Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Cris was still twirling the key in her fingers when she looked up to see yet another newcomer. She smiled with her eyes at Little Cover and beckoned for them to come in, then glanced at the Candy Fairy. Something struck her as familiar here too. "I may have one too, please?" she asked, hastening to add: "But nothing with chocolate in it..."
Selaana Bramir (played by Jence)

A tall Tiefling enters the large ballroom. She wears a magnificent purple gown ornamented with silver linings. Her white mask covers all of her face, from her forehead to the end of her chin. Her skin is almost the same shade as her clothes. A few days ago, she received a mysterious invitation that lead her to this very place. Led by her curious and adventurous mind, she decided to play along and attend the said masquerade. Her white hair is kept up in a French braid which falls down to the middle of her torso. In her right hand, a long pipe is lit up and spreads a lovely floral aroma - though, it would be hard to describe what kind of flower it came from.

She enters the room slightly anxious. Her gaze scans the place, admiring every little detail and accessory scattered around the grand palace. "I hope I didn't anything..." She whispers to herself as she makes her way through the crowd nonchalantly.
Ollie (played anonymously)

"Yes it's NO problem I am a dog and dog's can have peanut butter!" borks Ollie in a tone of voice that is utterly celebratory. Thump thump thumpthumpthumpthumpthump Ollie's tail speeds up dramatically, whacking the snowy ground as a mention of peanut butter is made, and oooo! Even better! A real peanut butter cookie follows! With sugar and everything! Ropes of drool drip from Ollie's jowls as he sits there, eyes huge and ears flat back, fighting his whole self to keep from taking the cookie too roughly. Only gentle, Ollie, a distant voice seems to be reminding him. He takes the cookie from the Candy Fairy with just the edge of his teeth, infinitely gentle... and as soon as her hand is clear horks the whole thing back in two desperate snaps. Peanut butter!!!
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Nick winked to Cris, seeming to catch on that he'd been recognized, and bobbing his head at her comments about the key. "Oh yes, I'm sure there's quite the story behind that gift, hmn?" He looks around to see if anyone else wants to take a present from his magic bag.

The Duchess was fae, and thus followed some strict rules regarding what to eat, when, and from whom, but she did close her eyes to inhale the scent of the baked goods, sighing in bliss. "You are very talented," she says to the Candy Fairy. "And very generous." Then, two newcomers. "Welcome! Yes, please do come in, there's plenty of time still to enjoy yourselves!" she says to Selaana and Clover.
Clove (played anonymously)

They perked up at being addressed, smiling softly, then made their way over. "T-thank you," they murmured to both the Duchess and Cris, eyes catching the offered sweets. "I'm glad to hear there's still time... er, I'd love one as well, if you're still offering."

Selaana turns to the person who kindly welcomed her. She nods her head respectfully before taking a small puff from her pipe before answering. "Why, thank you very much. I couldn't refuse such a mysterious invitation. This place is magnificent. " She says in a calm tone.
Candy Fairy reflexively recoiled when Ollie went from gently grabbing it to devouring it in two bites, but couldn't help but chuckle at his enthusiasm. She made a mental note to bring explicitly dog-safe cookies next year.

As Light Raygun approached, Candy Fairy couldn't help but smile--she recognized that mask anywhere, and the stated aversion to chocolate only confirmed her suspicions. "Absolutely, there are plenty of non-chocolate options. Gingerbread, Pecan, Red Velvet, take your pick!"

As Clover also meekly asked for a cookie, Candice happily waved them over "I just arrived with them so there are plenty left to take! Just don't take too many; I want everyone to have a chance to get one."
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

Tabetha suddenly realized how long she had been at this event, and also realized that she should likely be taking her leave soon.

"Yeah, I can play a song for ya, doll!" Tabetha reached under her cloak and pulled out her new ukulele. Enthusiastically, swinging her hips to the rhythm, she began strumming a song. Tabetha paraded around the venue, looking like she was having the time of her life.

Additionally, the accent was dropped yet again. This was her grand finale, she wasn't too concerned with appearances anymore. As she danced along to the music, her hood was slowly starting to slip itself off... and Tabetha did not have a care in the world as those two little horns atop her hear were revealed for the audience to see.

"Y'know, this was a lot of fun!" 'Tabetha' cheered, her true self coming out to play as she continued to play. "I've gotta do somethin' like this more often!"

As soon as the not-elf woman made her way around to play a bit of a tune for everyone, she eventually made her way to the edge of the venue. "Well, it's been fun, but I'm afraid I've got other things to attend to!"

A third arm darted out from underneath her cloak and waved as she continued to play. "Happy Holidays, you merry morsels!"

And with a flourish, 'Tabetha' removed her mask and sauntered out of the event.

((Alrighty folks, it's been fun, but I've gotta go now! Gonna take off my mask now! :D))
((See you!))
Korby Pureheart (played anonymously)

Oh, can we not mention that Korby is literally staring like they want to eat all of em? But, since in this case. It lays off on eating everything Just so people won't get mad at them. "Poyo poyo.. Poyo... Poyo poyo poyo." (Translation: "I wanna eat all those things. but... I don't want people to get mad at me, so. I'ma lay off on eating everything.")

((Have a good rest of the day :) ))

((Tabetha you were an absolute blast to play with!))

((Cya Tebetha :D))

((Probably no surprise to some of you, but hey, it's Hades here! I played Tabetha Marrowheart/Mixie Tonitrua!))

((Was originally gonna come up with a new character, but had no ideas for a new one, so I had Mixie come in incognito because that's a fun concept to play with. XD))

((Interesting.))

((I didn't know but I am delighted to find out!!!))
"Hmm, and finding out the story could be a gift behind the gift", Cris chuckled, returning the wink with a meaningful little nodd of her own. "As someone once said, adventure is out there!" A further irony of the brooch being a key wasn't lost on her either. "And to think I made a collection of keys myself for a friend who collects them, heh." She turned to Tabetha as she played on her ukulele, and wanted to warn her off abhout the accent slipping... but, because she seemd to have such a grand time, she refrained instead, watching with a bemused smile. At the end of the little performance, she clapped her hands. "That was a good one! Safe travels out there!" Their eyes met and, unseen from everyone, she made a playful 'I'm watching you' sign with her fingers, immediately dispelled by a wink.

Hop on... and stick to cookies, for crying out loud!!
((Tabetha/Mixie was amazing XD See you!!! ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus