Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » this is a bit overdue...

hi i'm relatively new, i've mostly been keeping to myself on the site so far until i get this introduction done! i've been rping since i was way too young to be online, and i'm still rping now almost 20 years later, but don't get the wrong idea; i'm pretty shy and keep to myself, so i probably don't have as much experience as i Should, but i'm happy to share what i know with people. esp since i'm super passionate about writing in general! it's a lot easier for me to talk to people if i feel i have something to offer, so you'll usually hear from me in that sense. i try to offer good advice, whether it be for personal stuff or just the various dumb things i know about, so sorry if it seems like i'm butting into a conversation sometimes or rambling.

i write a lot of modern stuff, most of it involves comedy in some aspect. drama, slice of life, angst, romance (and general platonic stuff), horror and the like are all my faves. i'm definitely not as big on historical stuff in the slightest, and i don't have any technical knowledge of sci-fi or fantasy, but i enjoy the elements. onizuka and shinomi are my babies and they don't get a lot of play, so if you're interested in them i would love to hear from you, but be aware that i do have a super full plate a lot of the time with https://www.rprepository.com/g/weebtrash , the other group i'm in, and doing my freelance work on the side! i also do art and made all the art on oni and shicchi's profile, so feel free to chat with me about drawing and painting and stuff. i know a lot even if i don't have a lot of time for it!

also gonna be reupdating my profile to be a little less chaotic and a little more streamlined, so sorry about the mess~
Welcome to RPR! ^_^
scare

welcome
Welcome to RPR 😊 This is a great community.
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Site Rules
This should be your first step. It details expectations for you using the site itself, and carries over to the forums, as the forums are part of the site.

Forum Rules
This should be your next step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
9def09e43590bd374e941c731f274a92.gif
Hello! Welcome to RPR!
Hello, and a late welcome to you! :D
GU7TMUNCH3RZ

7e33689a8289eb68c8d97c6d4f2bafb3.gif
!!~WELCOME TO RPR~!!
Hello Ari! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
NwJXT0D.gif

I love the weebtrash -- I was once an anime tyke myself. I, unfortunately, fell out of it and moved on to comics and eventually out of that back into video games at some point, and now I'm into solving crimes and bringing justice to baddies while also proving my mental mettle.

I am all over the map, typically! You have good taste in genres for sure! My pick of the lot as well, and I am also severely shy. I have a tendency to vanish but still be here because I'm so incredibly intimidated by everyone and everything so know you are not alone in that by a long shot.

Oh! Welcome to RPR, of course! I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy your RPs. There are a lot of people who enjoy anime style characters and settings. Check out the public forums! You never know what you might find.

Most importantly of all, have fun! 😊
sadadadako Topic Starter

thanks everybody, i appreciate it!

@Athiest , i know how that can be, haha! i truthfully don't watch a ton myself anymore, but most of my friends are into it and i still love rping certain settings and characters, so i'm just the resident Boomer Anime guy. glad to hear from you though, and i hope to see you around the site. i'll definitely try to hit up the looking for rp forums once i get my backlog handled!
Heh There's a whole public forum (RP Discussion) intended for people to butt in to a conversation to give some advice and rambling =) Come join us looll
Welcome!
Welcome to RPR! :D
Welcome to RPR. I understand the whole being too shy to actively participate. I was that way for a very long time in the roleplaying world. I would work super hard on a character I thought would harbor a lot of attention and then just wait for someone to notice and reach out to me. I was too afraid to reach out to others as I always had that undying feeling that I was a bother - cue the inferiority complex.

Just know, there are people here who understand you and can relate. Find yourself a kindred spirit and let your creativity soar.

full_007-im-4a980b5f-f2c5-471e-a0fc-db0ce1f2e335.gif
Well welcome to the site, even if its a bit of a late introduction I hope you can find the right people to write with!!
mlp-herd.gif
Welcome to RPR!
Hello and welcome to the site!
Cyndiadame18

Welcome to rpr! Have fun
Welcome

You are on: Forums » Introductions » this is a bit overdue...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus