Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What is your character's job?

Jack Steele (played anonymously)

Jack rubs his nose, then decides to answer the question, "My job is...well, I'm not supposed talk about it. But I suppose some people will come along and erase everyone's memory anyway, so here goes. I'm a Time Cop. Its my job to arrest criminals trying to change the timeline."
A.D.A.M. (played anonymously)

"My programmed duty is to serve the government in completing tasks assigned to me. However recent developments have occurred in my programming and I have discovered self awareness."
Iridia (played by -Rosebud-)

With a soft giggle, Iridia raised her hands, making claw like motions with them both.

"I'm the Great Beast of Aynor!" She seemed quite pleased with herself, obviously proud of her impish activities to the townspeople who had wronged her.
John Watson (played by Atheist)

"Well, that's an easy one," John said. He appeared to be somewhat embittered by this inquiry, however.

"Let's start at the top of the list, shall we? Errand boy, messenger, housekeeper, babysitter, translator, wrangler, doctor -- surgeon to be specific -- live-bloody-bait, the fool in someone else's dangerous game, human experiment, and always and ever the clueless sod!"

He paused, then with a dour look, sarcastically summed up his many stations of employment with the one thing he knew he was known for and yet secretly rather proud of. "Oh, did you know that I also keep a blog?"
Tessa (played anonymously)

"What job do I do? I have more than one. My j-o-b is to heal the physical body, the mind doesn't count. Don't ask me to heal a person's mind." Tessa's upper lip arches slightly in a reflexive sneer then shudders. Then she lists her other occupations. "I offer services as a shaman and then there's exorcising spirits and demons or whatever the -beep- you want to call them. Then I have the typical misc. crap. Jewelry, candles, soaps, that sort of stuff is my side hustle."

She yawns and stares blankly for a moment before casually looking over toward something that doesn't seem to be there. "Ayup. Time to go." The woman gets off her bum to wander off idly and seemingly aimless. At least to onlookers, anyway.
Andy Sparrows (played by -Danny-)

"I work at a pet store and I go to college!"
Proudly, Lillian beamed as she spoke. “I am the very proud owner and operator of Sinner’s Paradise.
Vaas Montenegro (played by Mando)

"Smuggling, drug trade, people trade. Does torture count as a job? Because, yeah, that." Boy, and Vaas is delighted by that list. His grin is wide, gleeful and downright crazy. "It's a good life, amigos."
Gandrell looks up from his anient-looking leather bound book as he adjusts the old fashioned quill in his pale hand. "I have a purpose for my eternity. Well, maybe not eternity. I'm sure I will get bored of it eventually. For now, I find myself quite enjoying being a Blood Dealer. Anyone in need of blood may come to me and I will take on the task of finding rare and interesting creatures, procuring their blood and selling for an exorbitant price."

The vampire then offered a rather mischievous smile, finding it impossible to not add, "I have also been known to pose as a doctor just to fiddle about with people's insides. I enjoying learning ways I can become a more efficient feeder." With a wink and a smile, the baby faced immortal took up his quill again and continued his scribblings.
Fingers type rapidly over a keyboard as information is put into neat little slots. But the woman at the library counter pauses for a moment to look up. "What's my job, you ask? I'm a librarian by trade. But also, a researcher in my spare time. Learning about other supernatural beings is one way to spend eternity." Dark eyes shift over a little. "Unless a friend of mine decides to drag me somewhere fun." Blinks, then quickly goes back to typing.
Stands aggressively with his hands balled into fists as his pale blue gaze darts about the room. His extra senses buzz while he takes in the present company, curious if his profession will start a manhunt. "How's it going? I'm Rowdy and I and am a hunter of supernatural hunters."

His icy eyes took in the looks of people's faces before he continued. "I have vowed to end any human who has decided it is their mission the be the judge, jury, and executioners of anything extraordinary. Supernatural Hunters claim they protect the "normal" people from the very plague that is the supernatural being. Supernatual Hunters are born with an uncontrollable hatred for anything different then them. Since supernatural hunters are born of supernatural hunters, that hate is perpetuated until the need to destroy anything other becomes their natural reflexes. They kill without provocation. All they have to do is hear about a supernatural something, somewhere, and they are on the move. I say THAT ENDS TODAY!" His little tirade ended as the veins popped out on the sides of his neck and the blood came up in his face.
Aluel Deng (played by Samiakki)

75UZmWZ.png

Aluel watched the last speaker sideways, though without a glare in her eye. In fact, she seemed a bit awkward*; not confident in her posture at all. Her legs were crossed at the ankles and she rested gently curled fists in her lap. Breaking an uncomfortable silence, she cleared her throat.
KGRv1eF.png

"So, I work in retail at a Topshop," she explained calmly. "It's not easy working in a shopping centre and honestly, the pay could be better. But it's enough that I can contribute to the care of myself and my mother. I always put her first, even if I have to pick between affording groceries or transit fare sometimes."

Perhaps she felt awkward for a few reasons. . .
Sparrow sat back in her chair, smiling softly, and beautifully. Her small fingers extended to the couch and chair in front of her, before placing them gently back in her lap. “I am a licensed substance abuse counselor, with a background in psychology. I am here for anyone who needs immediate, or long term help, and my door is always open.”
Florence Reyes (played anonymously)

A camera was in both hands as dark honey eyes look over casually. Full lips turn up into a quirky smile as she brings the camera from her eyes and down in front of her instead. In a melodic tone, she says, "I'm a freelance artist and buyer of art. I take pictures, then later make something with the photo as a reference. If you know of anything interesting, unique or just...beautiful in general, I'm around." She winks and smiles even more then turns to leave. Except, she pauses for a moment to look over her shoulder. "Make sure it's nighttime though. I'm not available during the day. Toodles." She hummed softly and walked away to vanish into the darkness.
The Hitchhiker (played anonymously)

“Job? The last ‘job’ I had where I got a paycheck was was a pharmacy technician when I was in university. I then dropped out of the capitalistic drone farming and make my own way through life.
Elaine Van Freyr (played by 0089)

"I BASH THINGS WITH MY SWORD!!"
Spongebob Squarepants (played anonymously)

"Oooooooo, this should be fun to tell!" He got all bouncy, making squeaky, cartoon-ish noises.

"I'm a Fry Cook at the Krusty Krab! I make Krabby Patties allllll day long! I wish I could work 24/7, it's so fun!" Spongebob kicked his black-shoed feet around, forming bubbles in the air. He was giggling the whole time, excited he could talk about his job with someone.
Seekers of Destiny. (played by Lanx12)

Van smiled and closed his book. “Im an explorer and archeologist for the explorers guild of my world. I basically spend my life on the road chasing legends and myths. I also explore old ruins and research ancient cultures.”
Flux (played by GingerHades)

"Hhhaaaaahhhh.... GOD."

Gargling as if the mere concept of speaking proved to be a difficult feat, Flux stood as tall as it could, chitinous chest puffed out with pride. The lonely, unblinking eye on its chest was aimed at the ground, as if looking down on the puny mortals (who weren't so puny compared to it).

"God... of Blood. Bloooood.... rrrrrrr... controlssss life. I, control liiiife."

Flux's jaws clacked, a second set of jaws emerging from the back of its croaking throat. It reared its ugly head, no longer smiling.

"Rrrrrrrr.... Boooowww....!"
Alexandrina Duarte (played anonymously)

“My job? Hm…I’m deeply involved with the arts.”

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What is your character's job?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus