Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Ollie (played anonymously)

Not at all bothered by the sleigh drama, Ollie trotted up to the Masked Fae, wagging his tail hopefully. Maybe this was a new friend? He gave her a very close sniffing to see!
Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Sneaks behind someone and playfully tackles the person's foot
In the midst of this chaos, another woman in a butterfly-like mask and a matching purple dress hurried in with a large tupperware container of cookies.

"Man this time of year is insane!" She muttered to herself "I hope I didn't miss too much..."
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Nick takes a long swig of his hot chocolate, leaving a bit of whipped cream in his white mustache. "How wonderful, most wonderful," he says to Tabetha, and passes her his mug, murmuring, "Will you hold this for me for a moment, dear?" With that, he heaves himself back to his feet and bounds over to his sleigh, pulling a large burlap sack from the back. He brings it back over to the little group, holding it open for Tabetha, Light Raygun and the Masked Fae. Inside the bag the infinite cosmos appears to swirl. "Go on! Reach in and pick your gift!" he enthuses, a bit of a flush in his cheeks from the cold. ((I'll let each of you decide what wild, weird or wonderful gift you end up with.. Or, may I refer you to this or this or this))
"Well you never know. It doesn't hurt to keep an eye out, does it?" Cris replied to Tabetha, asking after a minute: "Oh, by the way - I don't think i got your name?" Weirdly enough since she talked with great familiarity, as if they had known each other from elsewhere... but then why she'd be asking what name she went by? "I'm just such a disaster with names, with all the things one must remember", she xplained with a disarming smile that was the portrait of innocence. "When I say that, people don't believe me but it's true..." Turning to Nick, she reassured: "Gifts are always welcome but you owe nothing for helping, it's what everyone would do." She wondered if there was any hot tea in addition to chocolate, since the latter was off limits for her...

The Duchess senses a new arrival, and turns to see the Candy Fairy approaching. Ah, another person who appreciated a good holiday tradition, perhaps? "Welcome, friend!" she calls out. "What manner of delights have you brought for us?"
"Hello there!" Candy Fairy called back "I take it you're the host of this lovely gathering?" As she approached the Dutchess she proudly held up the container "I brought a bunch of my handmade cookies, though looking at the size of this party I'm not sure I brought enough." Especially with how popular anything I make tends to be. She thought to herself, refraining from adding it because she didn't want to come across as a braggart.

((i might be getting old.. i passed out in my chair for a bit till the chat beeped))
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

As Tabetha held onto Nick's mug, she turned back to Cris with a flourish. "Me? ...Why, my name is Tabetha Marrowheart! Remember it well!"

Smiling with an inherent smugness, she whipped her head around to face the swirling cosmos inside the bag Nick unveiled to them. Handing his cocoa back to him, Tabetha enthusiastically reached inside with both arms, only to pull out and unwrap...

"A... ukulele?" Indeed, once that small, red with black accents. Tabetha's theatrical accent dropped. "It's... It's beautiful!"

She hugged it close, strumming it with unusually long claws. "Thank you.... Thank you!"
Ollie (played anonymously)

Catching the whiff of baked goods in the air, Ollie trots over to the Candy Fairy, his eyes big and in full on begging mode. "Hello!" he borks, gently wagging his tail at her. "I am a Good Boy!" he continues with great enthusiasm. He doesn't really seem to be bragging, just stating the facts of life as he understands them. "You should give me some cookies now yes?" Wag wag wag.

((Awww, poor Mini!))

Despite the earlier snowball fight having knocked over one of the buffet tables - the one mostly holding pastries and other dessert items - there are still quite a few refreshment stations throughout the party, at which could be found a variety of drinks, both hot and cold, so if Raygun is in search of tea it won't be too hard to find!

"Oh yes, I am indeed the hostess, and I couldn't be more flattered that you've brought something with you," the Duchess says, gently pressing a gloved hand against Candy Fairy's forearm in a gesture of thanks. She eyes the dog that's begging, perhaps not thrilled with his manners, but doesn't shoo him. He is, technically, a guest as well after all!

Nick seems to almost tear up as he sees Tabetha's reaction to the ukulele, his eyes shining. "Oh, oh, how perfect," he croons gently. "You're very welcome, young lady."
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

Naturally, it did not take long for Tabetha to notice- and to be fully entranced by- the idea of fresh-baked cookies. Pulling her gift under her cloak, she ran over to the Candy Fairy to take her pick.

She wanted to take more, but to keep up appearances, Tabetha only took one... and devoured it ravenously.

"Mmmm, now that's good!" Tabetha stated, before clearing her throat. "Ahem- I meant to say, that was absolutely divine! Thank you kindly, dear!"
Masked Fae (played anonymously)

Not one for conversation, Fae stood aside while sipping her drink. She watched the others and swayed to the music. Though her eyes did light up at the mention of sweets from the newcomer.
Masked Fae (played anonymously)

(Got busy unexpectedly so I'm doing what I can since I don't want to miss out)

((Totally understandable))

Sneaks over to a snack table and pounces on a little mini sandwich. his tummy rumbling from all the good food he has had today.
"Thank you so much, Nick!" Cris exclaimed, looking curiously at the sack... and her eyes lit up at the sight of the swirling platitudes inside. Wait, so this IS indeed....???

She looked from the bag, to Nick, back to the bag and chuckled. Ah, you know what - photos could well wait, though she gave Tabetha a sideway look as she fished for her present. To her relief, what the elf drew from it was a musical instrument that instantly rang a bell. "My brot-- A person I knew had one similar, it has a lovely sound... do you know how to play it? Maybe you could play something for the event, Mi..ss Tabetha?" she suggested, before reaching in the bag herself.

When she pulled back her hand, she was clutching a metallic, gleaming brooch crafted from a key of some kind, one that looked elaborate and ancient enough to be fit for the dungeon of a king, perhaps.

A spark lit up the eyes behind the mask, making them appear all the more fox-like for it. Not just a pretty thing, but a mystery behind it, a mystery that could lead to adventure and perhaps to treasures... How she'd have leaped on it back in her pirate days. And now, all of sudden, it just so happened to be given ionto her possession by... Nick.

She loked up at the bearded man. "This is absolutely great, I couldn't have asked for better. There's a key for every door, but which door will this open? Sounds like it'd be interesting to find out!"
Clove (played anonymously)

Oh dear.... they were late. Very late. They really shouldn't have stayed up late finishing that book. And their companion hadn't even thought to wake them! This was embarrassing.

Dressed in quite a bit of green, a new masked newcomer awkwardly made their way into the masquerade. There were still people--hopefully it wasn't too late to join in. "Ah, good evening," they greeted. "Apologies for my late arrival, I was... held up. The masquerade is still ongoing... yes?"
Upon looking down and seeing Ollie begging, Candy Fairy looked back at him thoughfully "I didn't really make any of these with dogs in mind" she replied "but I know dogs can have peanut butter no problem" she continued as she dug into her assorted container for a peanut butter cookie.

Upon seeing Tabetha dig into her cookie, Candy Fairy looked back up with pride. "You're very welcome! I'm so happy you enjoyed it!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus