Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings to All

Hello!

I am not new to RPing in general, but I am new to this site and to the idea of having an actual character creator. That's going to be interesting to play with. I have few characters that I reuse. Normally, I create the characters to suit the story rather than finding a story that fits a character.

Anyway, a bit about myself. I am on another RP site with the same name, but I wanted to try this one out. It looks to be a bit... livelier. I tend to be a very private person and prefer not to talk about personal things or deeper topics. That said, I still consider myself friendly, and I do enjoy chatting about things like stories, books, movies, pets, and so forth. I think my biggest strengths as an RPer would be my adaptability to post length and personable characters. I am most active during the weekday mornings nearly every day with minimal activity in the evenings and weekends. My biggest weaknesses would be my forgetfulness (tied with my seeming inability to take notes), and when I get excited, I tend to make statements in a way that might rub people the wrong way. For example, I might say, "Your character should do X!" Instead of something like, "It would be kind of cool if your character did X. What do you think?"

For RPs, I like a variety of post lengths and am not picky. If it's a fast conversation between characters, I'm fine with a section of one-liners, and if something epic happens, a novel-length post is totally called for! However, I don't like exclusively one-liners that don't give me much to work with, and I don't like length purely for length's sake. I do a lot of typing for work, and it's hard to keep up the necessary energy for constant novel-length posts. That doesn't mean I won't do it for the right RP, it's just harder for me.

I am an absolute sucker for found family stories, fish-out-of-water types, traveling adventures, reformed villains that are still a bit evil, and awkward situations like a slice-of-life where two opposites get stuck together for strange reasons. Like a girl and a boy when it was supposed to be two of the same gender, a human and a supernatural, or a werewolf and a vampire, those sorts of things. I'll do pretty much any genre except horror, but romance is not a big draw for me. I'm still willing to give it a shot, but it's not my first choice.

*cough* This is getting a little long and unwieldy, so I think it is time to bring it to an end. I'm looking forward to getting to know this community better, and I hope this wasn't too long!
Hello There! Welcome to the RPR family! :D
Greetings!

This is a pretty lively place, at least compared to former writing sites I've been on. So the likelihood of you finding someone to write with is pretty high, as long as you aren't a jerk or anything. [Your weaknesses don't necessarily make you a jerk, you just gotta communicate what you actually mean. But misunderstandings happen, so communication is what makes or breaks a plot.]

I think the fact that you're open to a variety of post lengths will help you find people to potentially click with, since sometimes having a specific length limits a lot.

As for your genres and tropes, I'm sure there's going to be people who will match with you. I'm honestly the exact opposite of you, I'm a sucker for Romance and Horror. But Found family stories, Reformed villains and just the opposites stuck together are all good tropes that I've seen people look for before.

Overall! I think you're going to do fine here, even if you are a private person. That's completely reasonable and the right writing partners will come along and respect that.
NwJXT0D.gif

Hello, hello, and welcome to RPR! It would seem we have a lot in common -- I too am a bit of a private person, but you seem to have a knack for communication so that's integral. I was immediately drawn to your username and userpic -- they're both adorable if you don't mind my saying as such. I'm all about applicable on a literal sense! :)

So I'm all about the varying lengths as well and sometimes my energy runs low as well when it comes to the novella style of writing. It really helps when a role-player knows when to have length or when to have a quickfire succession of one-liners. I think you'll find that there is a sundry of folks who will both agree with you and your genres.

I'm a huge licensed character player mainly because I love the challenge of owning up to the roles they are portrayed in. I find one, hyperfixate, and then I lose myself in that character to the nth degree. It's a pastime for me. I also think your preferences are very similar to my own -- opposites attract and not in the romantic sense, but the awkward having to work together in situations that require it. I'd always wondered what it would be like for a vampire and a werewolf to have to make it work. It's a curious premise!

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for here and enjoy the atmosphere. It's a great community with a lot to offer and it's easygoing in the sense that there's not a grand amount of urgency or pressure. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us. We're here to help. Have a good 'un!
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! I am also a sucker for found family lol, it’s one of my favorite tropes! :D
Club-Dreamiverse

Welcome to RP Repository.
Welcome :) It seems like you have great awareness of your own RP style and tendencies which is awesome! Communication is key in this after all
I hope you find some amazing writing partners here soon
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
Welcome and may your characters find a home here. And I'm sure it'll finally be nice to give each beloved character you have their own profile pages. May take time to get used to, but once you get the hang out of it, plenty of them will have a home here =)
BookKnight Topic Starter

I'm not sure how to reply to people individually yet, and there's a lot here, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome, and I'm looking forward to trying out some stories on here.
GU7TMUNCH3RZ

Welcome to our friendly forum based website!
Hello! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
Welcome to RPR! M
Hello! Welcome to the RPR! Hope you have fun!
Ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif
Hello! Welcome to RPR! I hope you enjoy your stay. ^^
Hello, welcome to RPR
Welcome aboard. Have fun around meeting new people and writing. I hope we can chat some time and perhaps discuss some plot.
Hello BookKnight and welcome! :)
Aya

Welcome to RPR! 💜
Welcome to RPR, Book!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings to All

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus