Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

((Man I got here with only an hour left smh ill have to make the best of it))
((By the way Gyrfalcon, are you able to do any sort of magic?))
Gyrfalcon (played anonymously)

((Yes! My character did some magic a few posts back: he had a book, but somehow managed to fit the entire thing into the mirror of a pocket watch ;) ))
((Oh right, I guess I missed that lol))

((all good <3 LOTS to see going on))
After a few minutes of heavy breathing and playing with the ice that he manipulated, Aspen calmed down and walked back inside. He noticed the tense, yet light feeling in the air, as the masquerade was about to end.
Cosmic Spectrolite (played by LunarValravn)

With the final petal, Spectrolite stared at the withering flower, wishing he had more time to spend here and know others. The shadow within was growing stronger and he felt more a stranger now then he did when he first joined. The guests did seem happy. Perhaps he was led to this place for a reason related to this end?

The joy the flower had bestowed upon him before filled his mind. Others should know, even see what a gift this flower held. Spectrolite closed his eyes and focused his magic on the power of flower and his element.

Starting at the flower, a ring of light spread across the ground. Glittering white and blue flowers of crystals and snowflakes blanketed the ground in its wake. He smiled as he watched the flowers surrounded everyones feet. Perhaps this was why he was here, a final gift of excellence.

The flower's influence wasn't something that Gyr- magical though he may be- was built to resist. It crept up on his psyche in secret, and he did not question the urge to make the most of things, to create something, whether this "something" was tangible or memories or- anything. It stirred him from his soft and sleepy disposition, livening the senses and lowering the inhibitions. Decorum was sufficiently stifled as he blurted "You saved a dragon? You must be a skilled and compassionate warrior! If he is half dragon, what is is 'other half', if I might ask?" He had so many questions. All the questions. Eloquence insisted all night that he not disrupt these most magical affairs, but eloquence wasn't here right now. There was only so much time left before he couldn't learn anything more, he could feel it!
Kneewm was caught, should he find th duchess and thank her for he kind invitation, or dive right in to talking. He guessed he could thank her after but still it was the formal thing to do.
Aspen decided to walk toward the rose again, but this time, he watched it in amazement. He knew better than to touch it, for he assumed that it was the reason for the feeling in the air. Every few seconds or so, he noticed other people either looking at the rose with him or walking around. Aspen thought the rose had a special meaning to the Duchess as well, but he wasn't sure. He smiled as he looked upon the glory and beauty that was the rose.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess reappears just as the alicorn works his spell to spread flowers throughout the snow-covered glade. She laughs with pure joy, raising her hands into the snowy air and slowly turning, letting the spell-flowers climb her. "Yes, my friends! You honor me with the beauty you create for our gala!" The diamond-studded snowflake pins in her hair gleam with the same light that the rose does, her connection to the wilting flower seeming to strengthen the closer the time comes for the party to end. "Let us make merry for as long as we may! Who will dance with me?"
Sarthelia giggled at Gyrfalcon's almost childlike wonder at her achievements. "I'm no warrior my friend, I just know my way around the most dangerous of beasts, learned from the best and still nowhere near what he could do." She said, reminiscing on those old memories and hoping to make new ones at this strange little place. "I'm not sure what his other half is, but it certainly is still a scaly critter." She said. Xefry let out a small sound not unlike a bird chirp crossed with a cat purring. The chittering sound was adorable and friendly.
Indeed he decided to dive into the fray and apologies to the Duchess after the end of the masquerade. As he walked through the crowded field the rose once again caught his eye drawn to it he made his way over to it. A number of patrons were staring at it, from here he could better comprehend its majesty. At that moment, the duchess came forth and invited all to dance with her, and indeed, seeing his chance to chat with her as well as formally thank her he took up her offer. Striding over, he bowed to the lady.
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

Alfred waited a long while for the woman he spoke to to speak back, but after a while, he realized it was but a wooden cut out of a lady. Woah. He looked into his mug and wondered, not for the first time, what exactly he had been ingesting. When blue flowers and frost littered the ground, Alfred lifted a boot and stared in wonderment at the sight. Maybe this creature could make a glowing flower for him! It was obviously magic and a powerful sort at that. He wandered over to Cosmic and lifted his mead to him now.

"Say, you're pretty magical, aren't you?" He asked him and if the creature would reply with an affirmative, Alfred would then ask, "Could you help locate people? If they needed locating?"
((Freak how do i split paragraphs in chat?))
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

(( hold shift before enter ))
((Shift and enter))

((hold shift while hitting enter, it'll go down a line!))
((Thanks))
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((You can turn off enter automatically sending in the settings (the gear icon to the top right of the chat box, or you can just use shift-enter to sometimes override it but not always.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus