Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Folks, we're technically in overtime right now... I'll try to wrap things up soon, but if you have to go, feel free to do your player reveal :) ))
Renovation Team Omega (played by randomentity777)

((Okay.))
"I am from a nebula known to some as G'vaat," Yll'r explained. "I cannot tell you where that is. My kind are often nomadic and I left my home space long ago. I could lead you there, but I am not well versed in maps, territories or co-ordinates."

((Hey randomentity777! I had no idea it was you! :D ))
Nigel Blush (played anonymously)

With a slam, Nigel finishes his work, dropping his screwdriver into his toolbag and picking up his datapad. He fills in the details of the job, looking up briefly at the group, thinking about getting a signature but thinking better of it. He mouths "I'm all done" at Gabriela. Before straightening up and pressing a series of buttons on the head unit. He disappears in a flash of dirty, off white light.
((Whoops, sorry! I probably should've wrapped up earlier--Time flies when you're having fun I guess! XD

Feel free to totally disregard everything I just said if you need, Zeno! No worries))
((Don’t let things end on account of me though! I hope to RP with some of you soon. But Naz Jadi is me, Pantrane. I was half introducing a character I hope to use for a station based Trek RP. The free form nature of the station means all of these characters would be just as welcome and at home at the soon-to-be-released thread! I may hang out for some reveals as I prep for the evening’s end.))

((OH that's so cool!))
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

"Ah..." Zeno's eyes waned to the best of their ability. "I am not from anywhere in particular."

He glanced off into the distance. "I was created in a lab. Illegally. My cybernetic implants were added afterwards. I have no species. Just... me."

He turned back to Kolt. "I escaped from my captors. I did not want to live as their slave. And now I'm on the run. I want to find a new purpose."

He got up, a heavy sigh releasing more steam. "In my travels, I came across this place. I heard about the grand re-opening, and wanted to join in on the festivities. It's... quite nice. You all have been so kind to me. It was an honour to be here. Truly."

He nodded, cracking a smile. "I would be more than happy to do it again."
Olivabeth Emenan (played by Alidal)

"Oh no, that's all right," she says with a slight wave of her hand, almost dismissal. "I was just curious. And I'll leave you alone, now." She stood up and took a deep breath, still somewhat in awe of Yll'r's performance. "Have a wonderful time!" She whispered quietly after them as she began to walk away. She found herself at the back of the crowd, standing behind the last row. She was suddenly aware of how much time she had spent here, and how soon she needed to leave. She would watch this one last act and then finally find her way home.
Diophone hadn’t quite expected her words to be echoed so precisely and so greatly across the room. Her cheeks plastered with rosiness for no more than a second before her rather confident ego returned. With an ease to her movements, the siren settled in the middle of the stage as if she had been doing this for all of millenia. She basked in the attention of others, and, without a further ado, she let the show begin.

Her arms extended to her sides, one reaching beneath the first layer of her gown. Fingers clicking away at the metallic belt that rested there, a rather-rounded, sphere-like gun detached itself and landed in the palm of her hand.

“It’s nothing special,” Dionophe stated, eyes glistening with taunt, “except something I’ve spent the last few years piecing together. Nonetheless, I do hope you all enjoy it.”

She lifted the gun to the air, allowing her claws to fiddle with the trigger. With three easy clicks, the room illuminated with lights—lights in which were in different sizes and shapes, shimmering as if they were stars. They surrounded the room and the people within it, dazzling and dancing around them.

And stars they technically were. Dionophe wouldn’t quite explain how she had done it, but she had managed to mock the expression of stars into a compacted essence of a mechanical weapon.

With the distraction of the glistening stars that would hopefully fade in time for the closing of the event, she made her way from the stage. It was probably for the best that she left before she drew any more unnecessary attention to herself, no matter how much she enjoyed it.
"Fascinating," Yll'r managed. If they had more energy, they would no doubt have shown more energetic appreciation of the display. After all, Yll'r experienced much more of what a star was than most others on account of their electromagnetic senses.

Gabriela gaped at the gorgeous, glistening little star... illusions? Projections? Actual scientific wonders? She managed to pick her jaw up just as they were fading, only to discover that the performer had left the stage. She stood, returning to the stage with a look of wonder, gazing around to try and spot where Dionophe had gone. "My goodness, what a show! It seems we're ending the evening on a bang! If the performers will come speak with me after I've left the stage, I'll see about fixing you all up with some fantastic prizes to thank you for your displays." She begins to hit her stride, relaxing into speaking again. That cocky smile is on her face once more, her cybernetic implant magnifying her voice. "I want to thank everyone for joining me here on Radiance Station. I hope that no matter what fate the universe has in store for you from here on out, you always remember us when you need a pause in your travels - or a safe place to relaunch into the unknown!"
Kolt nodded seriously as Zeno explained his story--he wasn't sure if he'd struck a nerve or not by asking. He felt somewhat relieved as the the creature changed to subject back to the party.

"Yeah, it was great fun. And there so many cool people!" he said, a grin sliding back onto his face. "Being here... yeah, it was an honor."

It was then that Dionophe released her shower of stars, and he looked up, awe on his face as he watched them dance around the room. It was beautiful--an incredible end to an amazing day.

It was at that moment, something on his wrist began vibrating--some kind of shiny metal band, probably something that tracked his position.

"Oh--that's the princess, she must be about to leave." he said. "Gotta go--but it was nice meeting you! If you ever find yourself near Aedard in your travels, feel free to stop by!" he said, accidentally letting the name of his homeland slip as he hurried out of there, giving a final wave to Zeno.
((I'm gonna slip out, I'm super tired haha, but it was so much fun! Thank you all for the great time! :-D))

((Yeah, I think I need to call it folks, we've been playing for just short of 8 solid hours. :D ))

((I don't think this is going to shock anyone, but it was me, Kim! :D))
Olivabeth Emenan (played by Alidal)

Olivabeth smiled as the stars danced around the room. Of course, it wasn't much of a talent but an invention, but it was beautiful and glorious nonetheless. She swore the room got warmer, or dimmer or something of the sort, but the performance was nice, and she was sad that it was over so soon. She applauded quietly but vigorously, mostly for the bravery to follow Yll'r.
She glanced around the room once more, taking in just how great it was to see people, and creatures, from all over the universe come together to celebrate accomplishments. And while she had shown up late, she still had the best of times and hoped that something like this would come again soon. Blessing the hearts of everyone in the room, she backed slowly into the bathroom with a smile on her face. It was fun to come live amongst her humans for a while, and this trip did not disappoint. She popped out of existence just as suddenly as she had popped in, and a small puff of yellow smoke, no noise, flowed out from under the unlocked bathroom door.
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

Zeno turned his head up towards the ceiling. The glittering stars raining from above. He chuffed once more, his smile still plastered on his face.

To think, he was a creature built to destroy anyone and anything who stood in the way of his creators. But... there was so much to live for. So many little moments worth living through.

He nodded approvingly at Kolt, removing his mask. "Until we meet again. Be safe out there."

Zeno suddenly realized that the party was beginning to die down. With a smile still on his face, he marched out towards the docking center, the sound of his talons clanging against the metal floors echoing throughout the station.

He should do this more often.
((And lo and behold...))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus