Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pancakes: Apocalypse Edition

It's about that time of the year again, folks. Last year, Andryn and I did this and because I still have enough mix left over to make over 200 more (yes, I bought waaay too much ... SHUTUP), I decided to do this again. Why? Mostly because I'm mad. The other reason is because it was pretty fun, and I enjoyed doing it.

So let's get down to business: DEM RULES.
  • If you would like a pancake shaped in your forum name, post in this thread. I don't have magic telekensis powers, and I can't read minds.
  • I'm going to make as many as I can. If I run out of milk/eggs/other ingredients before I get to yours, I'm sorry ahead of time and I'll make it up to you somehow.
  • The only thing I'm making is NAMES. Not shapes, character pictures, or any of that. Your FORUM NAME. Alternatively, if you want another name done, just say so in here or PM me.
  • This is important. My laptop's hard drive is taking a [RADIO EDIT] on me, but I have one ordered that should arrive on the 26th. If I am gone for a few days, don't assume I abandoned this, I'm just getting my laptop up and going.
  • At some point, I'm going to be closing down the participant list - I'm not doing that to be a grump, I'm just human, and the allure of shaping/pouring batter tends to wear on you after the third hour. Please don't mistake that as "Oh, I hate doing this grwarrawrarar!". I only pour as many as I find fun.

Alright guys, with that said, let's get this started. I know some of you guys are already in the list, but my memory is horrific so go ahead and post in here or PM me.
Current Pancake List:
ROUND ONE:
Highjinx
OS3_Ross
Cdr. Sanne
Celestina
StrangeDisease
ROUND TWO:
Olthain
Copper_Dragon/LOLren
DontBeTrippin
Darth_Angelus
Earendill/Ulrin
ROUND THREE
Nikina
PenGryphon2007
Rynh
These slots will keep going until I have to put the brakes on it. There are going to be more than just nine names, guys, don't worry.
HAVE AT ME, THEN, FIENDS. I WANT THIS LIST TO GROW.

12/23: In response to ... well, the overwhelming response, I'm going to be doing this in 'rounds': I'll basically be doing a few pancakes at a time, on separate days. Why? Just breaking it up into chunks so it's easier on me.
Me me me please!! <3
Sanne Moderator

*gives it the SSOA* (Sanne Stamp Of Approval)
This is super cool. I would like one please <3 You could do SD if Strangedisease is too long
Meeeeee! :D
HI I HEARD YOU POUR PANCAKES.

Because Copper_Dragon is such a pain to do in any format, I alternatively don't mind if you would decide do my other internet monkier: Lolren. Please! <3
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME... ME! lol please i can has one!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Do what must be done, Bonebag :)
Bonesy, Do Zane! :D (gives his real name)
Bonebag Topic Starter

Lorvilran wrote:
Bonesy, Do Zane! :D (gives his real name)
You've got a cool name, Lor! Added to the list, along with ... everyone else.
This is an awesome idea!

I'd recommend spelling just my nickname: Pen; unless you're feeling particularly challenging--in which case good luck with the numbers! :)
I WANTZ ANOTHER PANKCAKE THIS YEAR. Though my forum name is a bit long, I suppose. Can use Ulrin instead if you want =D More pancake batter for other people then ;o
I believe it is time for my name to be forever written in pancake. It will be delicious!

Thanks for this great idea, Bonebag! You might it's a... sweet gesture
me too bonesy. please.
Bonebag Topic Starter

In response to current list and those to come, the number of letters per name is going to be limited to around 3 - 5. I might have to butcher your name a bit, but you'll get your cakey effigy baked on my griddle.

Quick example: CelestinaGrey would be abbreviated to C-Grey, like last year, or DontBeTrippin might be trimmed down to D.B.T. or Trippin, and Darth_Angelus would be converted to Darth, or Supreme Star Wars Hierophant. Ya'll get the drift.
A new challenger has appeared in the form of (Hopefully abbreviated enough to make it easier on ya) H-Lance. Lets see if it's a pain again this year. Lol.
If I remember correctly I was abbreviated to Pony last year ;D
Kim Site Admin

Meeeeeeeeeeee oh pretty pretty please. <3
Me me me me me! Please?
Dagger (played by Jane)

OMG, this is amazing! Me, please?
PS: If Dagger is too long, "Jane" works, too.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pancakes: Apocalypse Edition

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus