Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Oooh, a thought on the coat patterns of course being that depending on how you made the images, it may be easy to make variations. Once you have the tabby pattern, for example, how hard would it be to create orange, grey, and brown? Not a bad thought! Not bad at all! (I'd love a red merle for my newest charra, if this takes off!)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Yes, it would depend a lot on the images, but I always try hard to make color variations when it's possible. And clearly the more the better in this case. :)
I really like the stone templates.. but could there be a more neutral toned one? The current two are blue and green and it'd be nice to see a simple grey/black one. Not sure what you'd call it, granite, marble?
I could go for a bloodstone (red tinged) one myself :3
ferabird wrote:
I could go for a bloodstone (red tinged) one myself :3

Oooo yes.

It turned out that a desaturated stone template was super easy to turn around, so you can use it now. Bloodstone will take somewhat more doing, but should definitely be possible.

Recolors ftw.
Kim wrote:
It turned out that a desaturated stone template was super easy to turn around, so you can use it now. Bloodstone will take somewhat more doing, but should definitely be possible.

Recolors ftw.

Using it now :D

A red variation on stone is out.
I started using that red one, and it's actually very nice to look at! Juust the right darker shades of red without the blaring "evil" bright red on dark dark grey/black.

I approve of the bloodstone template. :3

The two new stone variations definitely seem to be pretty popular for newly released templates, especially ones that didn't get front page fanfare. It's very encouraging to do more things like this!
*claps* Myes! Thank you muchly. And I think you'll be surprised how much of the popularity comes down to simple things like color coordination.
SX-00P Lyra (played anonymously)

Got 1 vote for both cyber and atomic!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Mmm, I was looking at the lovely (and underused!) planet/sun templates. I think one that features a big ol' moon with a bunch of stars would be really awesome--and not strictly sci-fi, either!

By jove, you're right!
Dog

Since we have a modern city theme.. how about a medieval castle theme?
Or several?

And due to the whole Potter revival.. a theme for each House's color-sequence, that also fits the castle "look" without being too Potter specific?
(Like a castle/brickwork background and appropriately colored banners/drapes) ?

Brighton wrote:
Since we have a modern city theme.. how about a medieval castle theme?
Or several?

Medieval silhouettes have definitely been discussed, along with skylines from many different parts of the world. :) The current batch could be considered pretty American.
Brighton wrote:
And due to the whole Potter revival.. a theme for each House's color-sequence, that also fits the castle "look" without being too Potter specific?
(Like a castle/brickwork background and appropriately colored banners/drapes) ?

Oh man, I love this idea. I already needed to do some stonework ones, I'll see what I can do about adding banners and things.
You'll see I'm making good use of the Blood Moon template. Especially with my character's avatar in there like that, makes it look like the Moon itself is watching you.
GrandFinale, I am not sure if I am the only one seeing this on your profile or not, so you might want to get others to check. However, what I am seeing that is, when I scroll down, the text overlaps. I am not sure if this is a bug or if there is something on my end that is an issue, but I thought I would let you know.

Respectfully,
Kawmra

The text overlaps what and in which browser?
I am using FireFox, Kim. The text looks to overlap itself...that is the best way that I can describe it. As I am scrolling down, the text that would be where I am scrolling overlaps the text that I have already scrolled past as I am scrolling down.

Respectfully,
Kawmra

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus