Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » A glance into the Apothecary shop

May the day find you all well. It's been an age and a half since I've posted to a forum, and it's a bit nostalgic for me.
I am Harlow, the apothecary in question, a brewer of backstories, a purveyer of paragraphs, a seller of sentences. I write for my own amusement, amongst other emotions, and thus, enjoy roleplaying to access those a bit more deeply.
I've been roleplaying for something like 25 years, all in all. I started on Neopets as a kid, and have, since then, moved to Gaia, to Deviantart chat, to a MUD, and now, in an attempt to add some distance between me and the MUD I got a little addicted to, I've moved onto here, with hopes of spreading my atrophied wings.
I prefer adults, and ones who tend to be less prudish, if I am roleplaying with my adult characters, though if I am roleplaying with any of my younger characters, that's obviously less important to me.
I am lightly obsessed with realistic ghorror as a genre, and love realism as a basis for worlds with magic, fae, cryptid and otherworldly things mixed in.
I will slowly edit my characters until I finally actually post in an RP with them, then it'll just be tweaks to make them fit better with the stories as they're flowing.
I've also recently moved, so, fresh starts and new beginnings have lead me here. And to a collection of roughly 300 fish, about 200 of which being Nibbler Fish, thanks to one of my closest friends.
Aya

Welcome to RPR! 💛
Welcome fellow Neopets veteran! I hope you have fun here. :)
Hey there welcome to RPR 🙂
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :D
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or is unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
Welcome to the site, Harlow!
Welcome to RPR! 🎏🐟🐠🐡
hi!!! I'm going to officially welcome you even though I'm the one who dragged you here, so... welcome! ^_^
(guys, Harlow is great. Very talented, very silly when it's the time for silliness, and a friend who has always been there for me, so I definitely recommend getting to know them, or at least writing with them.)
Hello Harlow! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
Hello, welcome to RPR
lEitOEX.gif

Welcome to RPR you will find many Rp's both 1-1 and groups advertised in the Forums, make sure to ask people if you find characters you are interested in as many players are often seeking RP with those characters or others.
AK54sxu.gif

Taking it from someone who also had early beginnings of childhood role-playing, I totally get where you are coming from. Taking a break from our writing addictions from one place to another is very refreshing! I hope RP Repository works out well for you and you find everything you're looking for. You preferences are a popular choice, but in case you want to try anything new, the diversity here is pretty all over the map. Heh heh.

I suggest if you're rarin' to go, get that manifest built up and start storyboardin' those ideas, and then I recommend you check out the Forums. It's a nostalgic as you said -- always gets me right in the feels when I post a big, detailed little piece on the Forum Games. Check that thread out as it has a lot of prompts for building character development!

Also, if you have any questions or what have you, feel free to reach out to us. We're a happy crew and we'd be glad to help you figure things out! :)
Welcome to the RPR! 📝✨
Welcome to RPR!
Hi there! Welcome to RPR!
Hello and welcome to RPR! We are so happy you are here and we hope you enjoy your time here! :)
Glad it hasn't bene two ages. Welcome!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » A glance into the Apothecary shop

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus