Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Wander (played anonymously)

"Something about a unsurvivable winter"
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie's eyes go wide and he practically starts to vibrate when playing fetch is mentioned. How many times was it for yes? How many times for no? He's forgotten. All thought other than the word fetch has gone from his brain. He barks eighteen times, just to be safe, bouncing around Light Raygun. A keen observer might think he did not actually remember there was any plan beyond fetch.
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Byrd doesn't look convinced at either Light's response or that of the Wyverian's, but she offers no protest; instead she simply takes a casual step back, as if attempting to remain part of the group while also make it clear she's not associated with any possible trickery.

Her attention momentarily slips back to the poetry fight, intrigued by the sound of music now accompanying the rhymes.
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

The Mari Lwyd begins to perform a very stumbly, drunken dance, bellowing back with only the faintest hint of a slur.

"Though I lost my flesh I've not lost my head
And so long as I can sing I can't be dead
My mind with rhymes is well-endowed
and soon your pride will leave in a shroud!

Tell me challengers, tell me friend,
Why should my crime spree simply end?
Why should Mary Lwyd return this rose
and from this party, butt out my nose?
For it is pretty, it is bright,
this rose it brings me great delight,
and though I be old, my wit does bite!"
"That's my goal; to cause a little confusion while it goes on", Light replied, again so quietly. "Trick the eye while the card is swiped... and you might get a lucky hand that wasn't there before." Although at Ollie's antics she couldn't keep a straight face anymore, the enthusiastic dog being simply too adorable. "I'll take that for a yes", she chuckled. Reaching in her kimono's pocket, she drew a little squeaky toy in the form of a squirrell, one of her robot puppy's favorite, which meant she had to buy a great many of the same squeaky toy simply because what a dog could chew in a day a robot dog could chew in ten minutes. Twelve, maybe. "Alright, ready?" she said, holding the squeaky toy near Ollie's nose
Lylith (played by SilentSybil)

"Well, persephone is down for the season..." she rolled her eyes. "They have been all lovey dovey since she arrived. I haven't been groomed for a few days, not counting the rushed one to get me out of the den and into this party."
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

"Was it not the rose what brought us here?

((CRAP hang on.))

"Alright, well... I don't know how I would be able to help, but I'd like to try, as a thanks for dealing with me."

((I understand))
Ollie (played anonymously)

"I AM SO READY," borks Ollie, crouching down, readying himself as if he were about to push off the starting block for a race, his eyes wide.
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

"We're swiping the roses then? They already seem a bit distracted, but I won't say no to another show!"

"Oh they are married..." she looks down at the creature. "She only comes when its time for winter..." Lylith is a little confused on what the cat could do to fix it. "And dealing with you got me coffee so it was more of a gift than a nuisance I can garuntee that."

"Ah ok," Wander said, "So I'm going to assume we aren't from the same world"

"Was it not the rose what brought us here
where we can sing and dance and sneer?
Can you not gaze and let it be?
Would you wish away this poetry?"
" oh dear oh dear, it's time for something you need to hear. I would love to stay and ryhme, but I'm afraid were out of time. I was very nice to meet you sir, but I'm afraid it is my turn, to see you leave this place, with out it wasting away!"

Lylith is really confused now, "Do you have...winter and spring where you come from?" Her eyebrow lifts. "Wait, there are different worlds?" She pushes a finger against temple. "Firey hairballs..."
Light smiled warmly at Ollie and then with a swift movement tossed the squirrell toy across the room, directed well toward the opposite direction, away from their little group and closer to the rhyming group. "Go, go fetch the squirrel!" she whispered to Ollie, stroking his neck encouragingly before turning to Wyverian with a grin. "Almost." She plucked one of the roses from her own kimono waist band. It was white itself, and similar enough that from a distance it could pass for the original. Unseen, she hid it in the sleeve of the kimono and smirked with her eyes at Wyverian. "A rose disappears, a rose appears. Unplanned magic? Clever trick? It could distract the horse enough to give the fiddler a head start. And if not... it'll still have been worth the fun."
Rhens smiled and retreated to another chair. "Seems I'm at my wits end. I shall leave the rest to you my friends. Good luck against this thief, for his mind is by no means weak."
((Gonna be without reception for a bit, see you later))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus