Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

All the most recent votes have been counted and the first post updated.

Vampire, I'll send you a message sometime later tonight and we can have a chat about what that would require.
Lemme submit votes for some of these as well!

Tropical (hopefully with flowers or parrots, but nothing else too specific)
Coastal (beachy goodness?)
Fire
Oriental Brushwork
Stonework (preferably not dwarf-specific? Fancy and non-fancy variety?)
RedDragon89

Well, I like the Victorian Lace template. It is a shame one cannot choose a color scheme for a template. Like for the one I have chosen, it would be neat to see it in either a purple or a black color scheme. In regards to new template designs, maybe a Dracula theme with a castle against moonlight? Or maybe like a Roman Goth template.

Thanks!
Throw a point down for Paladin! Also, how about, like, an old medieval battlefield or sum-sum, ya dig?
And then suddenly I was compelled to pipe up:

I personally would use...

Death/Zombie/Necromancy, Dragon, & Fairy out of the list. There's m' vote.
I could modify the layout I'm working on into a symphony/Music theme if you like.
+1 DNA +1 Symphony/Music

Perhaps could one have something of a detective fancy? Or should I save up for an Epic Status?

I'd never discourage anyone from getting an Epic Account, but I have no intentions of ignoring the free users. I will still be turning out official templates as often as I am able, so everyone should continue to feel free to suggest what they'd like. I'll do my best to produce the more popular requests first. I've added detective/mystery to the master list.

There's currently about 10 finished templates just waiting to be released that I think you guys will really like, some of them are gaaaaaw-geous. :D
Kim wrote:
I'd never discourage anyone from getting an Epic Account, but I have no intentions of ignoring the free users. I will still be turning out official templates as often as I am able, so everyone should continue to feel free to suggest what they'd like. I'll do my best to produce the more popular requests first. I've added detective/mystery to the master list.

There's currently about 10 finished templates just waiting to be released that I think you guys will really like, some of them are gaaaaaw-geous. :D

Well that sounds simply stupendous! I think you just made my icon's lips twitch in a grin.

Oh, forgive me for my terrible memory, but if you ever would like any assistance I could try my best to ease your work load. Also, happy belated Pi Day to you as well.
Sanne Moderator

I love creating templates for people, and I have fun adjusting currently existing ones into different colors.

I'm hoping to get some more inspiration from your new templates Kim, please release them soon! (It's my birthday soon too XD)
Throwing in a vote for Snowy/Icy/Chilly!
Aearion (played anonymously)

I'd be so in there for something ye olde/nautical related.
High technology/Cyberpunk 5 sounds amazing.
So does Demonic, and elemental themed (all of em).
The snowy/icey/chilly also sounds really nice

We REALLY need some technology and fantasy related templates...
Maybe ones based on season would be a cool idea instead of just the snow one?

I'm curious about your assertion that we really need fantasy related templates, as well over half the templates were designed with some sort of fantasy character in mind, and it's the most populous category of template when you sort by category in the template chooser. What, to you, would constitute fantasy related?

I'll be the first to admit that high technology has been sorely neglected. I wonder if that will change during this week of new templates every day? Who can say! ;)
In the fantasy sense I mean more soft-toned, glowy type things. It's hard to describe.
Just I look at most and think, "These are nice... but... they don't pop out and say 'magical' to me..."
You know? The Arcane runes are pretty cool, but pretty biased in that sense to certain kinds of magical characters.

Tons of the templates say, 'enchanting' however. :3

And yes! Techyness is good. I could personally use one for Project XIII and Metal Tonic.
I've actually noticed they're are a lab of experimental/lab made characters the more I looked (such as my new friend Kuroi_neko's character Kai)
so I'd suggest maybe eventually even a lab-type or science looking techno template.

Amirrora wrote:
In the fantasy sense I mean more soft-toned, glowy type things. It's hard to describe.
Just I look at most and think, "These are nice... but... they don't pop out and say 'magical' to me..."
You know? The Arcane runes are pretty cool, but pretty biased in that sense to certain kinds of magical characters.

Ah, now magical is a specific subset of fantasy. I will think on soft toned glowy type things. ;)
Ha ha. I'm glad you understood my odd rambling.
I'm not sure what this'd fall under, really. Consider a vote added for fairy or glamour, I suppose? Or magical? Essentially liking the notion of something themed around dancing lights or fireflies. ^_^

ALSO! Subsets for tropical would be awesome if people are interested. I've got a cont based on a string of tropical islands, and while I love the blue sky and underwater templates I'd love to slap all my NPCs on themes like tropical flowers, deep jungle, meso-american themed stuffs.... even something volcanic :3 I'm planning to abuse this site with LOVE forr holding all my info for it to see how well it drums up interest and helps everyone in the community keep tabs on each other and current events

*supah excite!*

Lemme know if any of our wonderful template artists appreciate bribes! :P
Dog

Love the Cityscape pattern!

I have a few suggestions that may seem a bit "abstract":

"Coat Pattern" themes. The themes would center around distinct coat patterns that you see in various animals and birds.

- Tabby
- Brindle
- Merle/Dapple
- Roan
- Appaloosa
- Calico/Tortoiseshell

etc.

Those are all wonderful ideas!

I have been pondering how to better serve the animal-centric characters that live here, and I kept coming up with long series of cats, dogs, wolves, etc. etc. But "skins" that are actually furs (and maybe scales? feathers?) could be generic enough to work for a variety of animals, but specific enough to feel personalized. Good suggestion.

Tropical definitely needs some love too. And seasonal things. Oh, for more time in a day. ;)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus