad here, haha ))

Anatolie stared at the cover of the song book quizzically. “Wow. Um. Look, this is great and all, but I don’t know how to read. I mean, I’d love to learn these songs but I’d have to hear them to do it, you know?” He flipped through the pages, all covered with writing he didn’t understand. Then he pushed the book aside.

“Well... it’s okay. I know loads of songs! Songs from all over. And a bunch of happy tunes I could play. I gotcha covered. Oh— I got it! I know a good one.” He muttered this last part to himself as he dug through his bag, ruffling through various papers. He’d written entire songs out in crudely drawn pictures, with at least enough detail to remind him of the words. He briefly “read” over the one he was looking for and then stuffed it back in the bag.

He got up and began to speak in rhyme. He seemed to relax a bit, loosen up; it was quite clear that he was more comfortable performing than he was just chatting. “...And now, I shall play for thee: a song of my homeland, an ode to bravery. The tale of the land’s most fearless heroine; she who protected the village of Zarstrita and the citizens within.” He grinned and started strumming a cheerful tune on his lute.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Interdimensional Hangout

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus