Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Zeno (played by GingerHades)

Zeno eyed the spear up and down. He readjusted the masquerade mask on his face. "That's a nice name. Nice to meet you too, Cryostryker."

He turned his head back to the stage. Another performer?
Gabriela Estrella (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Gabriela's eyes skim the crowd, and then she spots Dionophe standing. "Perfection. Come and join me up here." When Dionophe approached, she'd lean in, suddenly speaking much quieter. It was such a difference in volume that it might make some realize that her voice was augmented with cybernetic implants that let her speak much louder than normal, cutting through the noise of a crowd. "How shall I announce you, friend?"

((I was a bit concerned everyone was out-politing each other and we might not have anyone say yes as a consequence, yeah XD ))
Yll'r was quite exhausted - not from the speed, but the manoeuvring under such high gravity. In an attempt to find a good vantage point to rest at, they picked a table near to the stage and slumped down on it, for the first time since the party started, actually resting on a solid surface (even with the chair, they were technically floating, as their tentacles alone would not have been capable of supporting them in that position).
"I appreciate everyone's... appreciation..." Yll'r's translated voice said in a tired fashion, though their lack of aerobic respiration meant that even the synthetic voice was not out of breath. The hesitation was merely tiredness affecting brainpower. "That is the most exertion I have ever done in a short period within a moderately strong gravity field."
Olivabeth Emenan (played by Alidal)

She didnt want to disrupt the next act, but she had to say something. Once the person who did the second act had sat down, Olivabeth stood up. Waltzing in with no plan, she quickly walked over it, trying her hardest to not bother anyone else.
She sat down next to it and sighed. "That was absolutely amazing!" She said, beaming. "I'm Olivabeth. What can I call you?"
With what they hoped to be all eyes drawn to her, the woman raised the champagne to her lips for her final drink. The liveliness of the drink seemed to knock her aback for simply a moment. She wasn't quite sure what she was doing, per se, but simply hoping something would come to her as she went along with her act of impulse.

She made her way through the rows of seats until she found herself on the stage. From afar, she appeared to be just as humanoid as the fellow from two acts before. It supposedly wasn't an odd sight to see, now that she pondered about it, realizing that most guests here weren't so.. alien-like. Shaking her attention from her own thoughts, her gaze cut to the hostess. The question was tricky---her true name was one wanted by many, though her fake was too casual to be announced at an event of such elegance. With another impulse, she answered, "Dionophe Mystols, known by many, I'm sure." She seemed to be rather confident with the fact.
Jadi applauded the fast moving creature’s display. There were so many shapes that it was hard for her to keep track of them all. It was really surprising. She allowed herself to fall into the shadows of the crowd and almost seemed to disappear amongst their ranks. More people were here and Jadi felt it easier to make herself invisible.

((Okay that’s all for me. Nice writing with you all!))
"I am Yll'r." Whilst the voice was still coming out of the translator device, they were so still, they might as well have not been alive. Still, they had enough energy in them to both keep an eye on the stage and maintain conversation. "Yll'rysyl-llyr'ol S'zoxyyn'r."

((It was a pleasure playing with you Naz! :D Do you want to do a player reveal before you go?))

((Bye! have a great night!))

((See you later, Naz! :D))
((Bye Jadi! Great playing with ya!))

"Please welcome our final contestant to the stage, Dionophe Mystols, a name known to many of you I'm sure," Gabreila echoes immediately, turning back to the crowd and allowing her voice to boom out. She keeps half an eye on the poor jellyfish creature as it seems to be wilting, and she doesn't want any aliens fainting at her grand opening party if she can help it. She hops aside, going back to her seat to let Dionophe wow them.
(( Bye, Naz! I do hope you had a wonderful time! ))
Silken (played anonymously)

((Goodnight, and I hope you had fun!))
((Byebye~))

A name known by many? Not to Zeno, at least.

Well, to be fair, that was only because he spent most of his life in a containment facility. He lived under a pretty solid space rock until this point.

Regardless, he was excited to see what Dionophe had in store.

Yes, definitely not a human.
"Well, I won't be a burden for long, I promise. I just wanted to congratulate you on your performance." Right then she realized the drink still under her chair.
"If it isnt... rude, may I ask where you come from?"
"So, Zeno, I was curious," Kolt started up again, in the lull between Yll'r and Dionophe's performances, only half paying attention to the announcement. "Where are you from? Somewhere far away?" he asked. "You see, where I live, people and creatures aren't really, you know..." he paused, trying to think of the word, but it wouldn't come to him. "Combined with machines? There's not a lot of need for it--The people of my homeworld are excellent healers."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Official Spring Masquerade 2022 (Sci-fi themed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus