Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Does your username mean something?

This is just general curiosity lol
If it mean something, what does it mean?

I'll start! My username is actually just me shortening the words "Alternative Heaven" for some reason
It was a while back, so, I don't exactly remember why I named it that pfff
Now it's your turn! I'm excited to know the juicy secrets of your username lol
ShadowFlame2022

Well when I was little I would always go camping, one day i was looking at the camp fire and saw the shadow of the flames against the sand. Then boom it hit me, ShadowFlame, the 2022 is when i leave high school. i just liked how it sounded.
MangoNekros

MangoNekros is stupidly simple

Nekros is a Warframe in Warframe. One of my favorites.

Mango is a fruit and the color I made my Nekros for some time before realizing it was a huge eyesore.

So Mango+Nekros=MangoNekros.
Danganronpa reference/bad pun because I'm gay and I like video games :3 Plus I relate to the Danganronpa character with the title of Ultimate Gamer :)
Mine's pretty straightforward. It's just the name+nickname of my fursona.

Her name is Ginger, but she likes to call herself Hades for a couple of reasons:
1. Because it's a way cooler name for a demon.
2. To spite her creator. (Her creator is the Queen of the Underworld, but Ginger really doesn't like her. So when she found out about Greek mythology and its God of the Underworld, Hades, she thought he was more altruistic and decided to use his name as her own.)

Then I just put Ginger and Hades side-by-side, and boom! GingerHades.
It's a combination of the first character I created, Nightmare, and the race of creatures from his homeland, Savages. Then I added The to the front of it to mark myself as the first one with it.

So, we have TheNightmareSavage
MangoNekros

GingerHades wrote:

Her name is Ginger, but she likes to call herself Hades for a couple of reasons:
2. To spite her creator. (Her creator is the Queen of the Underworld, but Ginger really doesn't like her. So when she found out about Greek mythology and its God of the Underworld, Hades, she thought he was more altruistic and decided to use his name as her own.)

Waitwaitwait Your Fursona was made by the non-existent-I-think Queen of the Underworld?
MangoNekros wrote:
GingerHades wrote:

Waitwaitwait Your Fursona was made by the non-existent-I-think Queen of the Underworld?

Yup, you read that correctly! Hades is a demon created by a bigger, scarier demon. You can check out Hades' profile, if you wanna read more about it. :D
ALTY_Heave Topic Starter

GingerHades wrote:
MangoNekros wrote:
GingerHades wrote:

Yup, you read that correctly! Hades is a demon created by a bigger, scarier demon. You can check out Hades' profile, if you wanna read more about it. :D

that's sick thooo
MangoNekros

That do be pretty metal. But I must ask... how is it a furry if it's a demon? I'm just curious
well, mine is the name i use online and the name i want to be called, on other websites im also called Gendernotfound, it was a joke with my friends since im Agender meaning i dont have a gender, or atleast thats how i want people to see me, it became one of my used things. its also a bit of a knock off of georgenotfound.
MangoNekros wrote:
That do be pretty metal. But I must ask... how is it a furry if it's a demon? I'm just curious

That's a great question! In my interpretation of the Underworld, the appearances of its residents can vary depending on their origins; I'll keep it brief because there's a lot more to it-

So basically, the Queen of the Underworld can create demons. But she needs energy to do it, so she needs to consume a heavy amount of souls. The type of souls she eats can have a big impact on how the resultant demon turns out, so she demands to have different kinds of souls harvested to create more diverse demons. Hades' appearance was largely impacted by the animal souls that were eaten, particularly felines and birds.
ALTY_Heave wrote:
GingerHades wrote:
MangoNekros wrote:
GingerHades wrote:

that's sick thooo

Thanks! :D
I'm learning Dutch right now.

I liked the Dutch word for Strawberry and my usual username was taken, so, that's about it.
I actually mention it on my page. ^^
Quote:
Hullo, I'm Zelphyr, a name combining "zilpher" (a very old spelling of "silver") and "zephyr." Thus: Silver Wind.

To go a little more into detail, though: The silvery range has long been my favorite metallic color set and a lot of the associations I have for it are things I consider sort of worthy of aspiration, I guess, or things I enjoy and/or associate with. I still get a little self conscious for silly reasons, but I've also long associated myself with silver dragons (not from any specific source, but there are a lot of aspects that seem common to them across the board), though mercury admittedly might be more suitable (though a much less common concept). Someone also suggested gallium, another silver/white-colored metal with a low melting point but without mercury's toxicity; gallium is noted as melting at body temperature and is commonly shown partly or fully melted in someone's hand. (I admit that I like the concept of gallium, but feel mercury is more "accurate" and also like that its alternate name is "quicksilver.")

I have similar feelings around air and water concepts, particularly things like malleability, flow, the infinite options in shapelessness, their associations with travel and freedom, etc.

And... it might have come through a bit when I was talking about metals, but it's not all aspiration and positive associations. These things have negative traits and associations that I also feel connected to, as well as things that can be good or bad depending on more specific details.

Those who have known me long enough also know that this is a pretty new name. The one I previously went by was one I shared with one of my oldest characters (a silver dragon who is typically shapeshifted into a humanoid form, actually, but who I mostly stopped using before I even came to RPR). The shared name always seemed a little weird for the IC/OOC divide, though, I'd been growing more and more detached from that character for quite awhile, and the name had always seemed very feminine to me and I felt I needed to separate myself from that. Down side, this name is apparently less unique than the former, based on how many times I've gotten a "username already taken" error when creating or updating accounts. ^^;
Rogue-Scribe

Rogue
: to behave in an independent or uncontrolled way that is not authorized, normal, or expected

Scribe
: a member of a learned class in ancient times serving as copyists, editors, teachers, and jurists
It was just the first thing that popped into my head. Plus, it fits me, given that I am an entity born in July (The seventh month of the year), and I can be very, very random.
Ink relates to creative poetry in the form of role-playing, story-writing, world-building and poetry. Bones refers to my interest in hobbyist vulture culture, and the perception I have that bones are intimately connected to what they were once a part of.
Esoterica comes from the word Esoteric, which is what I went by for a little bit. But I wanted to make it sound a bit more feminine so I popped an 'a' on the end of it. :3 It comes from my love of the esoteric, particularly eldritch horror and the occult.
Back when I was creating the account I had no idea of a username. Honestly, I'm the worst at thinking of these things. However, I was listening to this song Prom Queen by Molly Kate Kestner on repeat for some time already and then it struck me to just use that. And K at the end is for my own name.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Does your username mean something?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus