Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello world!

TieflingEnthusiast

Hey wide new website! I'm TieflingEnthusiast or Tief, and I have no idea what I'm doing! Hoping to gather my bearings soon though lol. Completely new to this site - hence the post - and online roleplay of this calibre, but I'm a long-term writer and roleplayer.

For any keen-eyed dice goblins, yes, my username is a reference to Dungeons and Dragons. 5th Edition games have been my main outlet of roleplay and creative writing for about the past year, but I'm looking to expand and find some long-term writing partners to craft stories with! I'm a high-to-dark fantasy enthusiast, be it dragons, sorcerers, or vampires. Gothic fantasy is a new love affair, but classic sword-and-sorcery will always have my heart. I write long posts rife with inner monologue, descriptive language, and the third-person-limited perspective.

If you want to talk video games (Dragon Age especially), cats, horses, Victorian and Regency romance novels, true crime podcasts, or even just the weather, feel free to hit me up! I'm always game for making friends and love to get to know people.
Spooky_101

π™·πšŽπš•πš•πš˜ πšŠπš—πš πš πšŽπš•πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšπ™Ώπš! 𝙸 πš‘πš˜πš™πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŽπš—πš“πš˜πš’ πš’πš˜πšžπš› 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒 πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ. π™·πšŠπšŸπšŽ 𝚊 πš—πš’πšŒπšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚒/πš—πš’πšπš‘πš/πšŠπšπšπšŽπš›πš—πš˜πš˜πš—
TieflingEnthusiast Topic Starter

Spooky_101 wrote:
π™·πšŽπš•πš•πš˜ πšŠπš—πš πš πšŽπš•πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšπ™Ώπš! 𝙸 πš‘πš˜πš™πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŽπš—πš“πš˜πš’ πš’πš˜πšžπš› 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒 πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ. π™·πšŠπšŸπšŽ 𝚊 πš—πš’πšŒπšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚒/πš—πš’πšπš‘πš/πšŠπšπšπšŽπš›πš—πš˜πš˜πš—

Thank you! I'm hoping it will be a fun experience :)
NwJXT0D.gif

Podcasts are something I am slowly getting into and the genre you listed is right up my alley! I would like to invest more time in them, but adulting oftentimes gets in the way of downtime. Alas!

Also. Cats. I love the little stinkers. I have two ornery calicos myself and I will never get tired of talking about them. Ever.

Anyhow! Welcome to RPR. This place is alive with Dungeons and Dragons fans as well as fantasy-style role-plays. I am still new to the dice system here, but it is actually fairly easy to use and several folks enjoy letting the dice decide their destiny!

So take a look around, build up a character and throw out an advert or perhaps even search around for some groups to join. Fantasy role-plays are all the rage 'round these parts!
Icysoul

Welcome to the family
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Site Rules
This should be your first step. It details expectations for you using the site itself, and carries over to the forums, as the forums are part of the site.

Forum Rules
This should be your next step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
I also really like Tieflings. I know you mentioned D&D 5E, but have you looked into the Tieflings from Pathfinder or any other TTRPGs?

Atheist wrote:
NwJXT0D.gif

Podcasts are something I am slowly getting into and the genre you listed is right up my alley! I would like to invest more time in them, but adulting oftentimes gets in the way of downtime. Alas!

Also. Cats. I love the little stinkers. I have two ornery calicos myself and I will never get tired of talking about them. Ever.

Anyhow! Welcome to RPR. This place is alive with Dungeons and Dragons fans as well as fantasy-style role-plays. I am still new to the dice system here, but it is actually fairly easy to use and several folks enjoy letting the dice decide their destiny!

So take a look around, build up a character and throw out an advert or perhaps even search around for some groups to join. Fantasy role-plays are all the rage 'round these parts!

I can recommend a swath of decent-to-good true crime podcasts, mostly North America and modern-centric. They're great for listening to while I do my manual labour job.

Ahh, calicos! They're such beauties - and have such big personalities usually too lol. I've got three absolute mutts for cats, all tabbies with fur ranging from orange to peppery black. I am always happy to talk about mine or others' cats.

I'm glad to hear it! This site came recommended to me by a friend during my roleplay drought, so I hope to find some cool stories to write with even cooler people.

Icysoul wrote:
Welcome to the family

Thank you! That's such a lovely way of putting it - "family." I hope it is that close-knit in my experience.

Arekkusu wrote:
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Site Rules
This should be your first step. It details expectations for you using the site itself, and carries over to the forums, as the forums are part of the site.

Forum Rules
This should be your next step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
I also really like Tieflings. I know you mentioned D&D 5E, but have you looked into the Tieflings from Pathfinder or any other TTRPGs?

Thank you, this is really helpful!

And no, I've never looked in-depth at anything Pathfinder, though I have no doubt there will be much more variety than 5e offers lol. I've only played a few sessions as an aasimar paladin in Pathfinder; very different from a tiefling lol. Are there any other TTRPGs that do celestial/fiend-themed races?
Hello Tief,! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
TieflingEnthusiast wrote:

And no, I've never looked in-depth at anything Pathfinder, though I have no doubt there will be much more variety than 5e offers lol. I've only played a few sessions as an aasimar paladin in Pathfinder; very different from a tiefling lol. Are there any other TTRPGs that do celestial/fiend-themed races?

No problem, glad to help.

If you are looking specifically for angel/demon themes, there is a TTRPG by White Wolf (publishers of Vampire: The Masquerade) called Demon: The Fallen.

As for other fantasy TTRPGs that have celestial/fiendish races, another one that I've recently been learning more about is called Shadow of the Demon Lord. It was created by one of the people who worked on D&D 5E, so there are some mechanics reminiscent of that game, but it is also quite a bit different.

Dawnia wrote:
Hello Tief,! Welcome to RP Repository! :)

Thank you!

Arekkusu wrote:
TieflingEnthusiast wrote:

No problem, glad to help.

If you are looking specifically for angel/demon themes, there is a TTRPG by White Wolf (publishers of Vampire: The Masquerade) called Demon: The Fallen.

As for other fantasy TTRPGs that have celestial/fiendish races, another one that I've recently been learning more about is called Shadow of the Demon Lord. It was created by one of the people who worked on D&D 5E, so there are some mechanics reminiscent of that game, but it is also quite a bit different.

Ahh, good ol' White Wolf products. My friends have been recommending Vampire: the Masquerade to me forever for how much I love complicated relationships and interparty politics lol.

Huh, never heard of Shadow of the Demon Lord. What an imposing title lol. The designers of 5e made it though? Sounds intriguing, I'll take a look at it, thanks!
Welcome to RP Repository!πŸͺΆ
Hey Tief! Welcome to RPR. It is always fun meeting another fellow fan of true crime. What podcasts/documentaries are your favorite? :)

FadedTapestry wrote:
Welcome to RP Repository!πŸͺΆ

Thank you!

itsjess wrote:
Hey Tief! Welcome to RPR. It is always fun meeting another fellow fan of true crime. What podcasts/documentaries are your favorite? :)

Thank you! I'm too much of a gore chicken to watch anything true crime, but my favourite podcast is Canadian True Crime by Kristi Lee. Right amount of details for my squeamish self lol. How about yourself?
Welcome aboard!!! Really hope you will enjoy the site, RPR has a great many prompts that I'm sure will be up your alley and tons of amazingly well written characters ^_^

And yay someone else who likes true crime podcasts, lol XD
Aya

Hey, Tief!
Welcome to RPR!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello world!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus