Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Mini Might (played by Dragothemonk)

Idly wonders if he could tell his story with pictures and emotions and then just shakes his head and sits down
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Duchess clasps a hand over her mouth, shaking her head. "But what happened? How did you escape?"
Is that... an igloo?

Eyes behind the mask blinked in surprise at the glistening crystal beauty of the location. It reminded her of the snow fort they used to build in--

"I think this snow is solid enough that our fort won't disintegrate to atoms over our head - what you say, Chiara? Mommy did a good work? It's not a real igloo but--"

Her infant's giggles and inarticulate babbles were the only answer, but she had been able to make a head or tail of it, because she chuckled in return. "Yes, I know dad would have made it better, we'll work on it when he arrives... then we'll bundle ourselves in and keep guard from the evil Ice Wizard, dad, me, your little brother...." she had booped her baby daughter's nose, "and you!"

More delighted giggles, then what was already her daughter's favorite word. "Wububs!"

"I love you too, my snowflake." Somewhere, her communicator had started ringing. "This must be dad! Where - Chiara, where's mommy's comm? No no no, don't chew on it! Here, give it to me - that's my girl. Mwah!" One swish of the lockscreen. "Hi dear! We've built up the fortress, now we're just waiting for you! When are you coming over? No, now it's not snowing, it should be clear to land... You'll be proud of your Hikari! Chiara helped me too..."

She steaded herself, drawing in a sharp breath as the rush of memories relinquished its grip - unsurprisingly, though; wasn't holidays a time when you thought more vividly about loved ones and spending time with them? Through the frozen sea of nostalgia a shadow of a smile touched her eyes, and she made her way into the igloo, followijng the glow and laughters from within.

Upon arrival she immediately recognized the Duchess and moved over to greet her, though as the party seemed to be in the middle of sharing a tale, she waited politely for her turn to speak.
The Hitchhiker (played anonymously)

The drifter kind of spaced out and went wandering about, losing track of everyone and everything. Watching snowflakes fall sort of did that. Once he realized everyone went inside to warm up, he realized he was cold again and his hot chocolate was long gone.

Going in, he spotted the fair lady again and said, “This is a far-out party, but I need to find a ride south so I will have to go.” He looked over at the table of food and thought about helping himself to some, but instead turned and waved to everyone… “May we meet somewhere again, on this plane or another. Farewell and happy travels!”

With that, the drifter bundled himself in his parka and headed for the road…
Koi (played by HONEYBLOSSOM)

"Oh.." She didn't expect it to go into detail, so she took in a deep breath and began
"Well, as I still have both my legs, I did manage to escape. But how I did it..." she trailed off
"I happened to have a knife on me, as we usually go out only go out of the sea for hunting. So I managed to stab its eye and get away with only a couple cuts and bites. I did get a cool scar from it though..!"
The Hitchhiker (played anonymously)

((This was fun! I’ll return and reveal later…

… returns … Archivalist))

Spots the child in the Light's arms and hops around playfully cause he knows kids give the best scratches

((Okay!))
Gem-Horned Gentleman (played by hexblading)

Waits quietly for an answer to the shark tale, enraptured.
Tabetha Marrowheart (played by GingerHades)

Tabetha listened to the tale intently, all while silently drinking cocoa and slowly inching towards Cris. Tabetha seemed weirdly fixated on her.
((Light's kids aren't with her, that was a flashback memory she was having XD But it's okay if I have her notice Mini Might? :3 ))

((dang it i miss read somehow.... oops))
Ollie (played anonymously)

Sporting his many wreaths, Ollie goes trotting into the igloo, his beautiful tail waving behind him happily. "Hello!" he borks to the people inside. "Hello! Hello! I'm Ollie! I'm a Good Boy!"
((It's okay, I couldn't help add a bit of flashbacks because that's how I write XD XD XD))

Eyes the hyper dog and hops around wondering how the dog can speak

The Duchess shakes her head in wonder. "I'm very impressed. It sounds like that shark got quite the scar to show off as well. And I'm very glad you survived." She then notices Light Raygun standing there, and grins in recognition. "My friend! You're back! And you've brought your dog friend as well, I see."
Gem-Horned Gentleman (played by hexblading)

Though normally a cat man himself, who could resist an animal trudging into a space? Surely not an animal himself. "Hello, there." He reaches out, petting the curious creature on the head.
Ollie (played anonymously)

"oh HI!" borks Ollie, immediately leaning his head into the pats. His wagging tail speeds up its pace. "I'm so happy to meet you!"
Koi (played by HONEYBLOSSOM)

She stared at the dog and person who came in. More at the dog, obviously and took another large sip. How much cocoa was that now? 3-4 mugs?
As two of the parties noticed her - a small dragon and an elf in white - Cris's eyes smiled behind the mask, and she was about to greet them and introduce herself when first, the sight of fluffy gold fur walking on four paws distracted her and *then* recognizing the Good Boy was the cherry on top of the cake.

"Ollie!!! Oh gosh, you're here too!" Excitedly, she knelt to immediately tickle Ollie's ears. "How have you been?? You remember me from last year?"

... yep, the CUTE PUPPER radar had been activated. People were going to have to call back her attention now, because Ollie had it all!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official event: Winter Masquerade 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus