Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings from a Newbie!

Introduction
Hello everyone, I'm a new join to RP Repository!

I'm coming from a Roleplay background that's mainly made up of MMORPGs such as WoW! I'm a bit too used to having Add-Ons/"Mods" take care of profile management, dice rolls, and the like. As a result, I grew a tad complacent with these methods and never really branched out into other Roleplay mediums. I've never attempted forum Roleplay as it always seemed a bit daunting to start off with, such as getting used to properly structuring posts inside of a thread, learning forum RP terms, or creating profile layouts. It might seem fairly minor, but to someone who's never participated in that many forums it's a little odd. RP Repository will be my first venture into the unknowns of forum RP and I'm excited to see all that's in store!

Other RP Details
My memory is a little fuzzy, but I believe I started Roleplaying a little over a decade ago, when I first started playing World of Warcraft. It was there that I met a wonderful group of people who guided me through the process and laid the groundwork for my love of writing and Roleplay!

My favorite things to read or write are Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and some Horror (Cosmic or Psychological). I will tend to lean towards either of these three genres most often when looking for RP. My least favorite genre to write is romance, but that's just me. I like getting where the action is!

About Me
I'm not too sure what else to write, so I'll make use of some of the suggested questions!
  • My favorite subject in school is foreign language, more specifically Mandarin. While I am now taking Spanish, I absolutely adored learning a new alphabet and wish I could have continued my studies. Hopefully in the future (and as college nears) I'll be able to take another course!
  • As for my dreams, in college I plan on majoring in Computer Science. I hope to become a Software Engineer after my studies are completed!
  • My favorite genre of music is metal, and my favorite bands are Parkway Drive and Ice Nine Kills
  • I love cats, especially snow leopards and caracals!

Conclusion
Well, that about wraps it up. Sorry for the length! I look forward to meeting you all on my future characters :D
Hello and welcome I’m glad you joined us and we’re glad we got to know you a bit better now! Anyways if you need help everyone in the community is willing to help you out!
Hi! Welcome to RPR. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you need help with anything around the site, lots of people will be happy to assist you, so don't be afraid to ask.
PS: I too love sci-fi, fantasy, and snow leopards. :3
Welcome to RPR! Hope you find out all of the information you need.
PS: Also fellow cat lover! I also enjoy fantasy, and sci-fi too (:
Heya! Welcome to RPR! Glad to see another tech major (and metal lover) around, I'm in school for programming myself. You've got some good taste in music too, haha.
Sci-fi and fantasy, especially mixed with good action and horror elements are the best, honestly. I love to write both genres myself and I have definitely stuck my toes extensively into writing both cosmic horror and psychological horror as well the last couple years. They've definitely quickly become among my favorite stories to read and write.
Hopefully things aren't too intimidating for you. It can be a lot to hop into at first, especially if you're more used to text based rps. Most people are pretty nice around here though and always willing to help you get your footing or mentor. You should be in good hands. ^^
hi and welcome to rpr!
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Forum Rules
This should be your first step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
Morgana Topic Starter

Sorry for the late reply y'all! Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel so much more relieved!

And the links are super appreciated as I get my bearings of the site :)
Welcome to RPR,
🎬Morgana!🎬
giphy.gif
Gorgeous pfp :)
Hello! Welcome to RP Repository!
ayo!

get ready to take a dip in a very friendly roleplay community!!
Hey, welcome! I'm so deeply curious about roleplaying and mods on WoW, I've never heard of stuff like that!
Morgana Topic Starter

Folklore wrote:
Hey, welcome! I'm so deeply curious about roleplaying and mods on WoW, I've never heard of stuff like that!

What generally happens is a bunch of players gather together and form a guild surrounding a particular concept (Like a merchant caravan, group of sell-swords, mage organization, etc.). They then schedule all sorts of events around the in-game world, and use profile "mods" that display their profile whenever someone hovers over their character. As for the larger communities, there are even server-wide events with over a hundred in attendance all in (usually) one area/town. It's pretty neat!

E: Things are generally much more fast-paced as well, given everything happens in the moment and you are unable to respond later (or even record your conversations in the first place without the use of yet another Add-On).
Welcome, Morgana! :) I believe this might be the best place in the Internet to get accustomed with forum roleplaying! ^_^
Having a mod to make and trade custom RP items was always fun on WoW.

Henlo! welcome!
Hello I am new here and I would like to rp with anyone.
Morgana Topic Starter

Leighoflight wrote:
Having a mod to make and trade custom RP items was always fun on WoW.

Henlo! welcome!

Haha, I remember that! A big one was Gryphonheart Items. I think TotalRP 2 did it as well (And the Extended version later on)
Hello there, you seem like a fun person. Can’t wait to RP with you at some point
Hewo and Welcome to RPR! Hope you have a great time here. If you have any problems, you can contact literally anyone... Everyone here is friendly :). Happy Role playing! :D
Morgana Topic Starter

ragemachine wrote:
Hello there, you seem like a fun person. Can’t wait to RP with you at some point
You too! :D I'm currently working on a profile and it sure is a learning process but I'm enjoying it

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings from a Newbie!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus