Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

((You can also change the settings with the cog icon to make it where enter just goes down to the next line instead of sending the message))
((Oh you were quick on the draw there Duchess))
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((Sudden wall of classic RPR helpfulness. I give this two thumbs up.))
Gyrfalcon (played anonymously)

((YES LOL))
((Its what I love about this site))
((I'm hoping I can get a roleplay or two with a couple of you in the future. This has been so fun and has kind of helped my muse come back!))
Aspen heard the Duchess speak and smiled after her speech. It broke his focus on the rose. He decided to dance a little bit more, since the gala was going to end pretty soon. Aspen didn't want to focus on this rose too much, but he was enamored by its beauty. To break from it, he walked onto the dancefloor and danced to his heart's content, even if he wasn't dancing with anyone. He didn't care if it made him look weird. Aspen loved galas, and this was proof of it.

((110% agree. I don't have my same 12-hour RP stamina from high school but I've been smiling hard just about all day.))
Look (played anonymously)

Between the rushing about and the warnings, he’d almost forgotten about the party itself. But the sudden blooming of flowers startled him enough to stop in the middle of the table, peeking over the edge. Where did all those come from?

He feels it too, to some extent, as he looks down to his painted heart. He knows the feeling very well too; the feeling he gets when he has a really good idea, or when he sees something that has to be drawn. He might be beginning to understand Gyrfalcon’s words on the flower. Maybe it was more like a surprise!

Still, what to do? He turned another page over, and gestures to the newcomers. Then he hops off the table, making his way to the crowd through the forest of roses.
((I can't believe this is almost over. Despite not keeping up too much, I'm having fun!))
He bowed to the Duchess

"Your grace, I am compelled to take you up in your joyous offer of dancing!"

As he stepped forward the snow underneath his feet crunching, the petals in the air, his gnomish nature took over an he could not help but join in the joviality of the masquerade even though it would end soon, he was happy to have made it!
Look (played anonymously)

((Oh same! This is technically my first rp beyond forum games with any of my characters :D ))
Cosmic Spectrolite (played by LunarValravn)

The alicorn smiled as he watched their hostess. For her to enjoy the filled him with joy once more and driving the shadow away. " I would be honored to dance with you" He said as he stepped towards her. Each hoof landed to create a beat.
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

(( i am dying over here, but i want to see the end dangit!! ))
((I bet you'll see it, Alfred.))

((Oh yeah I'm gonna sleep WELL tonight XD))
Ivian (played by Ilmarinen)

At first, the Sword was a little confused at the Dragoness's bashful response, and then he realized what she had assumed. Alfred skulked off to get a drink, and Aspen drifted in awe towards the rose, leaving him alone with the woman. The Sword's face went wholly red, visible even below the bottom of his mask. "Ah, I mean--um--I have two left feet, but ..."

But despite his awkwardness, he quaffed the rest of his mead, set the cup aside, and took her hands. Both of his own seemed to tremble slightly, in fear or something else. He pulled her into a slow, shuffling dance. The Duchess reappeared then, as flowers bloomed all around them, and he smiled a stronger smile. "'Tis beautiful," he whispered.
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

(( your post earlier, GM, "because her player needs a break" had me xD ))
Gyrfalcon (played anonymously)

Sarthelia's humility prompted a birdlike incline of the man's head. He smiled all the while, a ghost of laughter ringing on the edge of his voice as he insisted airily, "Then it was your knowledge that preserved your little friend's father. That is all the more impressive!" He reached a gloved hand, only to hesitate, maintaining enough of his senses to first inquire: "Would he mind...?" If not, Xefyr would be stroked softly from the top of his head to the nape of his neck, admired as dragons (even half-dragons) deserved to be. The night erupted with the appearance of blue flowers and shining crystals (Cosmic). Gry's strong sense of wonder was plucked at from every direction, and he couldn't resist stooping to scoop some from the ground. As with the book, he produced his pocketwatch, pouring his prize onto the mirror. They disappeared as before. A sample of the night, which he would surely need next next morn to assure himself that this was not a dream.
Aspen was having a ball (hah! get it?) while he was dancing. However, he didn't notice that he was dancing next to the Duchess and some other people. He looked, stopped, and blushed.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus