Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Say something only your generation will understand

Can you get off the phone so I can check my email!
Aardbei Topic Starter

Masquerade wrote:
Can you get off the phone so I can check my email!

that sound.... gosh. magical and horrific
"Like a glove.."

Yeesh I feel old now... lol
This Disney DVD is enhanced with Disney's Fast Play™.
Whystle Harrison (played anonymously)

GingerHades wrote:
This Disney DVD is enhanced with Disney's Fast Play™.

I...I heard that one.
Auberon Moderator

Long distance calls are free on nights and weekends.
Hello, operator?
Sanne Moderator

I need a pencil for this cassette.

HEY STOP PLAYING WITH THE SLIDER ON THAT FLOPPY.
Awesome, you actually know what a record store once was. Perfect, you also know what a mixtape is as well. Unfortunately, you also know what nightmare it is making one.
This was well into my teenage years! But!

2c8dfa0f215544618c6b457e6800f7e2--my-chemical-romance-menu.jpg
-ahem-

Dunkaroos
Rocko's Modern Life
Rugrats
Transformers: Beast Wars

And finally....

"You can call this the new world order of wrestling, brother"
"What happened to Steve off of Blue's Clues?"

I am really not sure since while I am young, I was born in the midst while old cartoons still reran on channels lol
I am your standard, run-of-the-mill Millennial. And while I don't buy the coffees and avocado toast, you best be believin' I would in a heartbeat if I had ready access to both. I live in a backwoods little hick town with a Walmart and some Sonic Drive-Ins. And I do as many side hustles as I can to make ends meet and maybe, just maybe get a home someday.

Anyhoo! I use just about every turn of phrase applicable to the Millennial stereotype. I sicken myself sometimes with how utterly cliche I am -- Saturday morning cartoons on 10 and 12 -if- and only if we had good reception on our rabbit ear antennas because we were too poor for cable, Reading Rainbow, The Last Unicorn, coaches for history teachers, collectable Burger King glasses, ANYTHING Super Mario Bros. back when Luigi had no distinction from Mario sans the color scheme, being constantly compared to Bart Simpson in my youth, AOL messenger and Yahoo! chat groups, girls and their boy bands and never being able to tell the difference between the Backstreet Boys and Nsync, movies and shows like Home Improvement, Jurassic Park, etc.

Man, I could go on, but all that being said, I was a black sheep growing up -- picked on for being poor and carrying around notebooks of silly artwork and comics. Remember the days when nerds were picked on for being nerds and now look at us -- revered for our coolness because we know every episode of Doctor Who like the back of our hand and we get conventions dedicated to our fandoms!

I have rambled too much and revealed a lot more about my age than intended. 😅 So, Xillennial, more like, huh, eh heh...
I am a Zoomer myself, but I enjoy "old" video games. Super Mario World, Pokemon Blue, and FireRed, as well as a few other NES and SNES titles. Like most late 2000's kids, I had a DS. I had a blue DS Lite myself. I mastered 3 tracks in Mario Kart DS, and I sucked at the rest. (Those tracks are Waluigi Pinball, Chocolate Mountain, and Delfino Plaza.)

I later acquired a Game Boy Advance, which set me back about $80. My first game on it was Super Mario Advance 2, and I later bought Pokemon Blue. My final Elite Four team didn't feature my starter. (Nidoking [Swiffer], Nidoqueen [Nido], Aerodactl [Aero], Dugtrio [Diggy], Pidgeot [Plane], and Ratticate [Rat])
PinkBrat

You can't use the internet if someone is on the phone 😂

Prank calls. "Is your refrigerator running?"

Walking home, no matter the weather, because you were forgotten, then waiting outside until your parents got home.

"I went to a chinese restaurant to buy a loaf of bread." 😂

"Coming soon to video."
Oh wow, this is fun! Lots of y'all are speaking my language.

Ok, how about that blockbuster video combo. Buy a snack and drink and get an extra free movie, lol

Bling, bling! Everytime I come around ya city bling bling!

Something my mom used to say:
"You either stay in, or stay out! You not gon' be rippin' and runnin' in and out my house all day!"
I was in the generation where Minecraft YouTubers were born and brutally murdered by Fortnite streamers in my childhood.

Also, Roblox in 2012-2013 was amazing.
Zyzz
Oh no, I bought all these DVDs and now? They're old, I'm gonna buy everything again in Bluray

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Say something only your generation will understand

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus