Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Wander (played anonymously)

Wander walks under the majority of people, sitting next to Rhens.
Definitely the Duchess (played anonymously)

Second Duchess gets more more agitated as the first Duchess speaks. "A fine story. I tend the rose of hospitality all year, to keep the winter from being so bitter as to be unsurvivable, but this year when I plucked it, I set it in the middle of my ritual circle, turned my back to get a candle, and when I turned back, it was gone! Now my realm is plunged into the coldest winter imaginable. I finally tracked the flower here. What evidence would you like me to provide that I have been robbed? What evidence can I show for the absence of something? And here that thing is! I must complete the ritual in my realm and throw a party of winter warmth or else all will be lost."
Ollie (played anonymously)

Seeing another four-legged critter join the crowd, Ollie sniffs with great interest at Wander's backside. Sorry Wander.

"You sound more hostile than the other one, so I'm more willing to believe the other one." Wander jumps a little, looking behind them, "And what would your name be?"
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

"Well if there are two of you..." Elliot commented, taking in the details without any of the earlier context nor fully understanding things. "What's not to say there might be a third? And if you tend the same kind of rose... then maybe they'd have the same tracking signature right?"
When the Duchess spoke of colder and harder winter than ever, something like a wistful smile seemed to pass in Light Raygun's eyes. "Ah yes, the fox when the winter comes..." she muttered quietly, figuring no one would hear. At the second Duchess's words, however, her eyebrows rose slightly. After long debating whether she should speak up, she cleared her throat slightly. "If I might throw in a possible suggestion to the matter... it might work, it might not, that's for you to say."
"Was there no sense of magic at work? Surely if one were to arrive to steal your rose then there would be at least something indicating an arrival. If it was truly as subtle as you say, then perhaps someone from your own realm may have taken such a beautiful flower?" He spoke slowly, not wanting to anger her further
Saved Character's (played anonymously)

Asmodeus frowns hearing both stories, peeking over Elliot now. "Is it possible for anyone here to duplicate the rose? So that both parties may commence?," He suggests now hopefully. "She may very well be lying but if not her world will be frigid," he explains.
" I think we should share the rose, half of the party should stay here, then the other half should go over there" he said as he looked at them as he sighed
Anul karana (played by Thatnerdychick)

"this is.. circumstantial at best. a flaw in your case perhaps. we have two realms mentioned. two separate flowers which fulfill the same purpose?" she would state to the anti duchess. what makes you so sure this is the flower that was taken? clearly it was stolen, but is the one here, now in front of us the same one? hmmm?"
Definitely the Duchess (played anonymously)

Second Duchess grimaces, "I sound more hostile, and so less believable? If your entire world was threatened with freezing to death, maybe you'd lose your temper as well!" She looks around a little desperately, overwhelmed by all the questions and suggestions. "Well, I... suppose I can't be sure this is the same one. But if it isn't, what am I to do?"
Ollie (played anonymously)

"Hi, I'm Ollie!" borks Ollie the dog to Wander, once again becoming cheerful and oblivious about what was going on around him.
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

"Well if I was you, I'd take it anyway but..." Elliot looked around. "Clearly I'm in the minority..."
he went over to second duches and sighed. "I came from a long line of gardeners, and so I understand their pain. I bet we could find another flower to help you my friend" he said to them

"Is there another way to do the party? are there other areas it can grow?" Wander asked, "I'm Wander,"

"therein lies the answer? you say you can.. track it yes? walk around the flower and feel out with such powers for the signal of the flower. one pull will be towards the flower, and if there is another, then at one point you should feel another pull in the opposite direction."
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Oh, oh, let's... not divide it," hastens the Duchess, shaking her head frantically. "It's not the sort of magic that will survive being torn into two!" She approaches the second duchess, putting a comforting hand on her arm.

"therein lies the answer. you say you can.. track it yes? walk around the flower and feel out with such powers for the signal of the flower. one pull will be towards the flower, and if there is another, then at one point you should feel another pull in the opposite direction."
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

The Wyverian seemed taken aback! "No way! Here? With so much excitement going on? You surprise me." A hand goes to their chest.

In curiosity, they look between the duo. "Don't mind my butting in, but if it isn't the same one, wouldn't that imply there are multiple you can find one with?"

A hand waved at Elliot. "Oh, no. That makes two of us again, buddy."

((woops, meant to correctly a punctuation))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus