Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Say something only your generation will understand

You can easily find your way from Lumbridge to Varrock by following the trails of campfires.

Remove this ad

hurricane tortilla

edit: only gen z who grew up broke will understand: cyberchase
Aardbei Topic Starter

Saturninum wrote:
hurricane tortilla

edit: only gen z who grew up broke will understand: cyberchase

Joke's on you I'm broke gen y and I understand cyberchase!
Tin baths, outside netties, and chip butties. And, don't forget the Y.T.S.

I trust this video will count?
What about plugged nickles? Or wooden nickles? I am sure many would know wash boards but have you washed on one? A juice squeezer. A sock hop.
Aardbei Topic Starter

Katia wrote:

Pure nostalgia... And also frustrating when someone else in the house wants to make a phonecall. -.-
TheCreator7 wrote:
What about plugged nickles? Or wooden nickles? I am sure many would know wash boards but have you washed on one? A juice squeezer. A sock hop.

Actually yeah, we used a washboard in my old apartment because the laundromat wanted highway robbery to use the machines. >:(
"After level 8-4, the mushrooms all turn into beetles."

"I know you called, I know you called...Star 69."

"Joey is cuter than Jordan. And Donnie is so fine."

"Duh!"
Aardbei Topic Starter

Abigail_Austin wrote:

"Duh!"

Ah star 6 9, the way you redial the last number that called... I wonder if it still works.
I guess phones these days have call logs, heh.
I replied to a bunch of things!
Aardbei wrote:
[...] gen y [...]

Was that intentional, having been such a short-lived name that only a subset of a generation actually recognizes or identifies with it, or did ya just not feel like typing out "millennial?" XD

Katia wrote:
See more

Yup. But that was widespread enough to be pretty notable to 2-3 generations.

TheCreator7 wrote:
See more

I might know what plugged nickles are (is that one of the coin-inside-a-coin, uh, coins?), I've had wooden nickles and I think some places still make them, and I'm familiar with multiple items that seem appropriate to call a "juice squeezer" (so I don't know). I know what a washboard is, but indeed have never used one, nor do I understand what would have made them useful; I remember my mom doing laundry in the bathtub, just swishing things around with a hand and sometimes rubbing things more directly together for stubborn bits. I think I've heard of a sock hop, I might know what it is, but that's as much as I got for that one. ^^;

And I'm a millennial.

Abigail_Austin wrote:
See more

"Duh!"

My first thought was "hey, aren't you the generation before mine? I know some of those." Then I checked and realized you're right on the line of baby Gen-X and elder Millennial, so... makes sense. XD

If the teacher pops a test
I know~ I'm in a mess
And my dog ate all my homework last night
Riding low in my chair
She won't know that I'm there
If I can hand it in tomorrow it will be~ al~right~!

---

"Make my monster grow!"

---

"Who let the dogs out?"
"Guess the dance is over."

---

Let me know if you get this one without checking the spoiler.

"Previously on X-Men... "
DANANANAAAA NA-NA! NANANANAAAA NA-NA!
Magical Liopleurodon, Chaaaaaarlieeee!
Sillybandz. I genuinely miss them and remember the few months craze! I still have about twenty I wear from time to time, but really wish I had more so I could make color schemes while still having twenty-five or so on my arm.

...I looked it up. They are still being sold. Guess what I'm doing when I get some wiggle room in wallet town.

I spose this would be more of a 'no generation after me will probably get this' vs something only my generation will understand. Except... Maybe the thrill of opening a new pack!🤭
Road work ahead..?

Uh, yeah, I sure hope it does..
Aardbei Topic Starter

GigaBit wrote:
Road work ahead..?

Uh, yeah, I sure hope it does..

Your avatar works so well with this quote. XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Say something only your generation will understand

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Sanne, Ben, Darth_Angelus