Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Say something only your generation will understand

GU7TMUNCH3RZ

you look like a xe/xem
eat hot chip n lie
Anytime we're in the car when we stop at red lights and notice all the cassette tape shimmering and untwined all over the side of the road.
Anyone remember when McDs had N64 kiosk consoles? Lol

Speaking of anyone else remember when they used to give out Shrek and Pokemon glass cups? Or even those Pokemon gold card things? I used to make my parents buy them to have the collection. Now I sadly have no idea what ever happened to them... 😭
20221121_063302.jpg

"****ing magnets, how do they work?"
Hee-Man and She-Ra were brother and sister?!? Ewww...

Rhymes that keep their secrets will unfold beyond the clouds And there upon the rainbow is the answer to a Neverending Story

Saying "I don't know" gets you Slimed!
anyone remember calling the operator and saying "give me ### in {whatever city} or {whatever base}"
Blockbuster was still around but people were switching to Netflix and Redbox.

Toys R Us and Geoffrey the Giraffe were huge.

I owned a tower that accepted floppy disks. My computer ran on Intel. (Now an AMD user)

Computer shows were a big thing when I was a kid. I was dragged to them every single chance my father got.

I played the OG Petz, Dogz and Catz and I loved those pixels so much. I'm glad some remnants of the websites are left. There was one where people uploaded their custom dog creations etc.

I also know a lot of things previously mentioned, especially the dial tones and busy internet sounds. Also, good old AOL and AIM sounds.
Having to leave your console on and praying to the gods it didn't stop on its own because... no memory cards
Realizing that your Gameboy is almost dead and not having the charger. So trying to beat the Gameboy dying by slapping a new battery pack in
Aardbei Topic Starter

sammythepup wrote:
Realizing that your Gameboy is almost dead and not having the charger. So trying to beat the Gameboy dying by slapping a new battery pack in

Imagine having chargers...

Back in my day we hotswapped the gameboy color batteries while the system was still on! Heh.
Dabbin' it wan wan
Switch to Channel Three to play videogames.
HEEEYAAAYAAAYAYA, HEEEYAAAYAAAY! I SAY HEY! WHAT'S GOIN ON?!
You guys remember DanTDM?
*Wii Menu Music* *Just Dance Songs*
*Crying at PokePark 2 when Pikachu was all alone*
*Netflix Wii App*
**ahem**

Dunkaroos, Surge, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Batman: The Animated Series, Clarissa Explains It All, debut of Lunchables

Oh, and everybody liked the boy bands. Some of them were just very good at pretending they didn't (meanwhile they couldn't wait to call someone a poser)
Oh, and there is only ONE dog that it is societally acceptable to shoot.

IYKYK

It bears mentioning: don't even get me started on the five days of stress Evil Tommy gave us ESPECIALLY when he went INSIDE the Megazord to run the Power Rangers fade. HE BEAT THEM OUT OF THE MEGAZORD AND THEN CONTINUED THE BEATING!!!
It's a popular meme, so not only my generation will understand it, but... It's a really iconic thing if it comes to my childhood & generation. ^^;

"No, mom! How many times do I have to tell you! I am NOT listening to Alvin and the Chipmunks!"
- The Nightcore kid
"Pootis POW!" -Heavy TF2

The feeling that i got finger gunned ^-^"

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Say something only your generation will understand

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus